Sock Knitting Master Class KAL: Almondine Socks

This post has 20 Replies | 8 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 22
goldenfleece wrote
on Aug 26, 2011 12:37 PM

I swatched for these lovely lacy socks and am not happy with the yarn I started with so am continuing to try a few others.  I was going to knit all of these in my own hand dyed yarn, but am going to gift this pair to my mother-in-love and she is alergic to wool so am trying some cotton and some bamboo fibers out.  will post a pic when I have decided which fiber to use and have some progress made.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
LorraineG@7 wrote
on Aug 28, 2011 3:29 PM

I’ve just finished my first almondine sock, and overall I’m very happy with it. The only bit I don’t like is I seem to have little bumps at either side of the Kitchener stitch toe. These are only the second pair of socks I’ve knitted that involved Kitchener stitch, so the bumps may be due to something I’m doing wrong. Help.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
ruthess wrote
on Oct 4, 2011 12:19 AM

Would someone tell me if this KAL is still going, or has it petered out?Or has a new sock started elsewhere? Thank you.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,463
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Oct 4, 2011 11:09 AM

As far as I know, it's still going.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 482
bessT wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 9:16 PM

... I'm sort of still going...  I stalled halfway through sock one of the French Market socks, haven't had the steam to start the Almondine. I've got the yarn though Stick out tongue - Sherry I'll take your advice re the lifeline Wink

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 19
CarolM@14 wrote
on Jan 24, 2012 6:07 PM

I hope someone is still working on this pattern.  I am almost finished with Asystemtical socks.  Got way laid with fingerless glove for children.

I am looking forward to doing the Almondine pattern.  Hope someone is also working on.SmileWink

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS