Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 878 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 12, 2012 2:54 PM

Sharon Heyyyy! 

I was just getting ready to sign in so I could send you this http://www.yarn.com/webs-knitting-patterns-free-tahki-yarns/webs-free-knitting-patterns-tahki-bellevue-tunic/  when I saw you wrote.  So check this link out.  I was looking at the pattern again for the cotton yarn - you know I am agreeing that same thing you said about working with the cotton. 

When I was working with the Berocco cotton I was wishing I didn't have to use my aluminum size 7's because still too slippery on cotton, although not as bad as the regular metal one I have.  I really wanted to use the wood circulars in bamboo.  So I did switch. 

I found a pattern for a lace shawl which I am just loving.  Very easy to keep track of stitches but not boring.  If you want the pattern let me know, I'll tell you where to find.  he he  How many more can we accumulate Whisper  never get tired of them do we? 

Good news on your shawl progress.  Seems like your almost there.  Now that's the one you are doing in a cream or a tan color (if I remember correctly)? 

It's been really nice here.  Although the temps from the water varied 49 degrees to the inland temps.  What a difference!  Hard to believe, but it's true, My husband commented there were so many people on the sand you couldn 't see the sand.  I won't say which beach that was, because I don't think any more people need to go to that one! 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jul 12, 2012 4:11 PM

oh zass!

i LOVE that tunic pattern. really interesting and of course i printed it. that might be my next project also! so is this the one you are doing in pink? i'll have to think what color to do, but pink would be nice! and so happy you found a shawl pattern you like. some are really difficult and you have to watch the instructions on the right and wrong side. i love doing them, but have to be in the mood. more of a winter thing for me i think, when i snuggle in and concentrate. in the summer i like doing easier projects. the shawl i am working on is done in the round, so there is only one side to worry about, plus evert other row is knit! i'd love to know where to find you pattern, if you don't mind sharing again.

i know what you mean about the beaches. here they were jammed from the 4th through the weekend. high temps and humidity and all. then something happened. it now looks like the end of aug, begin of sept. noone around, rough surf. it just has that "look". but its been really nice. today i went for a couple of hours later in the afternoon. nice breeze off the ocea and too cold under the umbrella, but i hate sitting in the blasing sun! listen to me complain. haha! our ocean is about 70 now. still a little chilly for me, but so clean and frothy. enjoy your day and sweet dreams! xox

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 12, 2012 5:18 PM

Hi Sharon,

I sent you the pattern over in our email.  So for the baby dress is in a lavender.  The pink was for the SMC cable sweater top.  But I may have to get a different color.  I'll know tomorrow after I visit my lys again.  Hey what's your shawl pattern you are working on - the one in circular?  I would like to see the pattern pic.  Do you have the link?  If so, send it to our email if you can. 

Going to get ready for dinner now - hubby is picking me up.  Automobile  Have a relaxing eve. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 17, 2012 12:17 AM

Hi Sharon,

I saw your pattern for the circular shawl.  Wow, it is a knock out!  Will be stunning when you finish, in either color.  So I think you are doing it in white, but want to change that one to a more beigey color?  Either way, the pattern is so pretty will it matter if it's white, beige gray, black, etc? 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 17, 2012 12:25 AM

yogama:
oh zass! i'd love to know where to find you pattern, if you don't mind sharing again.

hI again Sharon,

I sent you the link to the shawl pattern that I am doing in the pebble color while I am waiting for my other yarn to come in.  I love the pebble color too, but I really love the feel of the yarn.  Can't seem to put it down and will probably try to get some more in different color for a second shawl.  The pattern is really fun, not nerve wracking.  Just enjoyable to pick up and put down and not wonder where was I?  Tongue Tied haha Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 23, 2012 4:23 PM

Hi Sharon,

Just got back in.  Thanks for the pattern link to the circular shawl.  It is really lovely.  So how is yours coming along now?  I got back to my lys and ordered the Tahki, picked up some pretty merino and got a pattern for a really nice smaller shawl, which I'll be using the merino for.  Also a pair of circular needles with some really nice pointy tips in a pretty wood.  I was good and worked up a nice swatch up with the Berroco cotton in pebble color.  Glad I did that cause I decided to go down a needle size and it's working out fine.  I also decided that when I mark up my pattern copy in different pastel marker colors, it keeps me on my stitches more accurately.   

So what have you been up to all last week?  It was a good week and it went by really fast.  Time flies when your having fun!   

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jul 24, 2012 8:59 AM

good morning zass,

oh you had fun at the lys! always good to have a little something in inventory! i have admired those pretty needles, but so far didn't buy any. and how about those square tipped ones? have you tried those yet? supposed to be good for your hands as they age. and since we plan to knit into our 90's....well, we have to do what we have to do! haha! must keep our minds active and our fingers nimble. and good for you doing a swatch. i really dont like to, but i force myself to. often my guage in different and i have to go down a needle size also. so i did finish my shawl and i have to block it. its gorgeous, but i dont think i will wear it! i'm thinking i may just put it away for that grandbaby - someday! i did have fun knitting it. and you know me, the fun for me is in the knitting, not the wearing! now i am trying to decide my next project. i'm thinking that tunic from tahki. that caught my eye. only prob is my lys doesn't carry tahki. so, i can either order it online or wait till next thur. we are heading to nh for a  long weekend and i can stop at the nice lys in conn on the way. i think i will do that, since i like to actually see the yarn. the colors online aren't always accurate. plus i would rather support the lys. but, that means i have to find another project to hold me over. i plan on having a slow afternoon here, and i plan on looking through my stash. i usually buy yarn to go with a specific pattern, and then keep both in a ziplock plastic bag so i can remember what i was planning! its been hot here. another day in the 90's. we did have an amazing weekend though. the weather broke and it was actually quite chilly sat and sun am. nice little break. i'm wishing for mid 80's and no humidity. enjoy your day!

happy knitting!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 24, 2012 10:36 AM

Good mornin, good mornin, good mornin Sharon

Haven’t tried those square ones but have considered doing so.

I want to see that gorgeous shawl! So might it be that you had it in the back of your mind to put away for baby. Maybe that’s why you did it in white? What a beautiful “welcome” baby gift. I hope we will get to see it - please?

The weather temps really did climb in some areas. Near the water was nice, water still only about in the 60’s - too cold for you. Relaxing with my knitting, the breeze was tickling over my toes. Noticing the sound the wind was making in the different kinds of palms. Not all make same sounds as the very tall ones. Just appreciating it so utterly beautiful.

Have an idea for you while your waiting on your new yarn. For your Tahki tunic, since your in your stash today, could knit up a swatch with same gauge. Then you get right to it when your yarn arrives. So any idea what color you would like? I am sure what ever you pick will be great. Oh, I almost forgot, Lion Brand is giving away a free ball of cotton bamboo with a $30 order. Saw that in the newlsetter they sent today. 

When I was at lys last week the owner was truly happy I decided to order from him. He thought I may have gone ahead and ordered online but I looked him straight in the eye & told him although I did look, I still wanted to give him the sale. Even with the discounts online was offering, his prices still beat theirs. He really knows what he is doing I think to keep his customers happy.  He keeps us happy we keep him happy.   

We have a wedding this week end. Trying to decide what to wear out of 3 choices. I just want to be comfortable.

Glad you had such a nice week end and am just imagining the fun you are having in your yarn stash today. Hope your trip is good to nh. I can’t wait to hear what you get.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jul 25, 2012 7:54 AM

good morning zass,

what a good idea to knit a swatch while i am waiting to purchase. i will take you up on that suggestion. color? not sure. she has so many choices in her lys that i'm going to go and look and touch and decide. something soft and soothing. do you remember i bought that veryt hin lace weight yarn with the stainless steel in it? this had to be a couple of years ago. it was for a mobius shawl/scarf in the fall 2010 knitscene. i did try it once a long time ago, and got messed up with the pattern. that frustrated me so i pulled it out and decided to wait till another time. well i resdiscovered it yesterday and decided to give it a go. it is so fine, hard to work with. so i started it, and it calls for a provisional chain cast on. which is easy once you know what it is. thank goodness for the glossary! anyway, i worked the first row and the stitches didnt come out. i recounted and know i did it correctly. so then i started reading the pattern directions and their numbers are wrong! i hate that! i finally figured it out, and started again. but by then i was tired and made a mistake. hate that also! i put it down and decided to wait till today when my brain is fresh. hey, this better really help stave off alzheimers! haha!

so did you decide what to wear to your wedding? i agree with comfort. i'm sure you will look great in anythng you choose!

do me a favor, when you respond - please also send to our other link? i can't seem to get into it! not good! xox

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 25, 2012 5:33 PM

Hi sharon,

Hey glad you liked the idea too.  Can't wait to hear what color you bring home.  Yes, yes I remember the pattern also.  You had given me a link to the yarn I think from LionBrand?  Maybe not correct, but I do remember seeing it online after we talked about it and you were going to do the mobius with it.  So hopefully today it's worked out.  My pet peeve for sure, when the person writing the pattern does not make sure it is correct!  Then they publish it and get paid for selling, etc. and we sit here making the corrections - oh boy that does sooooo turn me off.  

Still deciding on wearing what to wedding.  I have 3 but I'll wait til the absolute day of to see what weather is going to be.  Did the hair color today, so glad that is out of the way.  I'll go over to link and see what's going on. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 30, 2012 2:41 PM

Hi Sharon,

I was looking for skirt patterns.  I found this http://www.knittingdaily.com/media/p/28940.aspx.  Really fell in love with this one. 

Am trying my lys guy to see if he can get me the /Algarve - yeah more 100% cotton and it's done on circulars, my favs.  Called interweave for info on Summer 2009 issue for this pattern instead of just buying the one pattern for 5.99, the one issue is 9.99 but only in downoad.  They offer all 4 issues for the year on cd which I prefer.  I don't want to download an issue.  This way I can just run on computer without having to download and get all 4 for $19.99.  What do you think - a good deal? 

I like the color it's shown in but also considering a pretty powder blue maybe.  You know I have to run this by you to see what you think.  haha  Let me know. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jul 31, 2012 8:20 AM

good morning zass and i do love that skirt! its really cute and looks quite flattering. so, what color??? that's always the decision. i do love that mustard gold. in fact that is d's fav color! let me know when you decide. i like your idea of getting the whole year on cd. what a great idea. and does make sense. why buy one pattern for $5.99 when you can have a year of patterns for $19.99? now i have to check to see if i have summer 2009 in my stack! funny isn't it? we read these magazines and choose what we like, then years later someone mentions something and we remember a pattern. keeps it all interesting and fun! enjoy! xox

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 1, 2012 5:45 PM

Hi ALL, 

milly b made this pretty top & gave me the ok to post it over here so you could all see when you come to visit. 

millyb:

Not sure if this will work or not... but here is a piture of the Little Lace Top I made for my granddaughter Neve...... its been like pulling hens teeth getting my daughter to send up a photo...lol

she has promised me a picture of Neve in it also....... so I sit and wait...lol

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 1, 2012 6:00 PM

Hi Sharon, 

I did get over the lys and he is ordering shade cards for the Austermann Algarve.  While I was him in the store, got him to pull up the pattern pic on his computer so he can give me an opinion of which would be best.  I almost bought some more gorgeous cotton Tahki in a pretty shade of rust (for fall), but I really wanted a chance to see the AA shades first because I like the color this is shown in - pretty upbeat color.  I think I wouldn't mind also doing it in a powder blue or some light shade of blue/neutral.  Hey lets do a kal - haha!  Why don't you make one for your daughter? 

Also do you remember the Big Montana Tunic we talked about way long time ago?  That's in the same year subs, so I did want to do that one but never did.  Did you find out if you have the summer 2009 in your stack?  I hope so! 

I did order the cd and they also give a gift with it - another dvd download.  She explained though that there will be a link to the dvd and you can run it as many times as you like without having to download to computer files, so that is perfect, along as you have Adobe is no problem.  Also with the year cd of all 4 mags I can print out a pattern and take with anytime, instead of having to haul a magazine around and risk losing it or foregetting it somewhere.  I think of everything, don't I?  ha ha so crazy.  Geeked

I also picked up some more pretty lavender cotton for the baby dress.  I may do it again, or do the baby top in it.  The one in the pic above.  It would make a nice gift as well? 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Aug 2, 2012 8:37 AM

hi zass,

i am so excited for you! all these wonderful colors to choose from! that is always my hardest thing to do. and i can get myself quite frutstrated! i went to check on summer 2009, got distracted and on to something else and never did it. i think i must have it, since we did discuss that big montana tunic. i just wrote myself a note to go look. haha. what am i coming to? we're heading to nh before noon today, so i'll have to wait. meanwhile, milly b's top is adorable. i would like one in my size! if you chat with her again, would you ask what the pattern is? its so nice to see the finished product. i fall in love with patterns, and then am not always thrilled with it when i'm done. but for me, the fun is in the knitting!

i think we should have our own kal! what a great idea. let's start tossing out suggestions? like maybe your pleated skirt? fun! fun! must dash now. list of things to do before h starts bugging me to get in the car! have a fun weekend! xox

Page 31 of 59 (879 items) « First ...  < Previous  29 30 31 32 33  Next >  ... Last » | RSS