THE OFFICIAL MAPLE STREET CARDIGAN KNIT-ALONG POST

This post has 458 Replies | 27 Followers rated by 7 users
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
trailridr24 wrote
on Jun 27, 2011 6:07 AM

Sorry I didn't answer sooner, I haven't been on the website for a few days. I PU'd the bands. K1 P1 for 3 rows. On my 4th row I made the buttonholes (method to spacing similar to the method Kathleen posted here on Knitting Daily). K1 P1 for 2 more rows and then bind off the 3rd row. I had never done bands before but this seemed better than seaming.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Jun 27, 2011 7:37 AM

Very beautiful!!  Jeanie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Jun 28, 2011 7:16 AM

I wound up PU sts as well as I was nervous about getting the bands to fit.  I also decided to omit the ruffles. I also shortened the sleeves by one inch as I ran out of yarn (Quince Lark.) It's not perfect but I'm happy with it and look forward to wearing the cardi in the fall.  We are in the 90's now in Charlotte.  This was a fun KAL!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 485
bessT wrote
on Jun 28, 2011 9:41 AM

JeanieH@6:

I also shortened the sleeves by one inch as I ran out of yarn (Quince Lark.) ....

Looks great! I like the sleeve length Wink

Well done, Jeanie! Thanks especially for modeling it on a very warm day! Send some my way please. Sign me, 'Shivering on the West Coast'

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Jun 28, 2011 12:37 PM

Thank you!!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 48
knitter247 wrote
on Jul 1, 2011 10:33 PM

Thanks Jeanie, your cardi looks great - how nice to be so hot, but our turn will come eventually!! We have a maximum of 10 and a minimum of -5 this week, just the weather for knitting. Am still hoping to hold up the Aussie Maple St but will need another week to finish the ruffles and neckband,  so don't count me out quite yet!! Have already voted for the sprout tee as it looks interesting, challenging and useful as a vest ready for Spring.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Jul 2, 2011 8:37 AM

Looking forward to seeing your cardi!  I also voted for the sprout tee - it does look challenging to me as well.  I am knitting another vest out of sprout and it's a lovely yarn.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 485
bessT wrote
on Jul 2, 2011 10:06 AM

knitter247:

Am still hoping to hold up the Aussie Maple St but will need another week to finish the ruffles and neckband,  so don't count me out quite yet!!

Looking forward to seeing it! Knit on!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 89
DeborahC53 wrote
on Jul 2, 2011 1:14 PM

I've still got a way to go to finish this.  I've just started the body ribbing and still have one sleeve and the band to do after that.  But, then, it's like I'm making 2 size smalls at once considering the number of stitches I've got on the needles.

I voted for the Counterpane Blouse because it was the only one that wasn't a bunch of stockinette stitching.  LOL!  I'm so tired of it.  This one looks interesting to knit and I thought I would make it an open vest.  Actually, it might be a vest but not sure since I can't see the front of it. :)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 155
klandreneau wrote
on Jul 2, 2011 6:31 PM

Hi All!

I've been keeping up with all the posts and have enjoyed the pics and chatter.  I finished my cardi a while back--not very satisfied with the fit but am not even thinking about starting over--no way!  If I ever use this pattern again I plan to make some adjustments.

I crocheted the bands and ruffles--I like it o.k.--don't like the neck design--goes up too high on me, but I plan to wear it anyway--will have to be a cool day b/c the yarn is very warm!  Quince. Made the sleeves shorter and turned them up for a cuff look.

I would appreciate any comments on adjustments!

Enjoyed "being with all of you"!

P.S.   I voted for the Sprout Tee but don't know if I will join or not--working on caps for the winter and dish cloths--fast and easy projects!!

Katherine

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 485
bessT wrote
on Jul 2, 2011 6:49 PM

Katherine, you've done a lovely job! It looks great,  I can't see anything wrong, maybe the collar just feels different from what you are used to? I like the crochet effect, the ruffles are dainty!

The short cuffs are a nice change to the design, too.

Thanks for sharing!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 485
bessT wrote
on Jul 2, 2011 6:55 PM

DeborahC53:

Actually, it might be a vest but not sure since I can't see the front of it. :)

If you click on the link to the counterpane sweater from the knit along message, we find that front is a panel of garter stitch. I think it could be adapted to a vest though.

Knit on with the Maple sweater, you're nearly there!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 315
sjc wrote
on Jul 2, 2011 7:08 PM

klandreneau:
I would appreciate any comments on adjustments!

Hi Katherine:

I love your touches.  The crochet is nice as are the cuffs.  I might leave the bottom button undone just so it doesn't gape but all in all the sweater is lovely.  I don't see anything wrong with the neckline at all.  Keep up the good work.  I voted for the sprout tee as well.  I love cables!

Sherry

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Jul 2, 2011 7:48 PM

Katherine,  your sweater is lovely and I love the color!  Your tension looks great too.  I don't see any need for adjustments and your buttons line up so well! Jeanie

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 155
klandreneau wrote
on Jul 2, 2011 8:05 PM

Thanks!!  Such encouragement!  I love "working" with all of you!!  lol

Katherine

P.S. May all of you have a blessed and safe July 4th!!!  

Page 29 of 31 (459 items) « First ...  < Previous  27 28 29 30 31  Next > | RSS