Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 880 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 111
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Feb 29, 2012 2:56 PM

Hi Everyone,

Finally got the time to post  a pic of my little donkeys, which are all on their way now to the Donkey Sanctuary.   I can now start a couple of new projects - although haven't made my mind up which to do first.

Happy knitting

take care

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Feb 29, 2012 7:31 PM

Hi WendyJ,

They are lovely!!!! I think at the Sanctuary they will be very happy when they see them all. C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! !

Thank you for posting the pic!!

About your next project, choose the one that makes your heart pump harder.

Best wishes!!!

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 29, 2012 8:25 PM

Hi WendyJ, 

Oh these are lovely little donkeys.  Would you mind telling us what sanctuary they are going to reside in for awhile & in what city, state or country?  I guess you must hate to part with them they are so nice.  You really give them personality. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
lhalfcent wrote
on Feb 29, 2012 10:30 PM

that is amazing!!! wow!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 111
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Mar 5, 2012 10:49 AM

Hi Zass, Merlich & lHalfcent, et al

Glad you like my little Donkey's  The Donkey Sanctuary is in England -   The address is   

The Donkey Sanctuary

Sidmouth

Devon

England

EX10 0NU

If anyone is thinking of making some donkeys  - the pattern is available by emailing   ruth.burrough@thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk, They have 2 sizes available the mini ones that I did (stand about 5inches to top of ears) and larger pattern. They also send out the CE labels to sew on them.

They have a website   http://www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk/ in case you would just like to  have a look at the things they get up to.

I have a lot of projects to start now but I am quite busy at the moment as I am hoping to move house this year and have started the dreaded sorting and packing.  I did finish a smurf though.

Take care 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Mar 5, 2012 10:18 PM

Hi WendyJ,

Don't worry if you have to put aside a little your knitting projects. I know moving is a tremendous thing. A lot of hard work to do. But with the reward you are changing everything and preparing for a new start. When I pack, I number each box at the top and every side (with the same number) and, in a notebook, I write the number of the box and it's content, no matter how small or useless it looks. That way, in case I need something, I don't have to open all the boxes again, just look up in the notebook and, ta da!!! There it is!!!

When you are done, keep the notebook in a safe place so you can have it on hand whenever you need it.

Send you my best wishes!!!

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 111
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Mar 8, 2012 11:51 AM

Hi Merlich,

I too tend to number boxes and write down the contents, I like to know that everything I packed actually arrives at the other end.

I made this Smurf in between my donkeys. It was a free pattern from  Bearchele.com

back to packing now!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 8, 2012 6:16 PM

Hi all, 

Wendy thanks for the info on the donkey sanctuary.  I intend to check it out more thoroughly this time.  At the moment I am finishing up a sweater that I had save pattern on.  It' done using short row shaping and am enjoying it - a simple easy knitted jacket, a little collar, cap sleeved and done in one piece with no seaming - hurray! 

Hope your moving day goes seamlessly!  Wink

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 12, 2012 4:48 PM

Hi Sharon, Merlich, Wendy, Andrea, Zoe, LindaB,

Well I just finished a little jacket and a pocket that I embelished with enbroidery stitches and beads to sew onto a skirt.  Just a little ongoing project that I add something to every now and then.  Sorry I don't have the pics yet.  This is a little teaser.  I found this article about gardens that I thought I would share with you Sharon and of course anyone else who may enjoy reading.  I know Sharon likes to share the flowers we love back and forth and so does Andrea (in past posts).  Gardens of America 1800's - 1935, 1100 hand colored glass plate slides of FBJ will be available online for the first time on Friday in the Library of Congress Prints and Photographs  Online Catalog - loc.gov/pictures.  So here is a link http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/12/garden/frances-benjamin-johnstons-photos-at-the-library-of-congress.html?ref=garden  The article mentions there is also a free lecture being given at noon on Friday in Washington.  Click on the link in the article for more info.  This is the time of year when we love to get get into our gardens and plan what we want to see growing Wilted Flower.  And best of all, to be taking our knitting outside to our gardens and relaxing in a comfortable chair with colorful blooms in sight, happy birds chirping. 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
rocygolly wrote
on Apr 18, 2012 5:59 PM

Congratulations Wendy I really like, nice work keep it up!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 25, 2012 6:27 PM

Hi All, 

Hope everyone is doing well.  Well at last, the pic I promised which has been a while in coming. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 29, 2012 7:10 PM

Hi all,

Guess what time it is! 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on May 9, 2012 3:00 PM

S P R I N G T I M E -- TIME TO PUT A LITTLE SPRING IN MY STEP, OR WHATEVER IT IS WE'RE DOING, STEP IT UP A LITTLEYes!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on May 23, 2012 9:56 PM

AndreaW:
Hi Zass...

I've been lurking again for far too long...enjoying your posts along w/ everyone else's too. Still not enough "energy" to do much.

a "bread disaster". So this is definately NOT a "Fabulous Project completed lately"!!!! 

Hi Andrea, 

Just keep wondering how you are doing, so I found your post about "lurking"  It made me chuckle and wonder if you are?  ha I hope so.  So how are you & Wayne doing - it has been awhile.  I never forget your Fabulous Bread Project - famous by now. 

Merlich,

Also to you I wonder if you did that hat you were inquiring about here that Andrea gave you the link to.  She did it in purple and it had the button?  I have been working on a nice project.  I'll give you a peek soon. 

Well, hope you are all fine!  But if not, then you know we understand that too. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jun 22, 2012 9:23 PM

Hi Yogama & All,

Here is the pic I promised you.  Well almost finished with this project. I had taken this pic a little while back so I am much further along now, but still not quite finished.   

Page 29 of 59 (881 items) « First ...  < Previous  27 28 29 30 31  Next >  ... Last » | RSS