Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 877 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 30, 2011 5:39 PM

hey sharon,

I just didn't see this before I answered you over on socks about the rown yarn selection in querbaca and cuba.  I am glad you feeling happy with the color now that you are working with it.  Nothing worse than using yarn you don't really love.  I was "oh no" when I read you ran out of yarn with just the drawstring left to do, but breathed a big sigh of relief as I read on you went to lys and picked one more skein.  whew!  Have a great time at the food festival. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 986
AndreaW wrote
on May 5, 2011 1:17 AM

Hi Zass...

ZassZ:
i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE PEONIES.  What a thrill to open up your post and see them.  One day I will share with you why they are so special to me

Glad you liked the peonies. Would love to hear their special story whenever you want to share.

We had 2 huge old plants @ our last house that were a dark red. So pretty. Haven't seen any quite that color since.  Wayne doesn't love ants so that's the only thing he has against the peonies. I have to check carefully before I bring any cut ones into the house.

Time to put  my cranky old computer to bed even if I'm not ready yet. Going to work on my RR afghan...about 10 more rnds to go I think.

Take Care..... Andrea

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on May 7, 2011 3:14 AM

Hi everyone,

I have been very busy lately working on a very large Dragon, I do hope it turns out ok, it is going to take me at least another week to finish knitting it and then another couple of days to sew it up.  I get bored easily when doing a large item so I have a break now and again and knit something small like these little dolls they only stand between 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 inches tall. They are from a Jean greenhough pattern and are great for using up tiny bits of yarn that would otherwise be thrown away.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on May 11, 2011 7:04 PM

Hi WendyJ@4,

Thank you for your reply about the thread "Hi everyone". Well, there's no need to post in several threads the same text but it would be nice if you left a note in the thread, as you kindly did for me, telling in which one you are going to keep on posting so your followers can take a look on your finished proyects. Your toys are gorgeous. And I am looking forward to seeing your next proyect soon.

I've just finished a cardigan for me in colour mauve and as I have about 200 yds. left of yarn, now I am knitting a lace scarf to match with it, which is on the go. In the meanwhile, I am taking a break crocheting a wee afghan for my youngest son.

I am already wishing to knit Jean's Emily doll or the Pierrot. I need to hurry finishing all the proyects I've started with earlier.

Have a nice day.

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on May 12, 2011 11:38 AM

Hi Merlich

Glad you like my dolls - I should have my Dragon finished by tomorrow or the day after, I will post a piccy when I do.  I wish I had the patience to knit clothes I have only ever hand knitted one Jumper and a couple of scarves, I have a couple of knitting machines so I could really do clothes quickly  but just don't get round to using them, They sit up in my loft gathering dust.  I  just love doing my Toys.  I hope you put a pic of your cardy and scarf on here when you are done - Mauve - lovely colour.  I  Must tell you once you start knitting those Jean Greenhough and Alan Dart dolls you will get well and truly hooked.

Take care

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on May 12, 2011 8:42 PM

Hi WendyJ@4,

You knit very fast! I'll be waiting for your Dragon any day you are done! Don't feel pushed for time if you delay a little more.

I don't like to knit scarves because they are boring to me. I just knit them on request or as in this case that I had left over some yards. Instead I could have knitted a pair of wristlers. The problem is that this yarn is a little fragile and it looks worn out if I pull it out. I wish I would have had this idea before. Next time.

I think everybody has their own preferences. I have a friend that joins with some other friends and me to knit but she always gets mad because "she can't knit as we all do", (she does knit good) then she starts yelling and saying that she rathers cross stitch than knitting or crocheting. Then I suggest her to take her cross stitch work instead of her knitting. (Long story!). What I am trying to tell you is, if you love knitting dolls, knit them. Don't worry about knitting stuff you don't like to knit. Very long time ago I was trying to buy a knitting machine. It was always put aside and then forgoten.

And, yes! I think the same as you do. When I start knitting Greenhough's dolls perhaps I won't stop. I hope there's no much trouble with sewing. I don't like hand sewing at all. Some times I finish knitting a garment but I complete it long time later because of the sewing matter and the weaving ends. I hate weaving ends.

Well, I'll try to hurry finishing the scarf to post them both.

Thank you very much.

Enjoy your knitting!!!

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on May 14, 2011 6:34 AM

Hi all,

Just finished my dragon, I think If,  or should I say when I make another one, I may make a few changes to the pattern, but I think for a first attempt it came out reasonably ok.  It took me longer to sew it together than to knit all the pieces.  That beautiful dog in the background is my baby 'Sasha' That look on her face is her thinking " is that for me Mum". I often make her soft toys, she loves them. Of course everytime I try something new if it does not come out as I expect Sasha ends up with it, she has quite a collection. Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on May 14, 2011 12:09 PM

Hi WendyJ@4,

Wow!!!!!!

