Trendsetter Yarn Giveway

This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 28, 2011 8:06 PM

I thought they were going to announce the winner somewhere re the Barry Klein yarn give away of Trendsetter Flamenco.  I was not able to find it here on KD.  Was it specified to be announced somewhere else?  Just wondering who won? 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Apr 28, 2011 8:13 PM

ZassZ:
I thought they were going to announce the winner somewhere re the Barry Klein yarn give away of Trendsetter Flamenco. 

Hi ZassZ,

I was also under the same impression.  If they did announce it, I missed it completely!!  Huh?

Check conversations.

Happy knitting, Zoë Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 28, 2011 8:29 PM

Hi,

I searched for it and so far nothing turns up.  I know that on the Sewing Daily, they make their announcements right under the same blog for the winners. 

Yes Zoe, I "checked" and now please check your Answer, Zoe. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 28, 2011 8:32 PM

I searched for it and nothing came up.  On the Sewing Daily, they announce the winners right under the same blog that the contest is being held under. 

Yes, Zoe I just did and now please check your "Answer Zoe". 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 122
Kelleigh wrote
on Apr 28, 2011 9:38 PM

I didn't even see that giveaway!  Darn.  I have been waiting for the announcement of the Blossom Street yarn winner.  I won a pair of mittens from the "Smitten by mittens" contest but I NEVER even got them. Oh well. 

I'll look around and see what I can find even though I did see  ;-) that you already searched here on KD

KELLEIGH~~

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 28, 2011 10:08 PM

Hi Kelleigh,

It was under the blog from Kathleen.  The yarn that Barry was giving away was a nice trim yarn for ruffles or accents or however you enjoy using it.  I happened to see a similar yarn a few months ago and I wrote about it here, then I was surprised to see he was giving away a similar version of the basic concept for these yarns.   I had seen a woman with some on her needles in the yarn shop I was in and she showed how to work with it.  It was pretty interesting and I then asked if anyone here had known about this technique.  Of course, then there were videos on youtube showing "how to" .  So that's how we came to this point basically.  Let me know if you find anything and thanks for looking. 

Which website was contest on that you did enter? 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 122
Kelleigh wrote
on Apr 28, 2011 10:20 PM

ZassZ:

Which website was contest on that you did enter? 

The Mitten contest was right here at Knitting Daily last year and I'm sure you say the Blossom Street yarn contest.  I did see that the other winners received their prizes as they posted what their plans were for the yarn or that they had made mittens already with the yarn, etc.

KELLEIGH~~

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 28, 2011 10:34 PM

Hi Kelleigh,

Well maybe Kathleen which see this and address all three issues here.  Since you won you should get your yarn!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Apr 29, 2011 6:47 AM

ZassZ:

I thought they were going to announce the winner somewhere re the Barry Klein yarn give away of Trendsetter Flamenco.  I was not able to find it here on KD.  Was it specified to be announced somewhere else?  Just wondering who won? 

Hi ZassZ,

The only reference to the give away was that it would be on the 27th of April. 

"We'll randomly choose three lucky knitters from this post's comments to receive two skeins of Flamenco yarn (enough to make a scarf!). Winners will be chosen at noon Mountain Time on Wednesday, April 27th, so be sure to comment before then! "    taken from Katherine's blog dated April 18, 2011

I wish the winners luck and enjoyment knitting with the yarn!!

Happy knitting, Zoë Smile

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 122
Kelleigh wrote
on Apr 29, 2011 10:53 AM

ZassZ:

Hi Kelleigh,

Well maybe Kathleen which see this and address all three issues here.  Since you won you should get your yarn!

Hi there ZassZ,

For this giveaway they did an update (Link below) to show who won, don't know why they stopped doing this:

http://www.knittingdaily.com/blogs/tuned_in/archive/2010/07/29/smitten-with-knitted-mittens-watch-this-video-and-enter-our-mitten-giveaway.aspx

On that page, they also mention the trendsetter giveaway.  I may go over to the trendsetter site and see if there is a mention about your contest.  Might have posted it later?  I'll let you know if I find anything.

KELLEIGH~~

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 29, 2011 4:12 PM

Hi Kelleigh, 

When I went to the sign in page a funny little thing I noticed on the right side top of page was a 2 sentence reference to the Trendsetter Yarn Giveway being one of the sentences.  While it did not really give a clear direction to how it applied.  Anyway, I signed out and signed back in and the second time, it was no longer there anywhere on the page.  I checked to see if the deal is that you have to be signed up for the newsletter and then that is how you get notified as to the giveaways and contest winners. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 122
Kelleigh wrote
on Apr 29, 2011 5:20 PM

Well ZassZ,

Now that is really interesting and I'm not quite sure what to make of it.  Why would it be there one way and not the other?  I also found nothing at Trendsetters' web site.  Guess we'll never know.

KELLEIGH~~

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on May 15, 2011 5:32 PM

Well - I have not been on KD for approx. last 3 weeks and thought I would check to see WHO won the giveaway of Trendsetter yarn by Barry Klein.  I would think that it would have posted somewhere by NOW?  But as I checked Kathleen's original blog on it, it wasn't there, so where in the world would the most logical place be for the winners (3) to be posted?  Is it a secret?  I see on the Sewing Daily site the winners to contests are posted right under the same blog where the entries are made by the contestants.   Maybe it is trivial but it is annoying.   

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 508
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
AnnieB wrote
on May 18, 2011 11:46 AM

ZassZ,

I hadn't posted the winners on the KD blog simply because i'm having trouble getting a hold of the third winner. Had thought i'd post it by now, but alas. Unfortunately, you didn't win, as i'd have contacted you the day the random selection was chosen had you been one of the winners. But, please, enter again during our next giveaway, ya never know! Apologies to you for making this difficult, appreciate your attention to the matter.
Thanks!
Annie Hartman Bakken

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on May 18, 2011 5:42 PM

Hi AnnieB

Thanks for kindly responding to my inquiry.  Well, I already knew I was not one of the winners for obvious reasons!  So what happens if you can not succeed in contacting the third winner?  Does it mean you pull another name out of the hat?  So how long do we have to wait for the names of the winners to be actually posted?  Like most contest guidelines, Is there a cut-off date if the person whose name was drawn does not claim the prize by a certain passage of time? 

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS