Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 878 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 6, 2012 12:55 AM

Hi ZassZ,

Sorry I've been out from Knitting Daily. My husband and my two sons have been at home this last three weeks and because of that my head has been upside down. I hope everything comes to normal next week as our winter festivities end up tomorrow with the Epiphany Celebration. It is not a celebration as big as Christmas Eve but it is very important almost for everybody here in my country. It is called "Día de Reyes" or "Three Kings Day" instead of Epiphany. It is a happy celebration unlike Christmas Eve that makes some people become sad or have strange behavior. We celebrate it with a cup of hot chocolate topped with plenty of foam, well, as much foam as you can make with this kitchen item made of wood we call "molinillo". You shake it with both hands fast against the hot chocolate milk to make the foam. My mom went to Oaxaca last December and brought a special hand-crafted chocolate mixed with chopped almonds or hazelnuts, can't remember. It smells really delicious. I hope it tastes delicious too. I'll have to grate it as it became a big ball of hard brilliant chocolate. And together with the cup of hot chocolate, we have a piece of a big biscuit stuffed and decorated with dried fruit that we call "Rosca de Reyes" or "Three Kings Biscuit". In some places they don't stuff it with dried fruit but milk cream. Anyway, we enjoy this day.

ZassZ, I want to wish you a Prosperous New Year full of blessings for you and all the people you love!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen the picture of your blanket. It is beautiful. I like the colours. They match nicely and it also looks warm. It is a good idea to use your stash for your own good. I think it is less complicated than the give-and-take you were planning the other day. I haven't made any row of the red pullover. Instead, I've been knitting a sweater for my dog. He didn't like to wear sweaters but simple scarfs or cowls. I knitted for him a sweater two years ago and whenever we tried put it on him, he bit us very hard and made us bled. Now, it has been making too much cold and he doesn't want to wear only the scarfs or the cowls, he wants us to put him the sweater on but nobody wants to be bitten, so his new sweater is a special one. You don't have to touch his paws. When I am done I'll post a pic to show you. When I bought the yarn it looked like dark grey but at home it looks like black. I hope the stitch pattern can be distinguishable. Meanwhile, I'll show you how he looks with the two years ago sweater.

Have a nice weekend!

I send you lots of hugs!!!

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 17, 2012 8:35 PM

Hi Merlich, 

Sorry I've been out too.  But was glad to read your post.  I read it awhile back but wasn't able to respond til now.  Been quite busy.  Trying to get back on my schedule. 

Thank you for explaining all about your recipe connected to your custom.  I appreciate understanding.  So nice for you to enjoy your day and to be with your husband & children and your puppy.  His little blue sweater looks nice on him.  I guess he didn't like getting his paws touched.  Maybe from nail clipping, he thinks you are going to hurt?  You are making another though?  Would love to see it when done.   

Here is a pic of the baby blanket. 

Thank you for the hugs and sending you some back to you as well.  Happy new world! 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Jan 21, 2012 6:22 AM

Hi Zass, Merlich & Everbody.

Glad you liked my mice, it appears you have all been busy also, I do love this site - I really enjoy seeing the pictures of the projects everyone creates - especially like it when your pets are included - sooo cute. Zass - I love the colours of this baby blanket.

Anyway now Christmas and New year are out of the way, I have finished my medieval set, and have now got 20 Donkeys to do for the Donkey Sanctuary - After that I can get on with my many waiting projects.  There are so many things I have to do, I just can't decide what to do first.

Here are the pics of the medieval set - they took up so much room along the shelf I had to take 3 pics to get them all in.

Pattern is by Alan Dart

Take care

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 24, 2012 5:03 PM

Hi WendyJ, & All! 

I thank you for putting up your pics.  I counted 15 little dolls.  It just amazes me how each has their own expression in keeping with the costume.  So thanks for the comment on baby blanket colors.  When I first searched for those color yarns I wasn't too sure how would look, but so far all think it is good combination.  The mom asked specifically for those 3 colors.  Who knew?  Not too bad.  Well I guess it's on to your 20 donkeys now - wow you'll be busy.  I am going to divert for a bit.  A friend wants some little beaded things I do, so I have the fabric all cut out, now I'll be pressing, sewing & beading for a couple of days.  I enjoy this too, but I do have another blanket to do after this for someone.  Have to pick up the yarn for it. 

We had much rain for 2 days, although it wasn't real cold.  Now that has passed and it's warm & sunshiney day today.  Birds are happy chirping away.  Hoping you the best in the days ahead.  Thanks again.  

Isn't Merlich's little pup the cutest in his blue sweater?

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 25, 2012 1:15 AM

Hi ZassZ, WendyJ & All,

ZassZ. Congratulations! I love your baby blanket! I like that colour combination. They are part of my favourite colours, the ones I use to wear. I also like the stitch pattern. I think the baby will look very beautiful when they wrap him with it. I think people will do a lot of compliments about your blanket.

I am very sorry I haven't posted the pics of my dog's new sweater. We've taken some since two weeks ago but they are not good enough. As I thought, dark colours are hard to be seen with detail in pics. You can't see what the stitch pattern is. It is really difficult for me to have this time a pic of my dog. It is making hot so, when he realizes I want to put him the sweater and the scarf, he runs and threatens me if I keep on trying, he will bite any of us. If he remains in this position I'll post a pic without him although it won't look the same. I've been waiting for him to let me do what I want.

Thanks for the compliments that you did to my dog!!!

I am trying to finish my hub's pullover. It has turned a drama.

What a wonderful thing you like to sew. I know how to handsewing but it drives me crazy! I have a sewing machine but I don't manage to make it do what I want yet. I am looking forward to seeing your new work soon!

Best wishes!!!!

WendyJ. Your new set is wonderful!!!! You make your dolls have that particular look. It is not easy to manage that. You are working very fast. Have you tried to make your dolls seamless? Maybe you could save some time and make in less time more dolls. It is just a thought. Your next project is larger. Wow, will you make bananas too?

Waiting for hearing from you soon!!

Take care.

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 25, 2012 4:37 PM

Hi Merlich! 

I have good news today!  The baby boy was born early this morning.  The mother is doing fine and father too!  He called to let us know baby is in good health and they are so excited.  Well she brought this blanket to the hospital to wrap him up in when coming home so she really likes it and I am very pleased.  Thanks for your feedback on the colors.  Mostly thank you for writing and keep me up to date with your daily life.  Your little pup is so smart.  Maybe if you offer him tiny pieces of his fav snack (maybe a little piece of cheese) while at same time putting his paw through one part of sweater.  Stop there.  Next time repeat same with food reward.  He will learn it is a pleasant experience for him.  Hopefully if you try every time with food reward he will progress a little at a time to let you put sweater on.  Requires patience, don't force him and he'll learn trying on a new sweater means food!  ha ha.  hope it works for you. 

So what is the drama with hubby's sweater?  You make me laugh so hard when I am trying to imagine what it could be? 

Your little pup is soooo cute - I forgot to ask you how old he is? 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 25, 2012 7:56 PM

Hi WendyJ,

Sorry if you are confused about my asking if you were going to knit bananas too. I do not know why I pictured in my mind monkeys if I was reading donkeys. I think I should not reply that late at night. My brain plays jokes on me. I realized it when I was showing my oldest son your new set.

Happy Knitting!!!!

Bye, bye.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 25, 2012 9:05 PM

Hi ZassZ,

I am so happy for you! And for the new family too! New babies are so cute! I wish they take a pic and send it to you so you can have a complete memory about this blanket and see how it looks with the baby.

My dog is thirteen. Thank you for your advice about the way to convince him to wear the sweater just for the photos and later for anytime he might need it. We'll follow it. I am so anxious to show you how he looks with this sweater and scarf. Patience, patience...

About the drama. It is because I think my hub became jealous. I was knitting his sweater. Suddenly, my dog wanted to wear his. In the radio they were warning about the coming unexpected low temperature season. I immediately bought the yarn and together chose the stitch pattern and made both garments as fast as I could. As soon as I was done I kept on with the pullover. Now, he is complaining it is hot again and he could not wear his red sweater because there was always someone more important than him and he is clear the yarn will be off before I finish. That's the deal. Now, I can't touch any other work. 'That's it! I told you! You start and finish other things but mine!'. Everybody here tells me he looks so funny. Ha ha!!

Well, I hope you haven't fallen asleep. I wish to see your next project soon!

Take care.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 26, 2012 6:17 PM

Hi Merlich, 

I understand about the drama.  Well it makes sense, his feelings got hurt.  Wink  So soon he will have his sweater and he will feel better.  Then you will busy again with another project for who ever is going to be the happy recipient.  And that can't be all bad, right?  . 

So you had this little guy from a puppy? How very cute he is and I can just imagine what he is thinking to himself when he see you coming to him with that sweater. "Uh oh, better find a hiding place, here she comes with that sweater again!?"

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 26, 2012 9:27 PM

Hi ZassZ,

You are right!! I can see in his eyes he is happy when I am knitting his sweater. He comes to see my progress and pretends not to care about it. I know he wants me to finish it right away. Soon, soon. All this situation sounds like a joke! Ha ha!!

About my dog. Thank you again for your compliments. Yes, we bought it since he was one and a half month. As soon as I saw him, I couldn't leave the pet shop until I got him. I had my three little male cheerleaders who were a very important help to make my husband accept. When he sees I want to put him the sweater on, his ears go down, his face turns sad and begins to shiver. That is the very moment I know he is going to bite me. I told my husband your suggestion and he told me it is an excellent one. Tomorrow we'll make a try. Cross your fingers.

Take care.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Jan 30, 2012 6:27 AM

His Zass & Merlich,

Thank you both for your kind comments on my dolls I do try to give them all different expression where possible, as for making them seamless - hmm - nah - that would require working in rounds, something I am not to good at.

Yes Zass,  I agree Merlichs pup is soooo sweet, by the way gratz on newest addition to the family. Re. Baby blanket colours - I love green and think the mixture you have used works great.

Must go, still have 15 donkeys to make.

bye for now

take care

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 30, 2012 6:23 PM

Hi Merlich, 

Yes it is funny but good!  I also had to laugh when I read about the bananas for the monkeys!  It sounds like a comedy show here, ha ha!  Have a good evening. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 30, 2012 6:29 PM

Hi WendyJ,

Thank you.  I didn't realize those colors would be so good either, but then some friends saw it and commented the same, they like the combination of the green.  I went to dept. store & in the shoe department, saw the cutest little pomerian puppy with her owner.  She got so much attention from us and was loving every second of it.  I know the feeling, when you see a puppy and you form the attachment you just have to take your new little addition home with you.  I think they know what they are doing, they "pick us" with those cute little irresistable faces.  Well happy knitting your next set. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 30, 2012 8:13 PM

Hi ZassZ & WendyJ,

Today, I managed to take a pic I liked. Here is my dog with his new sweater and scarf, although this one is hard to notice.

I wish I could have posted some more pics but lately my model hasn't been in a good mood. Ha ha!!!

Thank you for your previous compliments about my dog. I hope you like this new sweater. It is supposed not to touch his paws. It has a button to attach it at each side of his ribs.

Send you lots of hugs!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 31, 2012 12:13 AM

Hi Merlich, 

Ohhhhh how cute ! ! ! ! !  He looks adorable.  What a little character sitting there like that for his picture.  I really really love it.  I can see the pattern and it is very nice and what a nice wide opening by the leg.  Just so smart!  He is probably thinking "I knew I could teach you what I want"  ha ha.  This is too much.  Thanks for posting this pic of your nicely done sweater.  Whenever I need a little lift, I'll look at him again.     

Page 27 of 59 (879 items) « First ...  < Previous  25 26 27 28 29  Next >  ... Last » | RSS