Need Help with Knitting Daily's "Eco Vest" Pattern

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
magenta05vtx wrote
on Mar 26, 2011 8:50 AM

I'm having trouble reading the pattern for the Eco Vest found in Knitting Daily's "5 Free Knitted Vests" booklet.

I know there are a couple of different ways to "M1" depending on which way you want the stitch to slant.  In the pattern as I'm on the "Increase Row" i have to M1 several times, but it doesn't say which way -  left slant or right slant.  Any suggestions?

Also,  the "Dividing Row" is give me huge troubles.  Pattern says Work 31 right front in pattern, and then divide then place 80 sts and 31 sts on stitch holders.  My problem now is that after dividing it all, i'm supposed to "cont in established pattern on 31 right front sts", but i get lost here.  Where do i continue in established pattern?  because the stitch count seems messed up to me.

Hope these questions make sense.  Can anyone out there give some advice?  THis is the first time i've posted here, and I'm in desperate need of help.  The vest is really cute, and i'd be so happy if i can actually make it.

Please help

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 312
on Mar 26, 2011 9:56 AM

*I know there are a couple of different ways to "M1" depending on which way you want the stitch to slant.  In the pattern as I'm on the "Increase Row" i have to M1 several times, but it doesn't say which way -  left slant or right slant.  Any suggestions?

Normally, if you are not told to specifically do a left or right then you do a left.

*Pattern says Work 31 right front in pattern, and then divide then place 80 sts and 31 sts on stitch holders.  My problem now is that after dividing it all, i'm supposed to "cont in established pattern on 31 right front sts", but i get lost here.  Where do i continue in established pattern?  because the stitch count seems messed up to me.

The pattern is whatever you were doing to the total 142 sts, but you just work the first 31, middle 80  or last 31.

So, if the rs row was p6 k130 p6, you would work the first 31 sts, so p6 k25.

And if the corresponding ws row was k6 p130 k6 you would work the last 31 sts, p25 k6. 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
magenta05vtx wrote
on Mar 26, 2011 5:23 PM

ok.  I'll be trying it tonight. 

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS