Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 877 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Grand-Kage wrote
on Oct 14, 2012 9:56 PM

Hello Mary thanks for the help though no one has replyed to me about the honeycomb broiche in episode 409 creative scarf .Oh well guess it's not out there.But i wanted to post this pic of my second jumper i finished a few months ago for my grandma.Hope u all like it.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Oct 14, 2012 11:59 PM

Dear Grand Kage,

You're welcome.  Glad to be of some help. 

Mary

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Oct 15, 2012 12:04 AM

Dear Merlich,

The hoodie is well on it's way.  The back is off the needles and the front is cast on and started.  I sat there this afternoon listening to the rain and watching Lord of the Rings; The Fellowship of the Ring while I finished the back and got started on the front.  It was a semi-productive evening.

Mary

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Oct 15, 2012 8:30 PM

Dear Mary,

Hello! It's good to know you are enjoying your knitting and watching a good movie. Things work better that way, when we are relaxed. Keep on!!

Enjoy your knitting!!!!

Merlich.

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Oct 16, 2012 1:30 AM

Hi Merlich,

Speaking of good movies, I watched the second Lord of the Rings movie, The Two Towers this evening and I have the Flame stitch border for the front nearly completed.  Only a couple rows to go and 4 rows garter stitch and the front will go quick.  From there on it's stockinette stitch to the neck and shoulders.  Shouldn't take to long.

Mary

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Grand-Kage wrote
on Oct 16, 2012 7:56 PM

Hello i know i tryed to post a pic last time and it didn't work so here's my second attempt.hope u guys like it,as it was my second completed jumper.i made it for my grandma to thank her for all her jumpers she has made and sent me from England.She is the best knitter i have ever seen.She has been knitting for over 50 plus years.Well i hope u all enjoy this pic of mine.By the way this pattern is all my own creation to the amount of stitches to cast on to the arm length,to the collar.I was so proud of completing it.I did it a while back,and it took me a lot longer as i got a little lazy,and i wanted to make sure this was perfect.As i said i did this with no pattern only a rough guide,that i changed completely,to fit her,and i've never even asked her size i just did the measurement from pics of her.The yarn i used was caron 1 pound,1 and a half pounds and i also made her a pair a socks.Thanks again and let me know what u guys think of it.PS:I used light blue color,because it was her favorite color.I hope to make her a scarf 2.'Grand_Kage':)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Oct 18, 2012 7:56 PM

Hi Mary,

I see you are a JRR Tolkien's work follower. They are very good movies. I liked all the actors who appeared along the three movies. They are a good company for knitting. I think by now you should be done with the front. I know it must be very pretty.

Take care,

Merlich.

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Oct 19, 2012 7:02 PM

Merlich,

I love sci-fi and fantasy of all types.  Right now I am reading the 5th book in the George RR Martin's  Saga of Fire and Ice; A Dance with Dragons.  The front of the sweater is nearly done, I hope to get it off the needles tonight.  I've had to slow down on the knitting for the last couple of days and take more breaks than I like to.  I have recurring tendonitis in both wrists and arthritic thumbs.  The weather has gotten colder and it has been raining pretty steadily for the last week, so I am feeling it.  Great for the fire fighters, not so great for those of us with creaky joints.  I'll get it done.

Mary

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Oct 19, 2012 7:46 PM

Hi Mary,

I am sorry you are in pain about your tendonitis. You are doing right; resting is the only way to diminish the pain. Try to wear something that covers your wrists to keep them warm. Eat lettuce and avocado, I can't remember exactly how, but it has something that helps to slow down the arthritis. I'll search for the info and let you know later. I also like fiction and fantasy. The most I like are tales for children. I've been recording some of my favourites, just for my grandchildren and be ready when the time comes. That will already take long time to happen, hahahaha. Take care of yourself. I wish you get well soon. Send you my love.

Merlich.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Oct 21, 2012 5:38 PM

Hi Mary,

How are you? I hope you are better than last week. Here are the links I found about the arthritis and the avocado I've mentioned you about:

1) http://www.livestrong.com/article/366880-nutrition-for-joint-arthritis-avocado-soybean-oil

2) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1194401/Why-apples-avocados-glass-red-wine-ease-arthritis.html

3) http://voices.yahoo.com/avocado-soybean-cayenne-pepper-turmeric-natural-remedies-442617.html

There are already more articles but I think these ones can be of your interest.

Wishing you get well soon,

Merlich.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Oct 22, 2012 1:20 AM

Hi Merlich,

Things are going better.  I took the time off and made sugar free peach jam yesterday.  As for the sweater, the front is off the needles and the first of two sleeves is well started.  Thanks for the info on the arthritis help, however, I can't stand avocados and red wine gives me headaches.  I have a brace for my left wrist and thumb (which are the worst)  that I wear while I sleep and it helps.  I also have a set of support gloves that I wear when I knit or crochet.  As long as I keep my hands warm I'm okay.  That's one of the main reasons I use wooden needles instead of metal or acrylic.  The wood holds the warmth from your hand a lot better.  Also, they develop a beautiful shine and darken from the oils in your hands.  If you look at my Clover Bamboo needles, you can tell which sizes I use most frequently.  They are the ones that are slightly darker and have a curve in them.  Other than that, the sweater is progressing quite nicely.  I hope to have it done in a few days. 

Mary

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Oct 23, 2012 6:14 PM

Hi Mary,

I am glad things are going better for you. I wish I could taste your peach jam. I love peaches and can't eat too much sugar; it gives me headaches. It is good your sweater is almost done. Can you eat lettuce? I also can't eat lots of things. What a good thing you have all that supports to diminish your health problems! I also love Clover bamboo circular needles. I haven't noticed what you say about the colour they turn to because of the usage; I'll take a look. I wish you get totally well soon.

Merlich.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Oct 23, 2012 10:24 PM

Hi Merlich,

I just saw your post.  Are you referring to this wrap?  It isn't crocheted though, I knit it in a nice Berocco cotton.  The pic next to it in the green lavender, purple, white is the skirt you were asking about.  Then there is another skirt I am going to do but I was waiting on the yarn order to come in.  So in the meantime, I did a triangular shawl in black.  Hard on the eyes even though I put a white cloth on my lap and try to work on it in daylight mostly.  I am on the last stretch of it.  If I get the yarn for the other skirt I'll do that if not I'll do the baby shirt that a couple of knitters did awhile back.  They posted pics here too.  I think a few pages back you should find it.  Really cute pattern.  I'll go back to get the exact name of it. 

It's the Little Lace Top and there is a pic of it posted by Sue196 at top of page 32.  It looks like a light lavender on my monitor and it is really pretty.  MillyB did one too.  Both are beautiful for little girls. 

Now your latest endeavors are really nice too!  I love the top you did and colors are great in that yarn.  So glad you have been able to be busy with your projects.  You like that Tahki pattern too?  Well we have the same good taste along with Sharon (Yogama) she wanted to do that one too- haha.  Glad to hear your little pup is better.  Hope he is entirely well real soon.  It's always good to hear from you.  I am going to catch up on reading the posts here.  I see we have a new poster.  I think wants some help with a pattern.  I am going to read and see if I know of any help. 

ZassZ:

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Oct 23, 2012 11:11 PM

Hi, G_K,

Althought I don't have access to episode 409 I did find something re your request.  Don't know if the following would help. 

http://briochestitch.com/brioche/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38&Itemid=33 

http://www.examiner.com/article/chunky-brioche-stitch-cowl-pattern 

This link has another link to the chart for the scarf along with a picture.  If this is the same candlelight scarf you were asking about, it may help you.  I  

http://waitinginthecapital.blogspot.com/2009/07/candlelight-scarf.html  Sorry couldn't be of more assistance. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Oct 24, 2012 5:06 PM

Hi Mary,

I meant to also ask others here, if this pic that G_K  put up here shows up on your monitors.  I just see a big box but no pic shows up.  I would like to see the project he shared.   

Page 34 of 59 (878 items) « First ...  < Previous  32 33 34 35 36  Next >  ... Last » | RSS