Sock Knitting Master Class: Knit Along with Ann Budd

This post has 302 Replies | 34 Followers rated by 7 users
Not Ranked
Posts 2
KatPed wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 3:58 PM

Just ordered my book today. This will be my first KAL and I love sock kniiting so should be great. Have some yarn in my stash I am hoping to use, if not oh well will just have to go to my LYS to get some. :-)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
eldeejay wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 4:15 PM

Did you get an answer? How DO you join the KAL if you already have the book?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
on Jul 6, 2011 4:30 PM

HOw do we join in with Ann for sock knitting master class? (after wepurchase the book. Elizabeth

Not Ranked
Posts 1
LBMaynard wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 4:38 PM

I have had the distinct pleasure of meeting & knitting with Ann earlier this year.  Her enthusiasm & obvious joy of sharing her love of knitting socks was contagious.  During the class, we made our "model" sock from the toe up.  That little creation represents my "happy place" where I can relax, expand my knowledge of knitting & create all at the same time.  I have it in my pocketbook & bring it everywhere I go.  My book came in the mail today & I can't wait to do this - it's going to be Shiny :) 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 155
klandreneau wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 5:15 PM

Yeah!  My book should be here by the 9th!  Now, to find that yarn!!!

Katherine

Not Ranked
Posts 2
sewlady003 wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 5:22 PM

I absolutely love all of Ann's books.  Looking forward to this.  Now to get to the LYS and get the new book.

Hugs, DJ in SW MI

Not Ranked
Posts 2
maplecookie wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 5:37 PM

Do these classes teach you how to customise the fir of the sock to the individual foot.  I am interested in socks that have a custom fit based on circumference, foot length and shape.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,335
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Jul 6, 2011 5:44 PM

Hi Everyone! Kathleen here.

To join the knit-along you simply start knitting along with Ann, beginning with the first sock pattern in Sock Knitting Master Class, and ending with the last sock.

The bonus of doing this as a knit-along is that you all get to learn from each others' wisdom. You post as you go along, whether it's to ask questions, share a tip, show a photo, or just to say hi.

Ann is a super fast knitter, so those of you who aren't quite as speedy will really get to learn a lot from Ann because she'll be posting as she knits, too. I don't think there's any schedule, just knit as you can. No pressure—just fun, friendship, and sock support! Smile

I might join in, too. Not for the entire knit-along, but definitely for the Pussywillow Socks! I just love those so much.

Happy sock knitting,

Kathleen

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Jamie wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 6:08 PM

I'm so excited!  I have all of Ann Budd's previous books, and made multiple items from each.

I just received my copy today.  I happen to have some Pagewood Farms yarn (Glacier Bay), but am leaning toward Spud & Chloe fine.

- Jamie

Not Ranked
Posts 2
KarenV@15 wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 7:12 PM

What fun! I can't wait to get started.-just have to choose the yarn from my stash. Thanks for dreaming up this KAL.

Not Ranked
Posts 11
NStiches wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 7:42 PM

Hi,

I have always wanted to knit socks, but have always hesitated - the dpns intimidate me... someone mentioned doing two at once on circular needles... is that possible with all the socks in the book and could a complete newbie succeed in this kal?

Thanks,

Jan

Not Ranked
Posts 11
NStiches wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 7:52 PM

Hi,

I like the idea of doing two socks at once on one circular needle - is it easy to learn?  I have never knit a sock before - do you think I could learn to knit socks using the method you mentioned?  What is the best way to learn the two socks on one circular needle method?  Any advice for a real beginner?

Thanks,

Jan

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 283
sjc wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 7:53 PM

klandreneau:

Yeah!  My book should be here by the 9th!  Now, to find that yarn!!!

Katherine

Hi Katherine!  Nice to see you on this site.  What a good idea, huh?  I just ordered the book as well.  With Priority Mail I hope to have it by the weekend to get started.  I like knitting socks...until I get to gussets!  Maybe I'll learn an easier way. 

Sherry

Not Ranked
Posts 11
NStiches wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 7:54 PM

Hi jpeist,

I like the idea of doing two socks at once on one circular needle - is it easy to learn?  I have never knit a sock before - do you think I could learn to knit socks using the method you mentioned?  What is the best way to learn the two socks on one circular needle method?  Any advice for a real beginner?

Thanks,

Jan

Not Ranked
Posts 11
NStiches wrote
on Jul 6, 2011 7:58 PM

Hi sjc,

I have a quick question... How do you add your picture?  I see some people have them but most don't - I would like to add mine - or at least my avatar.

Thanks,

Jan

Page 3 of 21 (303 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS