Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 880 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Oct 31, 2012 1:30 PM

Hi everyone,

Okay, I have shelved the Annetrelac Socks for now.  I got the first needle of base triangles done and got stuck.  I will have to pull my entrelac knitting guide out and double check how Eunny Jang does it.  Her article she wrote for Interweave Knits is a great reference.  In the meantime, I have started a pair of the Reservoir Mitts from Knit Scene Accessories, 2012.  The back of the mitts with the entrelac are done flat and then the rest of the mitt is done by picking up stitches along the side and doing them in the round.  

Today though is a swatching and gauging day around here for christmas projects. 

Mary

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 1, 2012 2:10 AM

Hi Mary,

I wanted to send you the blintzes recipe in a private conversation like Grand-Kage did, but I don't know what I did wrong, I couldn't. I'll post it here. Let's see how long it lasts as it is not a knitting subject.

Basic dough for crêpes

The soft and spongy crêpes elaborated with this dough can be prepared in advance and keep them in the fridge or can be frozen for future use.

Processing time 5 min + 30 min resting

Total cooking time 40 min

Yield: 12 crêpes

INGREDIENTS:

100 g of flour

½ teaspoon of salt

3 eggs lightly beaten

1 yolk

175 ml of milk

75 ml of water

25 ml of oil or melted clarified butter (I rather the melted clarified butter —it tastes better).

DIRECTIONS:

1.    Sift together the flour and the salt and pour into a bowl. Make a hole in the center, whisk the whole eggs and the yolk; stir in flour little bit at a time. Mix the milk with 75 ml of water gradually until the flour is completely smooth. Incorporate the butter or the oil and remove vigorously until you have a frothy dough. Cover it and let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.

2.    Melt a bit of oil or clarified butter in a 7 ½ inches frying pan until it smokes. With a ladle pour a little amount of the mixture, moving in all directions until the bottom is covered with a light coat. Cook it for 1 or 2 minutes until the edges are golden. With a rounded knife remove the sides to turn it round and cook it for 1 or 2 more minutes. Once it is ready, place it over waxed paper.

BLINTZES:

When you are done with all the dough, you can now lay a crêpe in a surface and put a thin slice of Philadelphia cheese —cottage cheese or any cheese you like— and a teaspoon of jam. Then fold it like an envelope. Place 3 or 4 blintzes in a plate, heat it in the microwave until the cheese is melted. Then sprinkle with icing sugar.

I hope you like this dough. It is my favourite.

Enjoy your knitting...

...and your cooking too.

Merlich.

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 1, 2012 2:26 PM

Grand-Kage:

Are you sure your not Marc Jacobs?  He is young and he knits too. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 1, 2012 8:03 PM

Hi ZassZ,

I am happy for you. The Little Lace Top will be a very good surprise for your new friend. She must be really a very sweet woman since you will spend such a lot of time knitting this beautiful garment. I think you must be done with your triangle black shawl by the time you read this post.

Thank you for worring about my dog and the things you say about me. And thank you once again for your words about my shrug.

Grand-Kage is a great knitter, I agree with you. If he can do this beautiful things at this age, I can imagine with more practice and knowledge he will become a great designer. I hope he can take advantage of his talent.

Do you have any notice about Sharon? I've heard in the news it will take them more than a week to have restored the electricity service. When I heard, last week, this Sandy hurricane was going to heat where she leaves, I couldn't help worrying about her. I pray for her and her family, and all her beloved ones to be ok.

I am done with my lavander tank. The yarn I used to knit it is 100% cotton. It is very late to wear it in these cold days; anyway, I finally finished it. I am waiting for my husband to take me a pic wearing it to post it here.

Send you lots of hugs and kisses,

Merlich.

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 1, 2012 10:29 PM

Hi Merlich!

Glad to hear from you again. Yes my friend is a sweet woman. We enjoy walking, talking & laughing as we walk along looking at the trees, plants & flowers. We also enjoy meeting the many dogs walking their owners. Wink  I know you appreciate that my words for you are from my heart and I thank you also for telling me.  I really enjoy all the things you share with us here.  Oh before I forget that was a nice recipe for crepes!  So versatile, you can fill them with sweet or with savory! 

No word yet from Sharon, although I am checking emails every few hours hoping to hear something. I am trying not to imagine the worst. Also am hoping she is not in any critical situation. I am glad you are keeping her in your prayers also. Hopefully we will hear from her soon. Sharon has a big heart. It is hard to see all the destruction left behind the storm. Makes me think seriously about how I am living my life each day.

Well now we can all look forward to seeing your pic of lavender tank. You’ll have something ready for when springtime arrives! Lots of xoxo’s back to you!

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 2, 2012 10:35 PM

Hi ZassZ & Everybody,

As I told you in an earlier post, I am done with my lavender tank. The colour is indeed violet. It is a pattern from a Lang Yarns magazine. The yarn I used was not from them. Instead, I used a 100% cotton yarn from Rico Design, 'essencials cotton dk'. I knitted it in two pieces from down-up.The stitch pattern from the hip to the low part of the breast is in a lace pattern, and from the breast to the shoulders is a variation of the honeycomb stitch.

I hope you like it,

Merlich.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Nov 2, 2012 11:19 PM

WOW!! Merlich, that top is gorgeous.  I love the honeycomb pattern. 

Mary

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 2, 2012 11:59 PM

Hi ZassZ,

Having such a kind of friends it's a real treasure, I am very happy for you. I am also pleased you like my contributions to this thread. Mary posted on page 34 she had made sugar free peach jam. I mentioned I'd like to prepare some too for my blintzes, there is when she asked about the crêpes recipe. Of course you can fill the crêpes with anything you want. I love the one that is made with spinach, mushrooms, manchego cheese and Béchamel sauce.

Have you heard any news about Sharon? I am still praying for her. Zoë also lives where Sandy was supposed to pass through, do you remember her? There is long time since she hasn't posted anything. Maybe because of her fibromyalgia disease. I hope she is well too.

Have you already gotten your yarn order? I wish you have. I am trying to guess what you will knit first: your skirt or the baby top. I am curious about it.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

XOXOXOXOXO!!!!

Merlich.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 3, 2012 12:03 AM

Hi Mary,

Thank you! You are very kind!

Love,

Merlich.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Nov 4, 2012 1:09 PM

Dear Merlich,

Your Welcome!!  I try to be but it doesn't always work.  My mouth has a tendency to get me in trouble at times.  Speaking of getting myself in trouble, I made it down off the mountain and went shopping yesterday.  I picked up 5 new knitting mags; Jane Austin Knits, Fall 2012, Interweave Knits Gifts 2012, Knit Scene's newest issue, Knit Simple Holiday 2012 and Vogue Knitting Holiday 2012.  Talk about some fabulous future projects.  It's like being a kid in a candy store!!

Speaking of projects, here's the hoodie.  It isn't a very good pic.  I will try to get my hubby to take a pic of me in it later. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Nov 4, 2012 3:16 PM

Hi Mary,

I LOVE your  hoodie!! The yarn you chose is so cute. I can notice you are a tender person. I am looking forward to seeing your pic wearing it! I want you to show it off with all of us. LOL!!!

Lately, my husband avoids going out with me when I go to my LYS. It happens to me the same thing you describe in your upper post. I feel myself so excited about all the things they sell there! I would like to buy a lot of stuff. Some times I end up buying nothing as I can't decide among all the things that gave me a wink.

All the best,

Merlich.

PS Did you see the Crêpes Recipe I posted for you at the top of this page?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Nov 5, 2012 12:40 PM

Dear Merlich,

Thank-you.  I wore it off the mountain to town Saturday and it was great.  It kept me warm and cozy.  As for the local yarn shop, I take my hubby in to the one in The Dalles, Oregon whenever I go in.  I just have to steer him away from certain spots, he's horribly allergic to wool.  However, I think he may not have as much trouble with the superwash and merinos.  He has more than once rescued a sock project from our "puppies" and the superwash wool I use for the socks doesn't seem to bother him as much.  As for not taking him in, no way.  He has an amazing eye for color and texture.  Many times when I have been working on a design or making sketches, he'll spot just the right yarn.  It's weird.  And he takes me there for our anniversary or my birthday and buys me something special.  This year it was a hank of hand dyed Suri Alpaca lace wt call Suri Dreams.  I don't have the tag handy so I am not sure which company makes it.  It is a gorgeous blend of deep blues, purples and greys.  He also bought me a pair of the Addi Turbo Lace circulars, which are a bit on the expensive side.  They are metal and I used them to make a shawl for a friend of mine, and I am still not sure about them. 

As for the crepe recipe, yes I did get it.  I have it in my email and when I hook up my lap top to my printer, I will print out a copy.  I'll have to wait till I get a new crepe pan before I try them, my youngest daughter ran off with mine.  Which is okay by me.  She just moved into her first place with her new boyfriend and I know what it is like to move to your own place and have very little.  Which brings up another fun story.  When the kids came up to get the the things for their new place, I took Will aside and had him place his hand on a piece of paper so I could trace it.  He's looking at me like I lost my mind and Angel is laughing because she knows what is going on.  Then I asked for his shoe size.  Angel explained that he was being fitted for gloves and socks.  He'll get some new winter warmies for Christmas along with the girls and other family members.  It's what makes the holiday season so much fun.  That and my hubby's home baked goodies. 

Mary

Ravenwood Designs.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 6, 2012 11:21 PM

Hi Merlich,

Do I like it!  I love it!  Wow - really great look.  You are looking fabulous in this sweater!  Tell your hubby to take you out in that one for sure - ha ha Wink  It puts a smile on my face to see the beautiful color as well.  Really nice knitting.  I might have to try and look for that yarn too. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 6, 2012 11:28 PM

Hi Mary,

Love your hoodie too!  Everyone has these nice cheerful colors.  Just love that style you did and I love color too.  Thanks for sharing with us here.  What's your next project? 

I finished my black shawl whew!  So glad to be on a new project with some color in it.  I like black, but it does get a little tiresome.  I am thinking of gifting this one to my future daughter. 

Take care and stay well. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 6, 2012 11:34 PM

Hi Merlich,

No news yet from Sharon.  Also relatives in nj have been without power but they are ok Storm.  The fact that we have not heard from her confirms that they must have been without power, but not knowing how extensively they may have been affected by the storm is still the big question.  Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait to hear but I really really really hope she is ok.  (big sigh)

Page 36 of 59 (881 items) « First ...  < Previous  34 35 36 37 38  Next >  ... Last » | RSS