Found a box of my knitting magazines....

This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
lhalfcent wrote
on Apr 25, 2011 10:20 PM

and to my delight I found my Interweave Knit magazines going all the way back to 2000!!!

I thought i had lost them in a move but no! So i have been looking thru everyone of them all day and making plans for yarn i have been spinning.

I am soooo happy!!!!!!!! lol

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 122
Kelleigh wrote
on Apr 25, 2011 11:13 PM

YEAH 1halfcent! 

I'm turning cart wheels for you!  Okay, not really but I am very, very happy for you!  Big Smile    Yes  Music

KELLEIGH~~

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
lhalfcent wrote
on Apr 26, 2011 8:24 AM

LOL thanks... I digged deeper into the box and lo and behold...found another one from 1997!! lol

i love interweave knit... so many ideas and you know the patterns truly are timeless for the most part.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 122
Kelleigh wrote
on Apr 26, 2011 6:40 PM

You're welcome! 

But you know,  you didn't just find a box of old magazines, You Found TREASURE! 

I'm still very happy for you....you lucky girl you Wink

Sigh....I love Interweave Knits too. Just need more time to knit.  Time

KELLEIGH~~

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
lhalfcent wrote
on Apr 26, 2011 10:31 PM

It is a treasure!!! I been browsing them and yes, need more time to knit! lol

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 122
Kelleigh wrote
on Apr 28, 2011 10:03 PM

Guess I could stay up late Friday and Saturday nights to knit, ya think?

KELLEIGH~~

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
lhalfcent wrote
on Apr 28, 2011 11:21 PM

LOL

I just got inspired to use up my early yarns I spun. I have a basket of them. All sorts of thicknesses and stuff that i was hanging on to for that aha project.

I like that entrelac scarf featured here and in one of the mags I saw a couple bags made with interesting yarns. Sooooo, I decided to pull out my basket of funky yarns and am knitting up an entrelac bag. So far it is looking really good! I will post some pictures.

fun fun fun!!!!!!!!!!  :)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 122
Kelleigh wrote
on Apr 29, 2011 9:47 AM

lhalfcent:

LOL

I just got inspired to use up my early yarns I spun. I have a basket of them. All sorts of thicknesses and stuff that i was hanging on to for that aha project.

I like that entrelac scarf featured here and in one of the mags I saw a couple bags made with interesting yarns. Sooooo, I decided to pull out my basket of funky yarns and am knitting up an entrelac bag. So far it is looking really good! I will post some pictures.

fun fun fun!!!!!!!!!!  :)

You spin your own yarn AND you do entrelac?  Sheesh, you are talented!  I can't wait to see pics of your "funky yarn" projects so knit, knit, knit and have a blast.  I'll be waiting tee hee Stick out tongue

KELLEIGH~~

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
lhalfcent wrote
on Apr 29, 2011 12:09 PM

I taught myself how to spin this year. I am glad I did cuz now I can spin what I want at a lesser cost. lol

I am getting a supply of local fleeces that I learned to wash and spin and color if needed.

lately i am learning to spin a lace weight. I love it.

but my first spins were ... well lets just say I learned to spin! :P

here is a pic of my baskets of early spun yarns in a variety. camel, merino, and some other wools I don't remember what they were. then a pic of the entrelac bag i am making.  Making a long rectangle that I will sew up the sides and line with cotton then make a sturdy strap. Thinking of putting on a brass snap closure but not sure yet.

anyway, enjoy!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 122
Kelleigh wrote
on Apr 29, 2011 5:52 PM

lhalfcent:

I taught myself how to spin this year. I am glad I did cuz now I can spin what I want at a lesser cost. lol

I am getting a supply of local fleeces that I learned to wash and spin and color if needed.

lately i am learning to spin a lace weight. I love it.

but my first spins were ... well lets just say I learned to spin! :P

here is a pic of my baskets of early spun yarns in a variety. camel, merino, and some other wools I don't remember what they were. then a pic of the entrelac bag i am making.  Making a long rectangle that I will sew up the sides and line with cotton then make a sturdy strap. Thinking of putting on a brass snap closure but not sure yet.

anyway, enjoy!

Let me just say;

WOW! on the yarn and WOW! on the start of the bag.

I most certainly did enjoy that and I thank you for sharing!  You are an inspiration to me and I may look in to learning to spin. 

I'm' sure you'll figure out the closure once you get closer to finishing so....knit on and enjoy!

KELLEIGH~~

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
lhalfcent wrote
on Apr 30, 2011 9:16 PM

Finished!!!

the bag is 15 inches long and 10 1/2 inches wide. I made three I-cords and braided them for the strap.

bulky but nice. made a crocheted button for the front flap and lined the bag with a piece of linen scrap from another project.

These pics are before i blocked the finished bag after all the sewing of the lining etc.

Front

Back

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 122
Kelleigh wrote
on May 1, 2011 6:08 PM

lhalfcent:

Finished!!!

the bag is 15 inches long and 10 1/2 inches wide. I made three I-cords and braided them for the strap.

bulky but nice. made a crocheted button for the front flap and lined the bag with a piece of linen scrap from another project.

These pics are before i blocked the finished bag after all the sewing of the lining etc.

Front

Back

Bag, design, and color combination are just BEAUTIFUL!  Great Job!! Star

KELLEIGH~~

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
lhalfcent wrote
on May 1, 2011 9:31 PM

Thankyou!

making a second one now cuz family wants them. rofl

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 122
Kelleigh wrote
on May 2, 2011 10:34 AM

lhalfcent:

Thankyou!

making a second one now cuz family wants them. rofl

Uh oh....you better get busy  Surprise Have fun!

KELLEIGH~~

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS