Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 877 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 31, 2010 3:59 PM

Hi Yogama,

It's ok!  I took out my camera again to try to get a better picture of the orange shawl and then as I started pulling out other projects I decided to catalog them as well.  It's hard to see but this yarn is really orange like the first picture and has a tiniest little bit of yellow threads in it.  I finally got tired and decided to make lunch.  I was hungry and couldn't do anymore pictures for today.  I made a salad with Quinoa and fresh tomatoes (not homegrown) but I wish.  Also put in a little tuna and lettuce.  TTYL.   

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Sep 1, 2010 6:33 AM

hi zassz,

what a pretty shawl and thanks for sharing! love the color in the one pic, but the other does show the stitch better. i am taking pics of all my projects also. i plan to attach a pic to each pattern, along with a yarn wrapper and snip of the yarn. all in the effort to be more organized. so now i have to print out the pics. on my  christmas list is one of those little printers that you attach right to your camera. so much easier for me to use.

heading off to the us open soon and hoping to survive the heat! love your choice of lunch! sounds so yummy!

happy knitting,

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Sep 1, 2010 10:47 AM

Hi Yogama, 

Your always welcome.  I remembered your comment on it in the Reader's Gallery and it was hard to get the stitch definition to show up with the real color at the same time so I thought I would just do it in 2 pictures.  Orange Air Wrap was done on Size 17 Susan Bates needles.  Light As Air Wrap (Beige one) was done on Size 50 Susan Bates [both already in Reader's Gallery as you saw].  Goes real fast.  I'm not a photographer that's for sure.  I really hope you and your family enjoy your time together today!  Here's the needles. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Sep 1, 2010 11:14 AM

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Sep 2, 2010 6:46 AM

hi zassz,

wow those are big needles! i'm sure it went really fast with those! i have never used that big. i think 13 or 15 was the largest i used. now back to doing something nice for others. remember that idea? this is the weekend we are heading to nh with friends. i am teaching the other wife how to knit. should be interesting. her job was to get some yarn she liked from her lys. she failed. they were all closed near her on mon and she worked the rest of the week. never fear, i have stash - as we all do! i am bringing some off white worsted weight and 10 needles for her to practice. i am also bringing wool and supplies to do the felted bangles. if we can get some done, that will be a fun, feel good that she accomplished something project. and maybe get her juices running so she wants to do more? i'll let you know how it goes.......

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Sep 2, 2010 4:49 PM

Hi Yogama,

Can't wait to hear, but I guess I will have to.  By the way, on the news was a brief picture of a tennis player who colapsed on the court yesterday, (didn't catch her name) but they said she had suffered a concussion earlier in practice and then with the heat she colapsed.  Was that the match you attended?  I hope she will take the time to recover properly.  Concussion is no trivial matter. 

How was the tournament?  Did you have fun?  TTYS

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Sep 4, 2010 4:34 PM

jayceeme & yogama, 

Just saying 'thank you' to you both for your complement on my gloves.  It was fun doing them and beginning from the time when I was a very young, received complements on my hands and I never took it seriously but was always encouraged by many persons to do hand modeling.  So always a little shy, thank you for that too.  

It's a little hard to see but the fuschia color yarn around the thumb is mixed with a little variegated green, yellow.  The fuschia stripe on the hand part has another stripe in the light green above it as well.   I just tried to work in the colors.   

So do tell!  What are you working on or thinking of working on next?Wink

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Sep 5, 2010 7:08 PM

ZassZ:
  • What project do you anticipate putting the finishing touches to this summer?  Cool

Well I found this today.  Tucked away and had totally forgotten about it.   There were a few ends that needed tying off and then I decided it needed a little crochet edge around the last panel of blue.  I wasn't sure the little bit of matching yarn I had left would be enough to go across once.  Whew I made it with less than 12" of yarn to spare. I m still not satisfied with it.  I feel like it needs a bit of eding after the blue section.  Either a cast on and knit in same direction or a small ruffled edge or something.  So I went to sleep last night thinking about it.  I decided to put a picture up after I tried it on.  I think I will call it My Found Wrap when it's done.  Do you think I should do a cast on and add some length to the back?  Just a little bit more?  Appreciate any feed back , girls. This yarn was not the type to show any stitch definition, so that is why I did it in stockinette.  The yarn has alot of texture.  It originally purchased it for something else which I didn't like so I just decided to use it up.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Sep 7, 2010 8:16 AM

hi zassz,

i think your project is really pretty. love the color. and isn't it nice to fins something almost done, that you forgot about?  not sure i would make any changes to it. you have less than 12" of yarn left, so if you wanted to add and edging to the back, maybe you could add the same ribbon that you tied the front with? good luck with whatever you choose!

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Sep 8, 2010 8:02 PM

Hi Yogama,

Thanks for your idea.  I started trying the ribbon different ways and guess what?  I turned it upside down and saw that it could be worn either way.  With the blue at the collar and I put a long hair stick pin through it to hold the front together.  Actually it turns out to be reversible so when I put it back the first way I'll use the ribbons to tie it at the front.  Thank you for your input.  I was searching through my stash and found some trim yarn more decorative than anything else but it was more of a lacey yarn and would probably not work real well.   So I have a wrap I didn't expect to have.  I added the last picture above for you to see it being worn "upside down"  so to speak.  I guess it's "My Found Reversible Wrap".  When I wear it that way I notice that it covers my back just right. 

I hate to have stuff that is not finished so I don 't know how this one got past me, but I am glad I found him -- can't hide from me very long  Huh?  

So are you getting rested and back to normal? 

I am swatching with different yarns I already have, to see what I'll use for my "Eyelet Cowl" &  Seven Rib Shell Hat.  I want to pick up some new yarn for the Lutz & Patmos Vest because I want to get the one in the pattern or as close to it as possible.   I've been at it for awhile. 

I will catch up on reading the recent posts & answer you again whereever you posted, along with the others.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Sep 9, 2010 6:42 AM

good morning zass,

hope your swatching went well! i am alost done with my grey cardi - the one with the pattern that was annoying me. i did get into the swing of it and it was fine. no more sore fingers! i'm sewing it together and weaving in ends today. plan to wear it tomorrow. mother in law is a widow now and has been house bound for so long taking care of ailing hubby. we try to get her out to lunch or dinner once a week or so. something simple, nothing elaborate. she loves to get out and go. sometimes we bring dinner to her house to cook and somtimes we bring her here. anyway, i have a deadline for finishing as i plan to wear it tomorrow! i need goals! and now i have to decide what to do next? i have the yarn for the mittnes, and the steel blend for the scarf, and the purple for the cali - wait. that's not the name. if i look it up i will lose this - but you know the one. in the latest interweave? so, decision decisions!

how are your orchids holding up? still blooming and gorgeous?

have a happy day!

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Sep 9, 2010 6:24 PM

Hi Yogama,

Late afternoon here now.  Glad your fingers aren't hurting anymore.  You make such good progress with your projects and that is so good.  Nice to do something nice for mom on a regular basis.  It means alot.  They sacrifice alot for us when we were kids.  Good to remember that.  I wonder if you'll do the "chiral" .  Is the grey cardi you just finished the one with the ruffle on the front?  I remember you talking about it but I thought the yarn was going to be a shade of purple. 

I can't believe there are 40 blooms and they are doing very well.  So far they are quite happy & the blooms are still lasting.  A few popped open after about a week so all together 40.  We are enjoying them so much - they just look so "happy".  

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Sep 9, 2010 6:37 PM

hi zass,

just taking a break from sewing. hate that part. i truly do. i love the searching and finding and buying and starting and knitting, do not like the putting together. but.... the good news is i am almost done. woohoo! just a little more and then sewing on the button. so my plan of wearing tomorrow will be a reality. the cardi is a lacy type and is in a pretty textured grey. the chiral is going to be in purple and is in the future plans of what to do next!

so happy you are still enjoying the orchid. sounds like it is happy there if it is continuing to bloom. i know that can be particular. have a nice, relaxing evening and chat tomorrow!

happy knitting,

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Sep 11, 2010 10:27 PM

Hi Yogama,

How are you and family doing?  Hope your son arrived safely.  Are you getting used to a 'quieter' house? 

I thought I would mention that wonders will never cease!  My sis and my niece came today to take us all out to lunch.  We had so much fun and my niece loves to look at my latest finished projects.  So when we were sitting around chatting I brought out some of the projects I had done awhile ago along with the wrap for her to try on.  She wants to learn to knit Big Smile  I am so happy about it.  We made a date for week after next for her first lesson.  She is creative and I think she really will enjoy once she learns. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Sep 12, 2010 7:24 AM

good moring zass,

i am so excited for you to have the chance to teach your neice how to knit. that is so much fun! and wonderful for your relationship with her. how old is she? and what will you choose for her first project? always seems that plain old scarves are the best. simple and something they can tackle and learn and actually wear!

you will laugh when you remember this. you told me awhile ago that you had knitted a lace strip and attached it to the bottom of a jacket? well that idea stayed with me and every once in awhile i think of where i can use that. found it today! i have a denim jacket that has a tiny bit of pink lace trim around the collar and chest pockets and sleeves. always seemed it needed a little extra. so...this shall be my project! a nice little band of pink lace around the bottom edge. thanks so much for that inspiration!

i have settled into a quieter house and it is good. we did get used to being empty nesters when my boys were both on their own and daughter had moved to new orleans for a year. then she moved home and one son started to work for us so it became a 3 ring circus here again. not that i mind it, i do love having them around. but i do beleive we have earned our peace and quiet! haha!

and are you sitting down.....it is actually drizzling here right now. shocking as that may seem as we all believe it will never rain in nj again! we're heading into nyc today - about an hour trip. the pat tillman documentary is playing only in nyc. john krakauer wrote a book about him. he's the pro footbal player that joined the military and was killed by friendly fire and then there was a cover up. hubby is really into the story so i'm happy to have an adventure!

enjoy your day,

sharon

Page 3 of 59 (878 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS