Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 880 Replies | 19 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 15, 2011 7:27 PM

Hi ZassZ,

Your hat and your scarf are very cute! They look like a lot of imagination to create them and a lot of effort to make them. Excellent! I also like the colours of the yarn. In my monitor looks like blue/purple. I like those colours too.

I am happy you are back again to knitting. Let us know what your next project will be.

Thank you for what you say about my baby pullovers. Now, I am kniting a scarf for my mom. Her birthday is tomorrow. It is an Online yarn, "Lorena", alpaca, mohair and acrylic, in terracota/rosewood. As long as you are knitting they form stripes. As soon as I am done, I'll keep on knitting my husband's red pullover until it is done. Everyday he tells me 'You've already forgotten my pullover. It is crying because you have it in a corner waiting until who knows when. Try to knit a row or two.' So, I will. It is just left half of the front and the sleeves.

Looking forward to reading from you soon!

Take care.

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 111
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Nov 16, 2011 1:45 AM

Hi Zass,

Oh yeah, much clearer, they look great. Big Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 17, 2011 4:21 PM

Hi Merlich,

Funny how monitors change colors - the yarn is a light aqua blue, teal blue, a medium grey and a medium brown.  I have one more skein of this yarn left so I am using it up to make one more hat pattern that I wanted to try out.  After that I am going to use a pattern Yogama gave me and make the pattern stitch from it for a shawl to give my sis.  I have a yarn in my stash that she loves in blues and lavenders, shades of purple with a silver thread running through.  So I want to surprise her with it. 

I know you'll make progress in your own time to get hub's red pullover finished and won't he surprised when you give it to him?  ha ha.  Can't wail to see pic of it too.  Today is nice weather and I do feel great!   Again I am happy to be back to my knitting projects.  One of the many reasons I love knitting is that "knitting just lets me be myself".   

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 17, 2011 6:48 PM

Hi ZassZ,

Yes, it is funny about colours in monitors. I moved the screen, the shade, the contrast and they still look the same. Fortunately, we can write down what the colours really are. Anyway, your garments look pretty!

The colours you tell me of the yarn you will use for the shawl sound gorgeous. I am sure your sister will have a beautiful surprise.

I can feel your happiness through your writting. That is excellent!!!!

I'll be waiting for a pic of anything you make. I am not done with my mom's scarf yet. I'll post a pic when I finish it so you can see it. There is a problem with the yarn. The hair of the mohair is all around me. Do you know if I brush the scarf when it is done the hair will stop falling that much? The yarn is a blend of alpaca, mohair and acrylic.

I'll rush with the pullover to post a pic of it.

I also love knitting. I never feel lonely. It is a good company and inspires me. I am always thinking on my next project. Well, I think that happens to all of us!

Take care. Hugs!

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 19, 2011 6:08 PM

Hi Merlich, 

I just did one more hat with same yarn.  This one is for adult and I will get picture for you possibly tomorrow when light is good in the morning.  Looking forward to see your mom's scarf. 

If your yarn is shedding excessively, this may help.  http://knitting.about.com/od/troubleshooting/f/Stop-Yarn-Shedding.htm

I read about placing "angora" yarn in the freezer to help stop shedding, but that is not for mohair.  I think the suggestions about placing a cloth on your lap will help somewhat while you are knitting, but think you are also interested in finding the solution to limit shedding when your mother is wearing the mohair scarf.  We do want her to enjoy it.  Maybe someone knows.  I do knit with mohair but so far I haven't had any that shed excessively, so far not a problem.    

Isn't that funny, while knitting, always thinking what can I be knitting next?    

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 19, 2011 11:30 PM

Hi ZassZ,

Thank you for the link. I've already read it. Tomorrow morning I'll follow the instructions. I really wish it works. My mother hates little hair over her clothes. This yarn sheds a lot althogh you can remove it easily. I am sure she is going to throw it away. My husband wants me to go and buy something else and keep the scarf for me. I am almost done. There are missing some rows. Oops, I am reading the care instructions from the label and it suggests dry cleaning. Well, well, well... I had never knitted this kind of blend (alpaca, mohair, acrylic), just mohair 100% and no problem. Alpaca 100% is my favourite and no problem either. Anyway, I'll picture it for you and let´s see what happens.

It is good you could do more hats from the same yarn. I am looking forward to seeing it. Try to light your garments from the front. The light from the back does not let enjoy the view (makes shadows).

I am practicing some techniques for my oldest son next scarf. I made the hat a year ago and he wants the scarf and a pair of wrist warmers with the same stitches. I think it is the one I like the most. I am trying to figure out how to knit flat the brim I made. But it will be made after the red pullover. Ha ha!

Best wishes!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 21, 2011 1:52 AM

Hi ZassZ and Everybody,

This is the scarf I knitted for my mom as a birthday present, a late birthday present.

I hope you like it.

Best wishes!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 21, 2011 2:14 PM

Hi Merlich, 

Very beautiful.  Is it done in a cable stitch?  Nice complimentary colors and I am sure it will be flattering on the wearer, your mom.  Thank you for sharing picture.  I always enjoy the projects everyone shares here.   

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 21, 2011 2:24 PM

Hi All, 

Well I tried to get the light but I am not a photographer for sure.  This hat's back goes down to cover the back of neck.  There is a side view which hopefully shows what I mean. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 21, 2011 2:43 PM

Hi ZassZ,

Thank you! Yes, it is an interrupted cable. You p3, k6, .... Make the 6 cable in the third row to the right and continue until the 10th row. Then, you start in a different sequence k6, p3, ... Make the 6 cable in the 3rd. row to the left and continue until the 10th row again. Repeat that two sequences until reached the lenght you want. To cast on, you can choose any you like and knit or purl (it depends on your cast on) every row, 4 rows. The following rows you start and finish with 4k every row and to finish, you knit or purl (the same way you did at the very beginning) 4 rows and bind off. Voila! This way they form ruffles at the bottom. I used the cable cast on and made the scarf in two parts to have the ruffles effect on both sides and joined with grafting.

I hope you enjoy it.

Take care. Hugs!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 21, 2011 2:50 PM

Hi Merlich, 

You amaze me.  You must have an incredible memory to have all these stitches in your memory.  That's is a wonderful ability.  I love the ruffled edges too.  What are you doing today, if I may ask?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 21, 2011 2:54 PM

Hi ZassZ,

You are very smart. Your hat is beatiful. It will be very comfortable for the cold days. My oldest son likes it too. Everybody here think you are smart.

I am neither a photographer but I noticed the difference between your earlier pics in this thread and deduced that was the solution.

I also like to see other people work. Besides, I can get more ideas.

Thank you for sharing.

Take care. More hugs!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 21, 2011 2:58 PM

Hi ZassZ,

I am making my song. The red pullover!!!

Yes, I have a big memory. Many magazines with a bunch of stitch patterns. LOL!!!!!

I hope I can control myself and just knit this garment at once.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 22, 2011 9:24 PM

Hi All,

As the day after tomorrow will be Thanksgiving Day and the following day, Black Friday, I want to send you my best wishes. Tomorrow you may be busy in the kitchen preparing everything to be ready, that is why I want to anticipate and congratulate you all who celebrate this day and/or the Black Friday.

Enjoy your family, your delicious meal, the dessert, etc. Have fun!!!!

Best Regards!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 25, 2011 8:14 PM

Hi Merlich, 

How is your red pullover coming along?  Save those magazines with the stitch patterns.  We knitters treat them like buried treasure. 

Page 25 of 59 (881 items) « First ...  < Previous  23 24 25 26 27  Next >  ... Last » | RSS