Sock Knitting Master Class: Knit Along with Ann Budd

This post has 302 Replies | 34 Followers rated by 7 users
Not Ranked
Posts 1
babycakes wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 10:53 AM

I pre ordered this book some time ago should be arriving today.  This sounds like the perfect way to use up all my sock yarns.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Lisa Haskell wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 11:16 AM

I am starting too!  I will begin with a wool yarn that I have navajo plied...a soft but strong wool--warm pink with flecks of mauve, violet and blue blended evenly--very pretty yarn and now I have found the project for it!  Lisa --Fibermaster

Not Ranked
Posts 1
covermewarm wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 11:18 AM

Will this be on DVD soon. I am a hands-on, listen, and watching at the same time learner.

Not Ranked
Posts 12
lorich83 wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 11:26 AM

This sounds great!  I need to challenge myself.  I can do basic socks but need to learn better techniques!  Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 11
AlmaH wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 12:06 PM

I've started a project like this before....I've finished 6 pairs from "Knit, Sock, Love" also Cookie A.  Might just have to interrupt that project to do this one!! The idea of knitting along with Ann Budd just blows my mind.   Alma H.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
CyndyN wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 12:14 PM

New to this KAL, how do I get started? I have tried to get answers from the site but can't seem to find the right place! I know buying the book and it's on order, but what is the proper things I need to know to join in. Thanks in advance for the help.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
cyrmpc wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 12:30 PM

Just like Julie and Julia, but the art of sock knitting instead of the art of French cooking!  Great idea!!  Ann, have you set a deadline for yourself to finish every sock in the book?  Zip it!

Not Ranked
Posts 6
anniehunt wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 12:31 PM

This has come along at the perfect time -- the lull between the KAL with Knitpurlhunter and her promised fall KAL to start in October.  No sock withdrawals.... a new knit along to keep my sock needles warm and use up some of my stash!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
VenjeanaF wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 1:32 PM

I want to do this too, but I also don't know how to join a KAL.  Do you just follow along, or watch a live video feed?  Do we have a time frame to have things finished?

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 30
on Jul 6, 2011 1:45 PM

I have my book and will anxiously wait to see which pattern we're going to do first. There are so many "likeable" socks in here!!!.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 30
on Jul 6, 2011 1:48 PM

Ok, I just read thru the original post and now know that the first socks are the Asymmetrical Cable socks. I'm on it!!!!  Stick out tongue

Not Ranked
Posts 6
sudden wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 2:10 PM

Hi! Now I´ve ordered the book, but it will be a couple of days. I knit in Sweden so we´ll see how well I do in class. I´ll give it a good try. I´m lookiing through my stash to find a nice yarn and then I´ll just have to wait Smile

Petra

Not Ranked
Posts 10
SmokeysMom wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 2:30 PM

Got the book and the CD -- got needles -- ready to go -- this is great -  someone (actually lots of someones) to knit along with -- Chrismas gifts this year will definitely be socks all around!!!! can't wait to get started.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
SmokeysMom wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 2:30 PM

Got the book and the CD -- got needles -- ready to go -- this is great -  someone (actually lots of someones) to knit along with -- Chrismas gifts this year will definitely be socks all around!!!! can't wait to get started.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Arla@4 wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 3:39 PM

Perfect timing!  My book, which I'd pre-ordered from Amazon, just arrived in the mail today.  I also have several skeins of lovely merino sock yarn on the way from Lisa Souza.  Just need to finish my second vanilla sock to free up my needles and I'll be ready to go.  What a wonderful idea-- thank you!  Arla

Page 2 of 21 (303 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS