The Official Bella Blouse Knit-Along Forum

This post has 1,785 Replies | 101 Followers rated by 18 users
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 45
Anne Guyton wrote
on Sep 11, 2011 5:33 PM

Hi Vickie,

Here is a closeup of my the chain top stitch that I added.  sorry it is so BIG and blurry!  

IMG_1322:

Also, I found this  website link with a description of the stitch I used....I think it is also called a daisy chain?

www.needlework-tips-and-techniques.com/chain-stitch-embroidery.html

Hope this helps!

Anne

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 37
on Sep 11, 2011 5:55 PM

I

I finished my Bella a few weeks back and have been carrying it around looking for a shirt to wear underneath. This is one of them.  I get cold and I know the bare arms are not going to be comfortable for me as the weather cools.  I made the length an inch shorter because I am short wasted and I think it's ok.  

Had fun!

Maggie

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 485
bessT wrote
on Sep 11, 2011 6:27 PM

Perfect Maggie!

Yes, this KAL was fun. I took mine out yet again, worked it from the top down  - this was going pretty good but after a while I got tired of the project. The upshot, I took it out again and I'm making a purse with the same yarn (Weekend) from another pattern by our Bella designer. Yoyo tote at berroco.com for anyone else interested Wink

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 37
on Sep 11, 2011 6:47 PM

bessT:

Perfect Maggie!

Yes, this KAL was fun. I took mine out yet again, worked it from the top down  - this was going pretty good but after a while I got tired of the project. The upshot, I took it out again and I'm making a purse with the same yarn (Weekend) from another pattern by our Bella designer. Yoyo tote at berroco.com for anyone else interested Wink

a tote sounds like a fun project .... I am working on a winter project right now...http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/wisteria/wisteria.html.  Really, really sweet looking, but the pattern ....wow .... I have never been so challenged.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 52
moonquilter wrote
on Sep 11, 2011 7:37 PM

Anne Guyton:

Hi Vickie,

Here is a closeup of my the chain top stitch that I added.  sorry it is so BIG and blurry!  

IMG_1322:

Also, I found this  website link with a description of the stitch I used....I think it is also called a daisy chain?

www.needlework-tips-and-techniques.com/chain-stitch-embroidery.html

Hope this helps!

Anne

Hi Anne,

Thanks for the pic and website address....I already checked it out!!  That is just what I tried to accomplish with the crochet shain, but couldn't figure out how to attach it...Your finish is perfect with it...can't wait to "do" mine.

It helped so much...Vickie

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 52
moonquilter wrote
on Sep 11, 2011 7:42 PM

maggiewakesup:

I

I finished my Bella a few weeks back and have been carrying it around looking for a shirt to wear underneath. This is one of them.  I get cold and I know the bare arms are not going to be comfortable for me as the weather cools.  I made the length an inch shorter because I am short wasted and I think it's ok.  

Had fun!

Maggie

Hi Maggie,

You are the clever one, with the colored leaves....it turned out great, and I do like the idea of wearing a long tee underneath for Fall!!!  My Bella is kind of short for me, but I'm pretty tall.  When I measured it, I thought it would be long enough....yours however, looks like it was "made" that way and is very SASSY!  I hope mine looks that good with a tee.

I think we are ALL having  a lot of fun with this project.

Vickie

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 27
peet wrote
on Sep 11, 2011 7:59 PM

maggiewakesup:

I

Had fun!

Maggie

Maggie,

Your bella looks great!  I have been looking forward to seeing it since you posted a picture of the band with the coloured leaves.  I'm still working away at the neck inserts but all these beautiful photos are keeping me motivated.

Mary

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 485
bessT wrote
on Sep 11, 2011 8:06 PM

maggiewakesup:

a tote sounds like a fun project .... I am working on a winter project right now...http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/wisteria/wisteria.html.  Really, really sweet looking, but the pattern ....wow .... I have never been so challenged.

oh my! it is sweet. The first thing I'd do is make a chart Stick out tongue with a visit to http://chartgen.orangellous.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 37
on Sep 11, 2011 8:12 PM

bessT:

maggiewakesup:

oh my! it is sweet. The first thing I'd do is make a chart Stick out tongue with a visit to http://chartgen.orangellous.com

Thank you, thank you, Bess! ... that is the greatest tool I have seen in a long time ... I have learned so much here. I thank you all.

Maggie

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 45
Anne Guyton wrote
on Sep 12, 2011 3:32 PM

Maggie, I love the contrasting color on the leaves.  You look awesome in the aqua color!  And the long sleeve top under it is perfect!  Anne

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 37
on Sep 12, 2011 4:13 PM

Thanks for the nice compliments. I am somewhat limited in technique. My collar is a bit cowley, an oops I can live with, and my stitches are not all that uniform, but that's ok, too. As a wise knitter once said, if you can't see the mistakes from a galloping horse, than don't sweat it. As I said before, I had fun and enjoyed the exchange of ideas. I learned so much.

Maggie

Anne Guyton:

Maggie, I love the contrasting color on the leaves.  You look awesome in the aqua color!  And the long sleeve top under it is perfect!  Anne

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 19
NNQ wrote
on Sep 12, 2011 4:14 PM

The first thing I'd do is make a chart  with a visit to http://chartgen.orangellous.com

Thanks for the link. I visited the site but don't quite understand how or where one inputs the written instructions. Is there more info other than their 'help' page? I'm sure like most things it will be perfectly clear once I have the 'ah ha' moment.  

Millie aka NNQ  

Not Ranked
Posts 7
NanaCat wrote
on Sep 12, 2011 6:46 PM

all the finished Bella's are beautiful - i'm a little behind ...  i'm knitting in the round and am almost done with it - i have a question - can i put the last of the stitches on stitch holders and use the kitchner stitch to sew them together??  i've only done that stitch once on socks but it is a nice finish??  or should i bind off and use mattress stitch - i did leave a few extra stitches on the arm hole side so my sleeve cap would hang off my shoulder more - if that makes a diff - i will have 15 stitches on both front and back

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 37
on Sep 12, 2011 6:50 PM

NNQ:

The first thing I'd do is make a chart  with a visit to http://chartgen.orangellous.com

Thanks for the link. I visited the site but don't quite understand how or where one inputs the written instructions. Is there more info other than their 'help' page? I'm sure like most things it will be perfectly clear once I have the 'ah ha' moment.  

Millie aka NNQ  

you have to mess around with it for a while,  make it work for you...if you don't understand the repeat option (which I am struggling with, then just copy and paste .. works fine.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 22
Katenh50 wrote
on Sep 13, 2011 3:57 PM

Wondering if there's a chart for the right neck insert and left  neck insert from Erika.  I loved the original one she did.  Thanks.

Page 116 of 120 (1786 items) « First ...  < Previous  114 115 116 117 118  Next >  ... Last » | RSS