Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 876 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 7, 2008 3:45 PM
  • Has anyone recently experienced that particularly excellent feeling one gets when a project is finished? 
  • What project have you been doing recently, and how long did it take to complete? 
  • If not, how close are you to finishing?  
  • What project do you anticipate putting the finishing touches to this summer?  Cool
  • Would you like to let us all hear about them!  Surprise

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Gma Linda wrote
on Jul 7, 2008 6:38 PM

hi...

i thought i'd respond to this ... i've been making baby sweaters, at first for my stepdaughter's mother's group when they have a new arrival...  since then, i've had to move out some of my clothes in my closet to make room for the 20-piece 'collection'!!  i am pleasantly surprised at all the very nice compliments i've received this past year... the most recent from my neighbor whose g'daughter has worn hers to a lot of ball games (in Minnesota) and that it has laundered very well!!

i like being able to make a complete sweater in 1-3 days... i made a(n) (eyelet) jumper for a mother's daughter (w/o a pattern) and one for her American Doll...her daughter wore it 3-4 times a week!!!  those are the greatest type of compliments! 

my new (email) knitting friend has requested help from me to help her make Fairisle Christmas stockings for her g'kids after she had visited my blog and 'R' notebook project page... so now we have become great friends and enjoy our time together knitting!  and so it goes... more knitting daily!!

Coffee  G’ma Linda

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
SherryP wrote
on Jul 8, 2008 6:51 AM

I recently completed Angela Hahn's Lutea Shell, from the Spring 1997 issue of Interweave Knits. I did it in lavendar/mauve cotton instead of the yellow. I wore it Sunday and it looks great!

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Goldberry wrote
on Jul 16, 2008 9:07 AM

Just finished Deborah Newton's 'Josephine Top' from the Summer 2007 issue of Interweave Knits.

I used Rowan's Cotton Glace in a pretty shrimp pink colour. It turned out really beautifully...am very happy with it.

I'm now trying to complete a pair of socks I started in February.... a wraparound sweater I started last November....a shawl I began in April....:)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 16, 2008 1:15 PM

Thank you All, 

Really am enjoying reading your answers and know that others will too.

I love SherryP's mention of color change to lavender mauve on her Lutea shell.  Very pretty.   

Goldberry's shrimp pink on her Josephine top.  Sounds luscious.  Sounds like you are really on a roll finishing up those projects.  

G'ma Linda's baby sweaters' ongoing project.  Wow.  So nice to get compliments on your heart's work. 

Well, I hope more of you will write and paint us a picture about your fabulous projects. 

You have no idea how you may inspire someone!

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Oct 2, 2008 5:54 PM

I have been knittng for about 3 years. Just recently I decided to knit my first ever scarf. I fell in love with it. It was a pattern in Spin-off...1 scarf, 10 ways. I wanted to make a really spectacular scarf for a friend in St Louis. Even though the pattern was incredibly easy, it looked amazing. I did it in a varigated dark blue to green yarn that reminded me of the ocean (my friend saw the Pacific Ocean for the first time on her trip out here to California). I loved the scarf so much that I had a hard time stopping. After I blocked it, it was gorgeous. I just gave it to her yesterday and she was thrilled. It only took about 2 weeks of intermittent knitting to complete.

My current project is a Fair Isle vest.
This is my first Fair Isle and it is a challenge! I have been working on it for about a month and am only about 1/3 of the way through.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
Jill34 wrote
on Oct 2, 2008 6:23 PM

I recently finished a fair isle bag in orange and yellow stash yarn. I liked it so much I'm starting another for a friend in light and dark blue.

I've been working on a blanket made of yarn from my Jacob sheep for the past seven months. It's now over 2/3 done!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Oct 2, 2008 8:05 PM

Knitting Nurse:

I did it in a varigated dark blue to green yarn that reminded me of the ocean (my friend saw the Pacific Ocean for the first time on her trip out here to California). .

Hi, thanks for sharing your scarf project that you recently gifted your friend with.  The way you described it makes me want to see a picture of it.  The ocean colors are so calming and against the color of sky, a beautiful sight to enjoy, not to mention the sounds and breezes of fresh air.  Whenever I round the bend and catch sight of all that blue water, it just takes my breath away. So glad your friend loved it too. 

I just put the finishing accent on a scarf I intend to give to a very wonderful friend who has selflessly assisted me during my recovery of an injury.  I embellshed it with a few beautiful beads.  I hope she enjoys wearing it.  I haven't been on the site for a bit and just went on and saw your post - I enjoyed reading it and it is always encouraging to keep knitting when you hear what lovely ways and reasons why people have of expressing themselves in needle work. 

Your vest will be nice for the cooler weather coming up  Umbrella.    

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Oct 2, 2008 9:06 PM

Jill34,

After finishing the scarf wih the special beads I just talked about with Knitting Nurse, I began a baby blanket.  It is a really fun pattern and the yarn is very appealing in shades of pinks, yellows, greens, teals, blues, white, and very, very soft.  I get a kick of watching all these colors slide over my needles.  It's going to take me awhile though. 

I was actually looking for the yarn shown for the Mottley Mitts here and found a store in my area that advertised the yarn on their website.  I called for the yarn and a baby blanket pattern I saw on their site, but I never got a return call.  Called again, and again, and again and yet again and never got the return call they promised me regarding this Sheep Shop II yarn.  (I will not mention shop name but I won't be shopping there now-It's not fair to the yarn maker to not try to sell their yarn if they advertise it as being carried in their shop and is just sitting on the shelf-it looks like a very lovely yarn & I do so want to try it in the future)  Got tired of waiting for decent service (I guess they did not want a new customer) so I went to my favorite yarn shop that I had previously called first but didn't carry this yarn either.  While there, I fell in love with another brand that was comparable.  I still want to purchase the Sheep Shop Two but I will look for another shop to purchase it from if my 'favorite' shop cannot order it for me, as i prefer to spend my $ where I am appreciated as a customer. 

I love the color orange and your orange and yellow combination is tempting my imagination.  

Jill34:

I've been working on a blanket made of yarn from my Jacob sheep for the past seven months. It's now over 2/3 done!

What is Jacob sheep? 

Thanks for writing.  Yes   

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 11, 2010 10:19 PM

ZassZ:

Thank you All, 

Well, I hope more of you will write and paint us a picture about your fabulous projects. 

You have no idea how you may inspire someone!

Hi Yogama and All, 

I was going to ask you if you would tell us all about your ensemble your just put together.  I was hoping this would be a nice place to put up pics or just talk about all your efforts, especially on the baby coat.   And anyone else who want to share. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Aug 12, 2010 6:47 AM

hi zassz,

i see this thread, but i cannot find the pics that anyone posted? i am doing something wrong??? help?

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 12, 2010 2:41 PM

Hi Yogama, 

I think so far everyone has just been describing their projects, but have not actually posted pics here.  I'll see if I can pull up something I did awhile back and put it up here.  I still have to take picture of the blanket I just finished.  Ok, I just clicked on the Insert Media button and pulled up a few pics that were in my computer.  Here is a pic of a piece of fabric that I embroidered and then framed, next is my Plumeria plant that just started blooming and a pair of wristlets.  Who knew this was so easy!  Geeked

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Aug 12, 2010 4:50 PM

hi zassz,

oh awesome and thanks for sharing! how about a pic of that pretty dress you remade and added sleeves? and the lace trim on the jacket while you are at it!

thanks!

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 12, 2010 5:38 PM

Hi Yogama, 

This is fun.  I have to pull out a few things and take pics of them to put up.  By the way, how or what do you do to copy a web address without having to type the whole thing in? 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Aug 12, 2010 6:51 PM

hi zassz,

wish i could brilliantly answer you, but my son helped me. he copied and pasted the link to the thread. hope that helps and you can also do that? haha! we'll be computer geeks before you know it!

good luck!

sharon

and since i finished my baby things, i couldn't just sit with my hands idle. i had yarn i forgot about - rowan purelife in revive marble which kind of looks loke denim. i'm making a rowan pattern called shallot which is a sinlge button cardigan that has a lacy look to it, 3/4 sleeves and a bit of a 50's style swing to it. interesting. had hubby with me when i dashed into a yarn shop to pick up something simple. he usually is no help at all and taps his foot and waits impatiently. this time he actually looked around and said he loved the display and i should make it because it was very me. will wonders never cease? so i did buy the pattern and the yarn and put it in my stash. tomorrow i plan to post pics and then try to get a little mending done before i get caught up in this new project!

Page 1 of 59 (877 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last » | RSS