The Official Bella Blouse Knit-Along Forum

This post has 1,785 Replies | 101 Followers rated by 18 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 84
dcynthiad wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:09 AM

I fall between two sizes--is anyone else adjusting the pattern for size? 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
sue e wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:12 AM

Hey Janice!  You are a spinner too?  yeah!!  I live in Fla and spin predominantly locally raised alpaca.  I am also spinning some Samoyed woool for a friend.  I am just getting back into it, just had back surgery in May.  I have missed my wheel, well I am sure you know how it is.

Do you weave? I am just learning, I have an old Structo, 4 harness table top loom. I was just warping it before surgery. It has a 15 dent reed!  ughhh

Please feel free to contact me fellow spinner.

Sue Ellen

Not Ranked
Posts 1
LoopyBiker wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:13 AM

Just discovered ... It's not in the Summer 2007 magazine. It was a web pattern at the time called Pomegranate Blouse and it was a free download. Now it's called the Bella Blouse and you have to pay $5.50 for the download.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Squilchuck wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:14 AM

Michele--Is there any way for you to share the reverse sleeve pattern so others could flip the second sleeve cap?  That would be amazing!

Thanks,

Lisa

Not Ranked
Posts 3
spiknit wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:21 AM

Oh good, I was beginning to think I was impaired... I couldn't find the pattern in that issue either.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
achyrelle wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:21 AM

ditto.... help?????

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
whirlygirl wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:34 AM

This rocks!  I just bought this pattern yesterday because when I saw it, I fell in love with it.  I have never really knit a sweater before, so I hope I can do this.  I mainly knit and design hats.  I think I can do this.  It is so exciting to join in the fun.

I am going to peruse through my stash of yarn to see what I have.  I had purchased several lots of cotton yarns for hats that may just be great for this sweater.

Good wishes to everyone on this sweater and hoping everyone has a blast with this project. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 60
on Jul 8, 2011 9:43 AM

Disappointed my choice was not this one but I guess I will do both.....Celia did not do the last KAL but read messages....My heart goes out to you with big hugs....Keep in mind he is always with you...Just can't see him...Laugh at things you used to do ...I will pray that the pain of his loss eases..Know that your knitting community is always there to help when you need it...

Will check out Kathleen's choices...My stash won't work...Or is that an excuse ???...LOL

My favorite yarn store where I took classes went out of business.  I helped by buying about 25% of her inventory !!!!...LOL...Yes an addicted knitter...Even bought her cases for yarn display so I could put up in my  study...How bad is that !!!!...I could open my own store !!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 22
Lightwriter wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:46 AM

Hi!  I am interested in doing the knit along, I have knit for years, but mostly scarves and baby stuff. Haven't knit a sweater since I was a teenager and that was another lifetime ago (I recently retired and am getting back into knitting.) I am concerned about reading the chart; that is new to me.  The reverse on the sleeve has me concerned as well.

I am also confused with the yarn...are they stating amounts for two different types of yarn:  Berroco Cotton Twist OR Berroco Touche?  Looks like I would need 6-8 skeins of the main color (50 gram size) and 85 yards of the contrast (2 skeins of 50 gram size)?  I live rurally and will need to order and I am not confident I am reading this correctly.  (Will need to probably go for the 44" measurement). Please clarify.  I am not afraid to ask questions!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
sandraphuff wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:50 AM

This pattern was original advertised as a free web download in the Summer 2007 issue of Interweave Knits but never available directly in that issue.

Not Ranked
Posts 11
bgroulx wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:53 AM

This is my first knit-along.  I look forward to this with great anticipation.  So, I'll be yarn shopping this weekend for starts ~  thanks Kathy!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
KathyAF wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:54 AM

I agree - I LOVE this pattern and was very excited to see it was the one chosen.  I looked in my old issues, couldn't find it and will now have to pay to get it????!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 84
dcynthiad wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:54 AM

Hmmm....that's not how I read the pattern...I read it as requiring both yarns, i.e., Cotton Twist and Touche, and that's how I ordered.  

I ordered Berroco Linsey in Pomegranite and Berroco Glint in Goddess from Web's (www.yarn.com)--they deliver quickly. 

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Denise@90 wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:55 AM

I spotted this blouse over a year ago and am sssoooooo excited it was chosen! This is my first time participating in a knit along! I just purchased the pattern and am going to look at the yarn suggestions next. Enjoy your day!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 22
Lightwriter wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:58 AM

OK, so what amounts did you order?  If I am this confused over yarn, I am rethinking the knit along!

Page 5 of 120 (1786 items) « First ...  < Previous  3 4 5 6 7  Next >  ... Last » | RSS