Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 877 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Apr 25, 2013 11:32 PM

Dear Mary,

All the presents you did are beautiful. I like them all very much. The sock monkey is so cute! I am sure your goddaughter will be convinced to wear socks from now on, hahaha!!

Take care and see your next project soon!!

Take care,

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 29, 2013 11:31 PM

Hi Mary, 

Your monkey is really cute and cheerful.  Love your socks too!  He looks like he is so proud of your work!  ha ha  Wink

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 30, 2013 10:33 PM

Hi All,

Just a little quick hat using cotton and some scraps left over from my wrap.  I was in a "cooky" mood, the cotton has nothing to do with the wool but I used it anyway.   Not trying to make a fashion statement.  I'll probably give it away or use on cool early morning walks, when the joggers are running by they won't really see me.   Just keeping hands busy while waiting and doing numerous errands.  You know how "wait" time is not especially my fav thing.      Now I am really going back to my Racerback.  Yeah!

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 44
JanetM@12 wrote
on May 1, 2013 7:09 AM

Your hat is adorable!  Love the colors.  It makes me think of summer.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on May 1, 2013 4:30 PM

Dear ZassZ,

Your hat is beautiful. I like the composition you did about the edge and the body of the hat. The yarn matching is a little funny but you'll be warm at the top and cool from the rest of the head. It is a "zone hat", hahaha!!  Wink

Good you are back to the racer. I am finishing the thumb, at last! Then... the weaving ends. I can't manage to fix the gaps between the fingers. I am so sad. Sad

Enjoy your day!

XOXOXO!!!

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on May 1, 2013 6:41 PM

Hi Merlich,

Thank you it is a little different!  Huh?  I remember a little tip for those gaps in between the fingers. If you can try to take some excess yarn and weave them in between to fill in?  That's about all I can think of at the moment.  You are an excellent knitter so I am sure it will be fine whichever way you do finish them up.  Star  Don't let it get you down, maybe put aside and go back after dinner and you are relaxed. 

It's been a quiet day so far, and I hope you are all having a good one too.  x0x0x0x0x

Sharon,

How are you doing?  I hope you are still happy with your gardening project?  I can't wait to hear more about what you did.  Take care and all of you enjoy the day.  x0x0x0x0

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on May 1, 2013 6:43 PM

Hello there Janet, 

Thanks for your complement.  And how are you doing with your lunch hour knitting projects?  I would love to hear what your on to now.  I was just reading back a bit re your sock monkey pattern.  I think I may try one in the near future, since I am going to need some knitted toys for the new arrivals. 

Take care and hope to hear from you again soon! 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on May 2, 2013 10:52 PM

Dear ZassZ,

Thank you, you are always encouraging me! Yes, I tried to weave in the ends from the front to the back of each finger and now it worked out. The first time I did on the previous pair of this same pattern, I weaved in the ends aflat; that is why the gaps remained. But, I figured out. Until this very moment, I am reading your post. If I had read it last night, I would have finished earlier, hahaha!!! Thank you very much!!  Big Smile

Here it is the pic. The hat was made with a different yarn from the one I used to knit the gloves. The hat was knitted with a 100 % acrylic yarn and, the topless gloves were knitted with a 50% acrylic - 50% wool yarn. Both in black.

They are knitted in stockinette stitch, very, very  simple; the hat with a hemmed edge.

ZassZ, there you are...  the pic as you requested! Right Hug  So, everybody can see what I was trying to do: no gap gloves!  Wink

Send you lots of XOXOXO!!

Have a nice day!!

Merlich

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on May 6, 2013 1:42 PM

Hello Everybody!!

Thanks for the compliments on the monkey and sock sets.  Hopefully this will get my goddaughter to wear socks, however I won't know till after the 15th of next month.  As for other news, I am no longer mother of the bride.  The kids called off the wedding.  Even so, I gave the gloves to my daughter and she absolutely loved them.  I will also be giving her the shawl when i get it finished.  Which by the way, is almost finished.  I have 8 of 10 repeats for the body done which leaves me about 56 rows left to finish it. 

Merlich, the gloves and hat look great.  I like the dark blue.  You did a great job.  Oh, the more gloves and mitts you make, the better you will get at stitching up the gaps.  Keep experimenting with different methods until you find one you like. 

ZassZ, I love the hat.  I would so wear that hat.  Never mind what anyone says about it, if you like it, wear it.  Life's too short to worry about what other people think.  Wear it with pride,  You did a great job and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Just a couple pics.  I finally made it off the hill and into my favorite yarn shop, The Whole Ball of Yarn in The Dalles, Oregon.  I picked up some new yarn for lace making.  It is Uluru by Queensland Yarns.  It is a Cotton blend with no wool, so I can make something for my sister in law for her birthday.  She is horribly allergic to wool.  The other is The Fountain Pen Shawl in progress.  The pattern is from Interweave Knits, Spring 2009 issue.

Mary Woods

Ravenwood Designs

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on May 6, 2013 7:03 PM

Dear Mary,

What a pity the wedding was cancelled. I hope Angel is feeling well. She is very young;  she has lot of time to do whatever she wants. Fortunatelly, she liked the wedding gloves and she'll have the wedding shawl ready for any moment she'll need it; it looks very pretty.

Thank you for your compliments on my accesories. Yes, I'll keep on brushing up the closing of the gaps.

I love the yarn you showed us in the pic. It looks so cuddly, soft and beautiful colours! I am sure your sister in law will love what you'll knit for her birthday present.

Thank you for everything! Send Angel my best wishes, please! Hugs and kisses too!

Enjoy your knitting!

Take care,

Merlich

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on May 6, 2013 10:06 PM

Hi Mary,

Wow, love your yarn!  Whatever you use it in will surely be very nice.  What shape is the Fountain Pen shawl you have started above?  I can see this is going to be another beautiful one. 

Yes, Merlich's set is very nice and she did a great job on getting those ladders taken care of.  Thank you for the words on my hat - I really do love it!  If you would wear it then it must be ok!  Thanks again.  We were truly saddened to hear re the plans.  Maybe they are just on "hold for now" and will work it out a little later.  I do hope so and if not, then I know you will help her the best way you can to get thru this time.  We support you anyway we can.  Umbrella Sometimes it's the qualities that are revealed after a storm that gives the strength to enable one to rebuild. 

Hope you have a peaceful evening Mary and rest well.  So glad you got to your fav yarn shop.  That is always gives us a boost.  Right Hug

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on May 6, 2013 10:15 PM

Dear Merlich,

Angel is doing okay.  When I went to town, I spent most of the day with her and took her to lunch.  It was great. 

As for the shawl, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It is almost done!  Yay!!!!  Then I can get back to projects for myself that I have started or dug the yarn out for.  The Carefree Cover Up from the Spring 2013 Issue of Creative Knitting, the Cap Sleeve top from the Spring 2013 Issue of Debbie Bliss magazine and the Tie Back Tank top from the Spring\Summer 2013 Issue of Vogue Knitting.  And in between all that, more socks!

Back to the dishes!

Mary Woods

Ravenwood Designs.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on May 6, 2013 10:25 PM

Dear ZassZ,

In answer to your question, the shawl is triangular.  It starts at the center top and works down and out.  Right now I have it on my 24" cables with the stops and I think I may have to switch to the 42" cables before I'm done.  That is one of the things I love about my interchangeables.  I can switch cables as I need the room for stitches.  Oh, if you are curious, the needles are the Harmony Laminated Birch from Knit Picks. 

Mary Woods

Ravenwood Designs

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on May 6, 2013 10:39 PM

Dear Mary,

I am glad Angel is doing well. Don't leave her alone. The first days are the most difficult ones. Confused  I do not what happened, but I know breaking with someone is very hard. Wilted Flower How are you? How are you feeling? It is very sad to see our little ones suffer; we suffer with them too!

I am happy for you about the shawl!  Music Star  I am looking forward to seeing it soon! Big Smile

What a wonderful thing you have a big queue of projects to do. I have a big queue of UFO's. My hub has suggested me to be done with those projects before I buy new yarn and leave them again unattended. I don't know. I'll see what they are. I can't remember how many they are, hahaha! Big Smile

Enjoy your knitting and take care!

XOXOXO!!

Merlich

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on May 7, 2013 3:53 AM

Hi all,

Your hat and gloves are great Merlich, I especially like the gloves, nice and long.  

Mary,  So sorry to hear the wedding was called off, but glad the gloves went down well just the same.

I have had a dose of the flu, and still feel a bit yucky - I am in the process of knitting a lot of pocket teddy bears to go in with the dresses my church is making to send abroad. Still slowly working through the chess set (slowly being the operative word)

Take care everyone.

Wendy

Page 52 of 59 (878 items) « First ...  < Previous  50 51 52 53 54  Next >  ... Last » | RSS