Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 876 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Dec 29, 2012 10:38 PM

Hi Merlich,

You hope we like them?  Oh my goodness, I love them!  You did some absolutely beautiful knitting on all of these.  I especially love the brim of your hats.  The way you did them looks so exceptionally nice.  It looks like the brim of the first white hat (with the white scarf) is stitched to the body of the hat.  Is it done that way?   I like that look alot. 

Your yarns are lovely too.  Where do you get access to your yarns you select?  Do you purchase from a local store or do you order on the internet?   Just wondering.  Oh the two color work is beautiful and you are amazing.  Thank you for taking the time to put up the pics and explain what yarns you use. 

I will have one more pic of just a quick cowl I did since I have been feeling a little better towards the end of last week.  It's also white.  Now I am starting on a project.  The yarn I have in my stash already.  A whole bag of Filatura di Crosa. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Dec 29, 2012 11:15 PM

Hi All,

Just put this up quickly.  I still had some Plymouth Merino left and used it up on this.  This one for me and it is nice and warm - keeps the wind off the back of my neck and the front of upper chest and neck as well.  Just in time - cold for us - woke up this morning to lots of thunder, thunder, thunder and rain, rain, rain and cold, cold, cold!  The weatherman said the rain would not come in til later in the day but it was here very early this morning.  I love hearing the thunder - reminds me of home.    

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Dec 30, 2012 2:46 AM

Hi Mary,

Thank you very much for your compliments! Your vest sounds enjoyable. Besides, you will have twice the pleasure with the vest for your hubby. That's excellent! I am looking forward to seeing them. Big Smile  I do hate sewing sweaters together too. It has happened to me that I finish the knitting thing and takes long time before I decide to finish the garment due to the sewing factor, especially if the pattern got on my nerves. I know the steek technique but I haven't tried it yet. That is another way to avoid sewing.

Enjoy your knitting!!!

Merlich.

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Dec 30, 2012 3:30 AM

Hi ZassZ,

Merci beaucoup mon chérie amie!  Thanks for such nice compliments! I am very happy you liked both the stuff and the yarns I chose. The band (brim) for the ivory hat was casted on using the long cast on method. For the other hats I use the crocheted provisional cast on using waste yarn. I knit the desired length then fold it and unravel the crocheted chain stitch by stitch and knit/purl together with the one I have in the circular needles. And continue with the stitch pattern I chose for the body.

I bought the yarns for these projects at my lys. I like them very much. They look like new for long time although you wash them frequently. Also, they are not expensive. They are well worth.

I love your cowl too. You did a wonderful combination of stitches. The ribbing, the cable ripple, the twisted stitches, the travelling stitches on the top. Lovely job!! You will use it a lot since you describe the weather in your city very cold and wet. I am happy for you and happy because you are feeling better too. Don't pay attention to the forecasters. It is a miracle when the weather beheaves the way they said it was. Unfortunately, Mother Nature is already out of sight for scientists to be accurate in their predictions.

Send you my best wishes!!

XOXOXO!!!

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Dec 31, 2012 11:29 AM

Hi Everybody at Fabulous Projects Completed Lately!,

I wish you an Excellent New Year!  The best of the best wishes for you all!  Be happy and enjoy life as much as you can!

With all my heart,

Merlich (XOXOXO!!!)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Dec 31, 2012 12:11 PM

Dear Merlich,

You are welcome.  The vests will be fun and since the weather is so miserable, I have plenty of time to get them done.  As for steeking, I avoid it on a regular basis, not because it is difficult, but because to me it is a waste of yarn and annoying, especially since you can do the same thing just by knitting in the round.  And with knitting in the round, you are done quicker and it's less work.  Less loose end to weave back into your work.  So I stick to the things that make it easier and more fun. 

Mary

Ravenwood Designs

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 2, 2013 6:04 PM

Hi Mary,

What a terrible thing about the weather. Don't forget to use gloves when you are feeding your heating. I like to knit in the round too. I've never tried the steek technique but I've seen the final job and it looks fantastic. I am glad you are enjoying your knitting.

Send you my best wishes!

Merlich

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 3, 2013 4:59 PM

Hi Merlich and Mary,

Just agreeing with you both about circular knitting.  How is your vest coming along Mary? 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Jan 4, 2013 12:14 AM

Hi Guys!!

The vest is coming along just great.  I just did the splits for the fronts and back this evening.  The fronts are on stitch holders and I finished the armhole shaping for the back.  Now it's just a matter of working to the shoulders and shaping the back neck.  Now that I have the splits done, it should go pretty quick.  I'm just trying to decide what type of neckline I want for the front,  rounded or v-neck.  I'll figure that out when I get to it.  As for the weather, it is still horribly cold, low 20's and now there is a winter storm warning for the area, freezing rain.  Just what I need!

Mary

Ravenwood Designs.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 4, 2013 12:41 AM

Hi Mary,

I am happy for you about your vest. I am anxious to seeing it finished. I know you have plenty of time to do it but, you know, you've made me get used to your beautiful pics. Besides, the way you talk about your work in progress makes me feel like seeing it soon. Sorry about the weather. I hope you can handle it perfectly and do not affects you that much. I hope you have a good time and hope the weather won't be that rude.

Merlich

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 4, 2013 9:37 PM

Hi All,

Today I decided to order another year subscription to Vogue International Knitting.  I also missed an issue during the year, so order the one extra issue as well.  Looking forward to receiving it early part of next week.  I was missing the curling up with my mags and giving myself some nice projects to dream about.  So when Merlich and I were talking about the pretty blue yarn she had and the blue top in that issue, I just couldn't resist another year's sub. 

I hope you are all staying warm and healthy and enjoying your knits.  Take care Person

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Jan 7, 2013 8:11 AM

Hello Zass, and everybody else

Do you remember me?? I have been away for so long I think you might have forgotten me.  Anyway I am back now and all is well, I love my new home although it seems to have take forever to get straight.  I have been back tracking through these pages - everyone has been really busy, such a lot of beautiful things.  I started this little fellow last year, but with all the moving and other things, I have not had the time nor the inclination to knit - I was so pleased to finally get him finished. He is from one of Jean Greenhowes patterns.  I believe they were supposed to be hedgehogs, mine looks much more like a dog, Still he's very cute.

Take care

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 7, 2013 3:45 PM

Hi Wendy! 

So good to hear from you and a very nice surprise.  So glad you are fine.  No I did not forget about you. Sure noone else did, just hoping you would get back to us he.  Didn't know you were moving, but understand that is a very big undertakin.  Are you still in the same town or state?  Or did you move out of state.  That is even more involved.  Your room looks so nice and neat and well organized, so you have been busy.  Just love your little hedgehog.  Very well crafted, and he looks perfect!  Wow!  I am amazed at how you can do these details to perfectly. 

How is the weather where you live now and are you close to lys there?  Just putting on some lima beans to simmer with some smoked ham hock.  It's been cold here, even though the sun is out quite brightly today.  I am spoiled from moving from back east to the west coast where it is a lot warmer.  But now that I have adapted to the warmer micro climates I really bundle up good when I go outside.  Still love the snow and all that for skiing and to enjoy how picturesque it looks.  Keep me posted as to how you are doing, ok? 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Jan 8, 2013 10:42 PM

Hi Wendy,

It's good to see you are back.  Glad to hear that everything is going well.  I love your little guy, he is so cute.  The details are amazing. 

Stay in touch with the group.

Mary Woods

Ravenwood Designs

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 8, 2013 10:45 PM

Hi ZassZ,

That is excellent! I love VKM too! And also love Knits & Knit Wear!

Take care

XOXOXO!!!

Page 41 of 59 (877 items) « First ...  < Previous  39 40 41 42 43  Next >  ... Last » | RSS