Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 877 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Dec 17, 2012 8:09 PM

Right Hug Hi Merlich,

The beading does catch the light & when your ready or if you want to make the hat, I am happy to give you the directions.  Ok, I'll take hat pics for you too.  Now I am working on another one more cowl.  Trying to make it a little different.  What are you up to now?  Sending xxoo's!  Thank you.

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Dec 18, 2012 4:52 PM

Right Hug Hi ZassZ,

You're welcome!!  Thank you very much for everything!!  I'll let you know when I am knitting the baby hat. Now, I am on a lot of small projects [a pair of topless gloves (1 black and 1 ivory) and a two colour scarf and a pair of topless gloves to match with. I've already knitted the hat (grey/white).]. I've just bought the yarn for a tank top I saw in a Vogue Knitting Magazine long time ago. It is the cover of the Spring-Summer 2002 issue. It is a sleeveless aran turtleneck. It is knitted in cashmerino, but I will knit it in an egyptian cotton dk in light blue. The name of the yarn is "Sublime" by Sublime Yarns (www.sublimeyarns.com). It looks shiny, soft and I fell in love with it. I couldn't help. You know, when that happens, it is hard to say "no". Big Smile

I'll try to hurry to post my last pics of this year before it ends. I hope I can post the complete sets. If I don't manage to, I'll post just what I am done with, to show you.

Enjoy your knitting!!!

XOXOXO!!!

Merlich.

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Dec 18, 2012 5:28 PM

HI Merlich,

Sounds good to me.  The Sublime cotton looks nice.  The blue is pretty for your top.  I love the Vogue issues too.  Glad you got the yarn you love and enjoy knitting it up.  I was just looking at the Spring/Summer 2012 issue section on the tank tops.  The Racerback Top is really pretty too.  Looking forward to seeing your latest achievements when you are ready.  Take your time, no stressing.  xoxo

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Dec 18, 2012 6:05 PM

Hi ZassZ,

Thank you!! I'll go and see The Racerback Top before I start with the one I've told you. I may make up my mind! Big Smile

I promise I won't try to do more than I can. I'll do it calmly. Thank you very much!

Take care!!

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Dec 18, 2012 6:59 PM

Hi ZassZ,

I did go and see the Racer Back Top. I like it very much. I think I will make that. Thank you very much!!!

XOXOXO!!!  Big Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Dec 23, 2012 4:23 PM

Hi all!!

I'm back.  Slight issue with a satellite dish and snow.  Here are the pics I promised.  The Reservoir Mitts and Miss Jane's hat.  The hat is from Jane Austin Knits, Summer 2012.  The turquoise and purple set is for my older daughter, Heather and the green set is for my younger daughter, Angel.

Mary

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Dec 24, 2012 3:02 PM

Hi Mary,

Your sets are so cute. I love both of them. You chose very nice matching colours. I wish I was your daughter too, haha!!

Congratulations! They will be the envy of the Winter Season!

Enjoy your knitting!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Dec 24, 2012 3:08 PM

Hi, Everybody at Fabulous Projects Completed Lately!,

I wish you a Merry Christmas!  I wish Santa brings you a lot of skeins of your favourite yarns, a lot of beautiful knitting accesories, knitting mags and a lot of beautiful patterns!

Enjoy your family and friends!

Love,

Merlich.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Dec 25, 2012 7:28 PM

Dear Merlich,

Thank-you.  The girls picked out the yarn they wanted for their sets, I just did the knitting.  Unfortunately it will be a while before they get them.  Mother Nature decided to give us a Christmas present and dumped 2 feet of snow on us today and it is still snowing.  So until the roads get cleared it there will be Christmas presents sitting in the living room waiting for them. I like having a white Christmas but this is a bit much.  I hope you and all our friends here at KD had a good Christmas and I hope the new year brings all of you happiness and all the knitting projects you could ever want.!

Mary

Ravenwood Designs

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Dec 26, 2012 8:52 PM

Hi Mary, 

Are these the mittens you mentioned about knitting intarsia in the round?  Very cute little button on these and colors are interesting combination.  I like them & thank you for sharing again with us here.  I just wonder what's next for you - ha ha?  I am sure it will be fabulous. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Dec 26, 2012 11:08 PM

Dear ZassZ,

Yes these are the mitts that are giving me fits.  They are the reason I need to figure out how to do Entrelac in the round.  Hopefully the DVD I ordered from here is waiting in my mailbox at the post office.  I ordered  Entrelac Basics and Beyond with Eunny Jang.  I have a couple youtube videos on knitting with her in them and I really like the way she demonstrates stitches and explains things. 

As for intarsia or faire isle knitting in the round, not a problem!  I have made several sweaters in the round with faire isle borders as well as hats and mittens.  What I would like to find is a good basic pattern for the yoked sweaters called Bohus sweaters.  I love the way the yokes look and would love to make one.  I think the yoke on those would be a great way to use up those leftover skeins of yarn in the knitting basket!

As for what's next, I am currently working on a vest and I have a pair of gloves for myself on the needles.  The gloves are plain, so they will go up quick and the vest is being done in one piece to the underarms and then I will do the split for the fronts and back and use a 3 needle bind off to join the shoulders.  NO SEWING!!!!  Now for my next trick, modifying a vest pattern for the hubby so that I can do it the same as mine.  I really hate sewing sweaters together!

Mary

Ravenwood Designs

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Dec 28, 2012 10:28 AM

Hi Mary,

So sorry to know you are having such a lot of trouble with snow. I hope by the time you are reading this, the weather conditions are better and you and your family are together enjoying this season.

Thank you for the good wishes! Smile

Merlich

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Dec 28, 2012 12:54 PM

Hi ZassZ and Everybody,

On this occasion I won't be able to post the projects I told you I was. Time was not enough for me and I couldn't complete the sets before the year ended but here are the pics of the accesories I am done with. I hope you like them.

This hat and scarf in colour ivory were made with a yarn called "baby León, baby wool" 50% wool / 50% acrylic by Rebecca Pick Yarns, made in Peru. The pattern is called "Zurich Scarf" designed by Marilyn Losee. It is a pattern for only a scarf but I used the same stitch pattern to make the hat and the missing topless gloves (I am already on the go with them).  I took the pattern from www.naturallycaron.com/projects/zurich/zurich_1.html .

The black hat was made with a yarn called "baby León, baby wool" 50% wool / 50% acrylic by Rebecca Pick Yarns, made in Peru, in stockinette stitch (the topless gloves are almost done). The grey/white hat was made with two different yarns: the grey yarn is called "Alpaca Cusqueñita"  45% acrylic / 40% alpaca / 15% wool; and the white yarn is called "Light DK Merino Wool" 100% merino wool. Both are by Rebecca Pick Yarns and made in Peru. The head band was made in twined knitting and the rest of the body in simple tunisian crochet. I didn't follow a pattern, just ideas from here and there (there is already missing the scarf and the fingerless or topless gloves).

This hat for a baby was made with a yarn called "pingorex baby' by Pingouin Yarns 100% acrylic, in colour light beige with drops of light blue and dark beige. It was knitted in cables from different lengths.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Merlich.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Dec 29, 2012 3:01 PM

Dear Merlich,

PRETTY, PRETTY, PRETTY!!!!!  I love the newest goodies you posted.  Especially the cable knits, I'm a sucker for cable knits!!  But I quit wearing white a long time ago.  After having kids, white  left my wardrobe.   Now that I live in the boonies, I still don't wear white very often.  Anyway, I love the new stuff and keep up the good work!

Mary

Ravenwood Designs.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Dec 29, 2012 10:28 PM

Hi Mary,

Hope your fits are over and hope your DVD came to your mailbox!  I am sure with the cold weather you will be glad you have a new pair of gloves on hand!  Wink 

I remember your telling me about the vest you were planning to do in one piece and that will be fun for you.  The 3-needle bind off is a great way to close up your one piece knitting.  I think you were also mentioning finding an attractive something to put on the front of the vest  -  (if my memory serves me correctly).  Me too - hate sewing long seams.  I don't mind so much if they are small/shorter ones.   I don't mind crocheting two seams together if the article lends itself to that. 

I absolutely agree, Merlich really did share some beautiful things with us here.   

Page 40 of 59 (878 items) « First ...  < Previous  38 39 40 41 42  Next >  ... Last » | RSS