The Official Bella Blouse Knit-Along Forum

This post has 1,785 Replies | 101 Followers rated by 18 users
Not Ranked
Posts 4
catnaptyme1 wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 8:25 AM

Suitable or not, I can afford a cone of Lily Sugar n' Cream... so I am going to chance it.  I've knit a couple of light tanks out of it and it has done fine.  Alas, some lovely pima cotton blend is not in the budget for me at the moment.

I know one of the suggested alternates for the edging is Shine worsted, so it looks like both yarns are worsted weight.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Jul 8, 2011 8:27 AM

I am so looking forward to do this blouse...I bought the pattern a year ago and just couldn't get started....can't wait to do the knit along ! Patricia

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
janicemars wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 8:28 AM

LauraM ... I'm a big fan of quality, I'm just not independantly wealthy.  I'm really leaning towards the idea of doing it in man-made fibersthe first time around, just to get a feel for the piece.  Then, if I like the way it works up and looks when I wear it, I may move to handspun.  I really like the detail at the neck, arms and waste.  I think it would make an excellent, feminine work wardrobe accessory for the fall and winter.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
janicemars wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 8:31 AM

Cat ... sounds like a plan to me.  I also have a cone of Peaches 'N Creme.  I'm assuming the only difference then on the edging cotton is that it has a higher luster?

Not Ranked
Posts 1
cowleyh wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 8:34 AM

You're right, it's not in the Summer 2007 edition. Does anyone know which one i';s in?

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Jenn@16 wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 8:41 AM

Hi Kathleen!   This is a lovelty lovely pattern [for which I voted  ]  

I would respectfully suggest that less experienced knitters avoid a thick/thin yarn like the Cascade Pearls.  It's a really pretty yarn but 1) it is harder to see your stitches clearly with a thick/thin yarn, and 2) the detail in the beautiful edging can be obscured by the strong variations in thickness of the yarn.  I bet the Cascade Pima Tencel would be a great choice.  It is smooth, has some nice shine, and beautiful colors for this project's edging.   

Off we go!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Jul 8, 2011 8:44 AM

Hi Kathleen:

I made the Bella Blouse a couple of years ago and love it. I used Berroco Cotton Twist (lustrous, vibrant colours)  in sage green (body) and lime green (trim). A word of warning : the patttern for the sleeve caps is the same one for both sleeves, thus the leaves go in two different directions. I got help from an Australian woman (through Ravelry) who sent me a pattern to reverse the direction of the leaves for the second sleeve cap so that the leaves for both sleeves go in the same direction.

Enjoy the project.

Michele

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Jenn@16 wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 8:45 AM

Ravelry says:

"This pattern was original[ly] advertised as a free web download in the Summer 2007 issue of Interweave Knits but never available directly in that issue."  So it won't be in our back issues.  

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Tressa Park wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 8:49 AM

Just bought the pattern and yarn (I chose the KnitPicks yarn) and am anxious to get started.  I am an experienced knitter, but this is my first KAL.  Looking forward to ideas and suggestions along the way!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Jenn@16 wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 8:50 AM

I bet the Lily will be beautiful!  And the Shine is pretty affordable, bless it :)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
sheyacm wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 8:52 AM

Hi!  I've never joined a knit-a-long, but I'm excited to try this pattern.  I knit many years ago in college and have dabbled a little lately.  So this will be a challenge to keep up.  Sherry

Not Ranked
Posts 2
ChristineS@3 wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 8:58 AM

Kathleen, I also cannot find the bella blouse in the summer 2007 issue. Can you check this out ?

Not Ranked
Posts 5
MichiGail wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 8:59 AM

This is beautiful!  Time to go yarn shopping.  I can't wait to begin.

One crazy request before we start. How do you follow knitting charts? Right to left always on flat pieces? What about when knitting in the round?  It may sound basic, but I am sure a lesson would help a lot of new knitters out there.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Lhunter14 wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:01 AM

I have never done a knit along before ....so here we go! I am downloading the pattern now and off to shop for yarn this weekend

Not Ranked
Posts 1
tomatoz wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:07 AM

I've never done a Knit-Along and I'm a new knitter. I checked out the pattern to see if I thought I could do it. Most stitches seem okay, but one stitch was in green on the chart and the code simply said to check the stitch guide for the instructions. I couldn't find a stitch guide in the download. Am I really so dense that I can't even find the directions? I've never worked with charts, only written directions. This doesn't bode well.

Page 4 of 120 (1786 items) « First ...  < Previous  2 3 4 5 6  Next >  ... Last » | RSS