Your Dragon is amazing!!!

My husband and my older son are astonished. They say it looks like a real live dragon. My husband also says that the look on Sasha's eyes is like if she was expecting the dragon to move.

When my youngest son was six, he asked me to crochet him a pair of slippers with the Pikachu's pokémon head at the front. As soon as he gave the first step our dog grabbed them and didn´t let him walk. Finally, they had to be kept in the closet because it was an odyssey every time he tried to wear them.

Now, I am feeling intimidated because my cardigan and my scarf on the go don't look as gorgeous as your toys do. Moreover I didn't design the cardigan. I just took the pattern, my gauge matched with the one in the instructions and, just knitted until I finished.

Congratulations!!!!

Take care.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Diedre young wrote
on May 14, 2011 5:38 PM

I am currently working my way through Nancy Bush's book about Estonian Lace.  I purchased the book a year ago and decided to make every pattern.  I am not necessarily making the same article but using the pattern all the same.  I have been knitting for many years and I still have learned a few techniques from this book that I had not used before.  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on May 15, 2011 2:34 AM

Hi Merlich,

Thank you for compliments on my Dragon, but I did not make this pattern up, it is from an Alan Dart pattern, although as I said before the next one I make I will change a few things.  I would make the head wider and the back wings longer. I would also make the tail slightly thinner and longer. The original pattern colours were in blue - but I thought a green dragon looked more real, might make a red one next time.

I can just picture your dog wanting those slippers, animals love soft toys.  I am looking forward to seeing a pic of your Cardy and Scarf, I wish I had the patience for clothes.

I have not decided  what I will make next, but I did start to make a nativity set for my friend last year and never finished it, so I may do that first to ensure she gets it before this christmas.  I have made quite a few of them over the last couple of years - they are  adapted from a Jean Greenhough pattern and come out very good.

Take care

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on May 15, 2011 6:01 PM

Hi Wendy, 

Your dragon is done so well!  I can appreciate from your front, back and side views he is well proportioned!  Thanks for sharing your pics here and have you decided on your next doll?

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on May 16, 2011 6:22 PM

Hi WendiJ,

My dog really drove crazy with my son's slippers. He could not bear them. As soon as my son tried to give a step wearing them, my dog immediately ran to bite the poor Pikachú's heads. My son's screams and my dog growling and snarlig, beleave me, it was not lovely at all.

I searched on google about dragons and I read there are different kinds of them. Maybe you could get an extra item for your next one, besides you've told you might choose red. It was clear for me from the start you were following a pattern. What I tried to tell you is although mine is not as pretty as yours, it is pretty to me. That is why I encouraged to knit it. I hope you like it. The scarf is already in my needles. It will take me a little longer to finish it but I'll picture it as soon as I am done.

I saw the pic of the Nativity set. I was about to buy it but I had to choose just one booklet and I chose "Traditional Favourites" where Emily and Pierrot are printed. I would like to knit them in a smaller size. I'll make the adjustments. I'll let you know when that happens.

Take care.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on May 17, 2011 1:35 AM

Hi Zass,

Glad you like my Dragon.  I have to complete a project I started  last year ( Nativity Scene) before I can make anymore new dolls.   Will post pic when and if I ever get it finished.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on May 17, 2011 1:43 AM

Hi Merlich,

Ooh your Cardy looks great and very warm, I like the style and the colour of it very much. Is that you in the picture? . Re your dog maybe you should make him a soft toy of his own, it might help. I know the pattern book you have chosen for your toys, I hope you will show us the pictures when you have made them. I very often change the size of patterns to make them bigger or smaller myself, especially for the very large dolls. Looking forward to seeing your scarf too.

Take care

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on May 17, 2011 6:22 PM

Hi WendyJ,

Thank you. It is warm and very soft. The colour is lighter but as we took the pictures at night, with a cell phone and, the flash was activating after the shot was taken, everything looks darker than it really is. I hope when I picture the scarf I'll take it with a camera and with day natural lighting. You'll appreciate the real colour.

Yes, I am the one in the pictures. It was supposed to be the pics of the cardi alone but when we saw them, we decided that it would be a better idea to wear it on as you could not see what it was. It just looked like a piece of fabric without shape.

It's a good idea to give my dog a soft toy. I'll let you know what happens then.

I expect resizing the dolls will be as if I were resizing a garment. Well, my husband is remembering me I have to finish the other garments first. He says he did not want me to buy the Greenhowe's booklet because he already knew I was going to abandon the previous works. I am not. It is just he does not understand a knitter is knitting a thing and thinking on what she/he will knit next and next and next. My friends do the same and that annoys him.

Thank you again, Wendy.

Take care.

Page 10 of 59 (878 items) « First ...  < Previous  8 9 10 11 12  Next >  ... Last » | RSS