THE OFFICIAL MAPLE STREET CARDIGAN KNIT-ALONG POST

This post has 458 Replies | 27 Followers rated by 7 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 158
Grandma V wrote
on Apr 9, 2011 9:38 PM

Don't know if I'll join this KAL - still working on the last KAL - but will follow along just in case.  This would be a really cute sweater for one of my granddaughters.  Have fun knitting everyone.

Grandma V (Celia)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 484
bessT wrote
on Apr 9, 2011 9:40 PM

Hey, Celia Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 158
Grandma V wrote
on Apr 9, 2011 9:44 PM

Hey, bessT - pretty color yarn this time again.  Can't wait to see your finished sweater - and I know it will be soon!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 314
sjc wrote
on Apr 9, 2011 10:05 PM

Well, it looks like I put my comment in the wrong part of Kathleen's blog and now I can't find it.  Sad I'm off to a great start!  I guess I get to write it again.  I'm glad this pattern was chosen, it's the first one I've voted for of all the KAL's I've done where my vote won (kind of like how I vote for President most of the time during my voting lifetime!)

This is one of my favorite issues of Interweave Daily for anyone who is thinking of purchasing the magazine if it's still available.  We've done the Slanting Gretel Tee (I made two of them), the Everyway Wrap and now this Maple Street Cardi all out of this issue.  I've also made the Scoop Pullover and have the Big Montana Tunic on needles.  I like so many of the patterns in this issue.

I'm making mine in a Big Sky soft blue out of Elann Baby Cashmere, two strands held together.  It swatched beautifully on size 7 needles.  I'm going to make it longer and probably make the sleeves longer as well, to a complete 3/4 length.  I have little need of short sleeves where I am--the two months of summer just don't justify them!  I have ten increase rows done and it's looking nice.  The increases are an interesting way to curve the yoke, I've never used this technique before but I like it.

I hope everyone has fun knitting and I hope lots of pictures get posted.  Love your color Bess T.

Sherry

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Deb@49 wrote
on Apr 9, 2011 10:14 PM

I chose Crocus, a purple. Maybe not that original since the pattern's sweater is purple. My next choice was lichen, a soft green.

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Deb@49 wrote
on Apr 9, 2011 10:25 PM

Katherine, I chose Crocus, a purple from Quince & Co. Not very original since the patern's sweater is purple. My next choice was Lichen.

klandreneau:

Hi Deb,

Just looked over at Quince & Co--nice!  What color did you buy?  I have a difficult deciding on color!

Katherine

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 484
bessT wrote
on Apr 9, 2011 10:54 PM

sjc:

I'm making mine in a Big Sky soft blue out of Elann Baby Cashmere, two strands held together.  ...  Love your color Bess T.

Sherry

Hey, Sherry Smile

One thing I love about the KALs here, many interesting options. I looked up Elann Baby Cashmere, nice yarn! the color same tone as the big sky in your avatar?! Will you use a single strand for the ruffle, and if so, what a good idea.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 60
mamadeitz wrote
on Apr 10, 2011 5:30 AM

i can't decide what type of yarn to use! i would like a cotten blend I think. i went on ravelry and was not too helpful for yarn types. also noticed most made without the ruffles.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Apr 10, 2011 11:10 AM

Thank you so much for recommending Quince yarn!  I had read about Pam Allen's new yarn and forgot about it.  I ordered it in Crocus color and can't wait for it to arrive!  Had wanted to use something in my stash but really din't have anything suitable with enough yardage.  Jeanie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
belledejour wrote
on Apr 10, 2011 5:04 PM

I'm excited for this project!  This is my first KAL.  I have the perfect amount of some Miss Babs Yowza Whatta Skein! in Tulipa that I'm thinking of using.  

Does anyone think creating a Ravelry KAL page would be useful?  

Not Ranked
Posts 12
ToniN wrote
on Apr 10, 2011 6:51 PM

I've looked at all the interesting yarn choices mentioned here, but have chosen something completely different -- hope it works!  I have on order some Reynolds Saucy 100% cotton, in color Toffee.  I do have some old ribbon yarn that might work for the ruffles.  Does that sound crazy?  I'll give it a try -- I see that doesn't get applied until the end.  So, am just waiting for delivery -- I've enjoyed the photos posted here.  I'll try to submit a picture or two when I get started.

Toni

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 314
sjc wrote
on Apr 10, 2011 7:06 PM

bessT:
I looked up Elann Baby Cashmere, nice yarn! the color same tone as the big sky in your avatar?! Will you use a single strand for the ruffle, and if so, what a good idea.

Hey BessT,

I'm glad to have a KAL going again and glad to see you here!

Color is a little lighter than the avatar sky!  I took a picture but the yarn comes out more a gray blue in it than it really is.  As I progress I'll take some in natural light--little available today.  I'm at the part of the pattern where I start increasing every four rows.  I really like the M1B increases--cool!

Sherry

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Apr 10, 2011 7:12 PM

belledejour:

Hi belledejour,

I dont know about this since Ravelry and Knitting Daily are two very separate entities.  Having said that, I know that many KD members are also Ravelry members but not all of them are.  Those that arent would be left out of the Knitting Daily KAL.  I know that from past KALs here that all references to the KAL are to be posted here so that all who are doing this KAL can benefit.  That is the purpose of a KAL.  I am a member of Ravelry but find that KD is much more suited to me.  It is so easy to navigate around in the Interweave Knits sites.  I dont know what the purpose of having a Ravelry KAL page would do for a project being done here on KD????

Just one opinion among the knitters, Happy knitting, Zoe Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 314
sjc wrote
on Apr 10, 2011 7:12 PM

belledejour:

Hi Belledejour:

I have mine on my Ravelry page as of today (mtknitting) but a KAL page might attract more participants who don't even know the KAL is going on.  I'm not sure I have time or energy to post in two spots but if people do more power to them. 

I love the name of your yarn!  Yowza!  Never heard of it but sounds cool in Tulipa--what color is that and what is it's content?  Happy knitting!

Sherry

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 89
DeborahC53 wrote
on Apr 10, 2011 7:14 PM

That looks exactly like the color I'm using in Cotton Ease.  Mine is violet. :)

How is everyone knitting so fast?  I've been knitting all day and am only on row 18.  But, then, I'm making the largest size plus increasing even more! 

Page 4 of 31 (459 items) « First ...  < Previous  2 3 4 5 6  Next >  ... Last » | RSS