knit cap

This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 7
BakerR2 wrote
on May 7, 2011 9:05 PM

I am searching for a pattern on this site for a cap knitted with Baby Jacquards yarn by Bernat. It has a knit picot edge at the bottom and a ribbon running through it. 

I would be very grateful if someone can tell me how to obtain the pattern. I love the yarn!

I am very new to the site, but trust me, I feel I have gone everywhere and have not found it yet!

Many thanks for listening.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on May 8, 2011 7:35 AM

BakerR2:
I am searching for a pattern on this site for a cap knitted with Baby Jacquards yarn by Bernat. 

Hi BakerR2,

Your first search should begin with the Bernat website.  They have many many patterns there and also have pattern books for sale.  Since they also make the Baby Jacquards yarn, you should definitely search over there.

You can also go to the brown search bar at the top of the page and click on Patterns and search through the patterns yourself to see if it is on this website.

Happy knitting, Zoë Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 7
BakerR2 wrote
on May 8, 2011 12:52 PM

I have been to the Bernat site. And also went to the place at the top "patterns" to no avail.

It really is a darling cap, but I am about ready to give up. The person that has the pattern said she got it here, free I believe. But I do understand that she does not want to share the pattern as it does belong to this site.

The pattern had a name (which I do not remember), but saw that same name when I first came on to the site. So it must be part of a group.

I do thank you very much for responding and trying to help.

Rose

Not Ranked
Posts 7
BakerR2 wrote
on May 8, 2011 12:57 PM

Well being so new on the site, I did reply but don't see it... so going to try again.

I did go to the Bernat site, the pattern is not there.

I also checked above on patterns..not there either.

The person that said she got the pattern at this site, said it had a name and I just do not remember it, but I know I have seen the name on a lavender/purple cap. So I as assuming it is part of a group of patterns.

At this point I am about to give up, and am really disappointed, as I think the cap is so pretty.

I do thank you for taking the time to respond, your kindness is appreciated.

Rose

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on May 8, 2011 2:06 PM

BakerR2:
The person that has the pattern said she got it here, free I believe. But I do understand that she does not want to share the pattern as it does belong to this site.

Hi Rose,

She is right in that the patterns released from here are copyrighted patterns.  Can you contact that person and ask her the name of the pattern??  How long ago was it that she got the pattern from Knitting Daily??  Sometimes patterns have been replaced by other patterns because the copyrights bought by Knitting Daily have expired, so those ones are removed.

Chuckles here because when you post something, sometimes it takes a minute for it to be posted.  Sometimes the posting gets posted a few times as the person who posted doesnt realize that it doesnt instantly appear.  (One post was done 9 times on another topic).  Its all good stuff!

Once you know the name of the pattern, you can type it word for word into your search engine, and the site to get it at will be there.  Dont forget to include the person who developed the pattern.  Perhaps you can contact the person and ask her these things??

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on May 8, 2011 2:20 PM

BakerR2:
The person that has the pattern said she got it here, free I believe.

Hi Rose,

I am confused.  You were on Knitting Paradise and said that you saw the pattern there a few days ago and didnt print the pattern off at that time.

Where did you see that pattern and are you simply wasting time?  Have you also gone to Ravelry and posted this there??  If you dont know where the pattern came from, then say so and dont lead someone else to believe that it is on this particular site that it was seen on.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
BakerR2 wrote
on May 8, 2011 2:37 PM

Zoe:

I owe you an apology, and truly am sorry. You very well could be right about the site. I believe she said this was the site the the pattern was Poppy something.

I was on Knitting Paradise and she showed the cap as her latest project completed. She did not post the pattern directions.

I did write her for more information on the pattern.

Please do not search further. I do appreciate your suggestions and will move forward on my search.

I am very uncomfortable and most likely will not return to the site. The last thing I wanted to do was waste anyone's time.

I do thank you once again for caring.

Rose

Not Ranked
Posts 10
GEHB wrote
on May 8, 2011 3:05 PM

Hi Rose,

It is just that it is very difficult to assist someone to find something if the information given to them is wrong. I will continue to help you and this is not a problem, as long as we are all on the same page.  I am at my Mom's right now and am posting this from her computer.  I will continue this venture when I get home. 

Isnt it strange that at times we will see a pattern and then we just must have it?  I am that way with socks.  I have binders full of sock patterns that just catch me and yet I know that I will likely never make them, but I have to have them.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
BakerR2 wrote
on May 8, 2011 3:24 PM

Please look no further. I appreciate your thoughtfulness, but am embarassed enough as it is.

I will see what I can learn on my own.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on May 8, 2011 6:15 PM

Hi Rose,

No need to be embarrassed at all.  It is simpler to know what and how to find something when we are all on the same page.  There are so many many knitting things "out" there that in order to start the search, we have to know what the person has already done to find what they are searching for.  In this way, we dont duplicate the searches.  Hense all the questions get asked in order to find the same page.

Question for you:  is this the pattern?  http://www.knittingdaily.com/blogs/daily/archive/2011/04/01/the-perfect-springtime-hat-and-it-s-free.aspx

If you go to Ravelry and type in Poppy Beanie, there are many knitters who have done various tweeks of this hat/cap.  The poppies are knit up and stitched on after the cap is knitted.

I know that the yarn used is not the Baby Jacquards yarn by Bernat but that could be used.  Perhaps the person who mentioned it to you used that yarn??

Please do let us know!  Happy knitting, Zoë Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 7
BakerR2 wrote
on May 8, 2011 9:41 PM

Zoe you are fantastic!

Some one at the site gave me the information: http://www.knittingdaily.com/media/p/55765showcontent.asap ( not sure about the . after content)

Anyway, the knit cap with the flowers attached I think is the cap! I have spent days looking for that cap! If I had your e-mail addy I sure would try and copy and paste how she made it in the other yarn. It looks nothing like the one on this site. But it is really cute.

Again, many , many thanks and God Bless.

Rose

Not Ranked
Posts 7
BakerR2 wrote
on May 8, 2011 9:44 PM

Zoe: It is the Perfect Springtime cap.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on May 9, 2011 8:02 AM

Hi Rose,

Just glad I could help out.  Go over to Ravelry and check out the many styles of this cap that was made.  I am sure you will be able to also add your flare to the knitting of it.  You raised my curiousity about this cap so I downloaded it also.  It looks like a nice loose cap and not really a stretchy hugger to one's head.  I am not able to tolerate any head hugger!! (this I get from my Grandmother!)

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS