Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 880 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 111
WendyJ@4 wrote
on May 19, 2011 3:05 AM

Hi Merlich,

Hey I usually have at least two projects on the go at once sometimes more, I get bored doing the same thing all the time so I like to chop and change.

Some guys just don't understand this, sometimes I just can't wait to start something new I have seen - I don't think guys are much different I mean how many DIY projects do they have on the go at once? - how many started jobs waiting in the queue?.  

Personally I don't think it matters how many projects you have on the go or how long it takes to finish them, what matters is that you are enjoying them.

Take care

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Nadia Blahut wrote
on May 19, 2011 12:07 PM

My fourth grandchild was born at the end of January and for months before, I was still tackling a complicated and intricate

baby blanket pattern. I finally finished it in February and (HURRAH) it turned out really well. Now that felt good!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on May 19, 2011 8:47 PM

Hi WendyJ,

I enjoy all the projects that are on the go on my needles. Besides, it bothers me a bit the fact that when my husband asks me to knit something for a member of his family I do not complaint and just knit it wishing that it becomes a wonderful knit to be cared and loved just the way as I knitted it. Or, when he asks me to crochet him something he needs. Whatever!

I am happy knitting and crocheting and all the things I craft.

I love to be your friend and I love to be part of this community.

I enjoy reading all the stories of this thread and their members.

Take care.

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on May 19, 2011 8:52 PM

Hi Nadia,

It feels really good when we are done with something we've been knitting or crocheting for long time and has been hard to make.

Congratulations for your new grandchild and your/his baby blanket!

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 111
WendyJ@4 wrote
on May 27, 2011 10:08 AM

Hi all,

I am always looking for little side projects to do while I am knitting something large and I found a free pattern for this little dog on the net - he only stands just over five inches in height.  He is really easy to knit and only uses small amounts of wool - but he is very fiddly to sew up - there is also a pattern for a corgi. They are from a pattern book called 'best in show' I am tempted to buy the book, but I know if I do that I will never get finished what I have started until I have made them all - they are so cute.

Oh well back to my nativity scene.  Its strange this little dog came out fine but I have tried so many times to make donkeys and they never come out right.

Happy knitting

Take care

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on May 30, 2011 9:31 PM

Hi,

I am putting up the pics of the fun knit bag I was working on.  It's lined and zippered and roomy enough so needles will fit in along with yarn and pattern for project.  I used that yarn I had wanted to try out from Universal Yarn Co. and this one was Classic Worsted Tapestry a Fair Isle type repeat.  I made the handles long enough so I can use it as over the shoulder bag and keep the bulk of my knitting in the bag (keeping it clean) and at the same time, can knit standing in line or sitting.  I attached a knit flower to the front of the bag. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on May 30, 2011 9:34 PM

Hi Nadia, 

Happy for you, the joy of sticking with your project to completion and seeing your grandchild all wrapped up in it.  Big Smile

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on May 30, 2011 9:41 PM

Hi WendyJ,

It is a lovely dog. Congratulations!

My Emily doll and my Pierrot will have to wait a little more as well as all my knitting because my older son has just asked me to knit for him a character from a video game he wants to take to his work to giveaway as a Prime Prize.

I think I'll finish it in 50 years!!!

Take care.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on May 30, 2011 9:49 PM

Hi ZassZ,

Welcome back! Your bag is beautiful and very smart!

Do you mind if you could add a zoom of the flower? I think it would be better to appreciate.

Beautiful!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 111
WendyJ@4 wrote
on May 31, 2011 1:00 AM

Hi Zass,

Love the bag it looks really snazzy,  colours work well too.  Good idea of yours to keep your knitting in it for travelling about - never thought of that before.  Was it difficult to make ? not sure if I would have the patience for such a project.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 111
WendyJ@4 wrote
on May 31, 2011 1:03 AM

Hi Merlich,

Which Video Character is it that you are going to make??  have you found a pattern or are you going to just wing it?  How tall is it?  Don't forget to post a piccy when you finish it.

I am sure it will not take you too long to do

Take care

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on May 31, 2011 6:26 AM

Hi Wendy,

I was supposed not to tell about the toy. Oops! Sorry, I hate to be mysterious. It is supposed to be a Top Secret. Well, my son expects not to be into a trouble because of my indiscretion. I have to knit the doll naked then its clothes and a bounch of accesories. I do not know how tall it will be as I haven't chosen yet the drawing from where I am going to take the model. There is no pattern. I really hope not to be too much time making it.

Take care.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on May 31, 2011 12:50 PM

Hi Merlich, 

Thanks for your feedback.  I appreciate it.  I tried to get a better pic of flower.  This is the best zoom I could get.  I'm sure someone else could do better.  The flower is not showing the small red beads I sewed in, but the big one in the center of the flower shows.  I just recycled a bead from one of my earrings. 

I also did a few bracelets, which I will put pics of up here too.  The white and brown bead bracelet is just strung and wrapped with a bit of gold cord.  The 2nd one one is "knit" with gold crochet thread and beaded.  I also did a second one like it but wider in width and it is for a friend of mine.  I want to surprise her so I didn't put that pic in.     

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on May 31, 2011 1:15 PM

Hi Wendy,

And thank you.  I appreciate the colors in that yarn too.  It works really good even if you are sitting down somewhere, you can just keep the straps over your neck and knit right out of the bag.  It was very simple to make and really fun.  I will try to take one more pic of the lining.  I hope I can get a decent pic.  Be right back.

I am glad we started talking about doing flowers.  I was encouraged to put one on.  You are the one with the patience, doing the intricate little animals, etc.  I love the little doggie.  He is very Jack Russell-ish looking and so cute!  If you want to make the bag I will be happy to help you. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on May 31, 2011 8:11 PM

Hi ZassZ,

Thank you for your pics. Now we all can see the flower. It is pretty, very feminine. Your earring had a very good use.  And your bracelets are very pretty and elegant. You are very crafty.

I like them all. Enjoy them and Happy Knitting with your New Knitting Bag!!!!

Bye, bye.

Page 11 of 59 (881 items) « First ...  < Previous  9 10 11 12 13  Next >  ... Last » | RSS