CYCA-Craft Yarn Council of America

This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 8
ClaudiaC wrote
on Jun 30, 2008 4:37 PM

I'm an avid fan of Interweave Knits...I always look forward to the next issue. I was wondering if you've ever considered including the CYCA Standard Yarn Weight with each of the projects? While I've been knitting for about four years, I still consider myself a novice and learn from every pattern I knit. I find it helpful when the CYCA number is included with a pattern, so I can usually find a substitute yarn if I need to. Especially here where I live...there is no Local Yarn Shop and I can't just pop in and ask a friendly salesperson/knitter. I order off of the web and take my chances. Knit Picks does a nice job of labeling their yarn with the CYCA number. I know it's not an absolute number, but it is very helpful when one is not familiar with a certain brand of yarn featured in the pattern. Thanks and keep up the great work!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Victoria S wrote
on Aug 13, 2008 4:05 PM

I would LOVE it if IK included the CYCA numbers for the yarns used!  Since Interweave Crochet does, I just don't understand why IK doesn't, and it's a real source of frustration with what is otherwise my favorite knitting magazine! [:'(]

Not Ranked
Posts 2
B Daniel wrote
on Dec 29, 2009 8:52 AM

I am trying to CYCA #1 superfine Alpaca with a Twist Fino.  Can anyone help?

bdaniel@zoominternet.net

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS