Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 880 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Feb 15, 2011 3:56 PM

ZassZ:
By the way, how or what do you do to copy a web address without having to type the whole thing in? 

Hi ZassZ,

Here is what I do:  use your mouse to highlight the http web address, press Ctrl and C (copy) at the same time, move your mouse to where you want to copy the address and then press Ctrl and V (paste).  Then there is no typing the whole address.

Happy knitting, Zoe Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 15, 2011 8:49 PM

Hi there Zoe,

Thanks a bunch for the tip, though the sugg does work.  I was having trouble because I don't use the box where the http or IP address shows up.  I was thinking I could just copy from the tab, once on the site.  Even though it shows the ip address, but not possible.  Reason, I don't use the box because my security software company sends emails that help protect from pulling up harmful site by accident.  They say that sometimes you can type in a wrong letter or number and get something I don't want.  So I usually pull it up from a search page which verifies the address is safe and from that page I can't ctrl c or ctrl v.  Only wish I could just right click it to copy but from the tab that isn't possible either.  Oh well. 

What happened to your fair isle?  Are you doing it  now?  What colors are you using?  Smile   

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Feb 16, 2011 6:37 AM

hi zass,

i like the idea of the self striping yarn. that could be really interesting. you'd have to try it and see - mgiht be really odd looking also, depending on how the stripes go.

i find with most patterns, the first time you knit them you make changes and tweak them. then the second time they will be perfect - for you. my problem is the second time never comes because i move onto another pattern. oh well!

have a happy day,

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 17, 2011 12:46 PM

Hi Yogama,

If I get the right kind of self striping yarn,  as the picture for patterns shows, the stripes go up and down instead of top to bottom or botton to top, like stripes ususally do.  It is a pretty look with the right color combinations.  You got me going with the yarn I chose.  I had wanted to use "Lake" blue yarn because was trying it for the first time and I really liked it.  Easy to knit with too.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Anyway, I have the self striping but it is in darker color combination, which is fine, but I was in the mood for 'lighter' color at the time.  You know how we are - colors, colors, colors.  Love em all.  Surprise 

That reminds me - a friend and I are having a discussion over what color her sweater is "called".  To my eye and my remembrance it might be called magenta, but she thinks it is more plum color, but it really is not grapey or plum looking.  Has more deep red undertones in the yarn.  Do you or does anyone reading this remember what that color was called?  It was really popular in the 70's or 80's. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Feb 18, 2011 5:52 AM

hi zass,

would that be called fuschia? was and still is one of my fav colors. hot pink with some purply/blue tones to it? gasp - i had lipstick in that color in the late 70's early 80's. my kids would disown me if i wore it now. either that or hide and pretend they didn't know me! haha!

good luck with your next striped sweater. hoping you like your color combinations. and yes, i do know what you mean about being in the mood for a certain color.

i read that the new hot color for the spring is called "honeysuckle". a nice pinky shade but not too bright. it was an ad for berrocco booklet #407. there is a pretty, lacy cardi pattern that ties in the front with wide ties. i was thinking i might drop the sleeves and turn it into a vest for the spring. with either a tank or a t under it? i bought linsey yarn in rose to knit it.. it seemed close to honeysuckle. i bought enough to do the sweater as is, so i'll see how it works without the sleeves. i'll prob have some yarn to return.

happy knitting,

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 23, 2011 5:52 PM

Hi Yogama,

Yes that might be it - fuschia.  I will ask her.  Thanks!

Not Ranked
Posts 11
BettyB wrote
on Mar 5, 2011 7:30 AM

ZassZ:
  • Has anyone recently experienced that particularly excellent feeling one gets when a project is finished? 
  • What project have you been doing recently, and how long did it take to complete? 
  • If not, how close are you to finishing?  
  • What project do you anticipate putting the finishing touches to this summer?  Cool
  • Would you like to let us all hear about them!  Surprise

Not Ranked
Posts 11
BettyB wrote
on Mar 5, 2011 7:43 AM

I'm knitting the sweater on the front of the book, JAPANESE KNITS, very interesting, a bit challeging but satisfying to knit.  Has anyone knit from this book?  I've knit 2 others from it, very original knits.

bettyb

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Mar 5, 2011 12:48 PM

hi betty,

oh no! not another knit book to look at? haha! i do not believe i have ever seen japansese knits, but i will check it out. please post pics of your sweater, we would love to see it!

i did something interesting the other day. bought a soft cover book from england. origins. there are several gorgeous sweaters in it. i waited and waited for it to arrive and when it did, it was in french. gasp! they did include an engish pamphlet with translations. thankfully for that!

happy knitting,

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 7, 2011 1:06 PM

hi BettyB,

What is the ISBN number on your book cover?  I was going to ask you what picture is on the front cover of your book to help me find it.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 22, 2011 1:33 PM

BettyB:
I'm knitting the sweater on the front of the book, JAPANESE KNITS, very interesting, a bit challeging but satisfying to knit.  Has anyone knit from this book?  I've knit 2 others from it, very original knits.bettyb

ZassZ:
hi BettyB, What is the ISBN number on your book cover?  I was going to ask you what picture is on the front cover of your book to help me find it.

In addition, BettyB, if you see this post and answer, what yarn are you using for that sweater? 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 22, 2011 5:13 PM

I just finished this sweater recently.  It's the Baby Sidewinder sweater.  I used these cute little sheep buttons with little legs and feet.   Also swapped out the single crochet trim and instead used an Attached I-cord Trim around the front, neck and bottom edges.  I like the finished look of it better. 

Yogama did a cabled sweater with baby buttons the same.  I thought they were the cutest little buttons when I saw them in the store, but didn't associate them with her sweater until later but I know she doesn't mind sharing her good taste with me. 

He's guarding the sweater until the rightful owner shows up to claim it. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Mar 23, 2011 8:30 AM

hi zass,

love you sweater. you did a very nice job! very clever with the i-cord trim. it does give a more finished edge. i'm sure you wont mind if i "borrow" your idea? love your little friend watching over the sweater. he is so cute! h's gma had doxies and she loved them. ok, off to read your other posts. enjoy your day!

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 23, 2011 6:01 PM

Hi yogama,

and thank you.  and I would be happy for you to try out the I-cord trim, so nice, you are right about it. Yeah he is a little doll, my little friend. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 14, 2011 4:02 PM

ZassZ:

Hi Yogama, Zoe,

I just took the pic of the little Bobble Hat.  And another of the Seven Rib Shell. 

The Bobble Hat is the one I told you about Sharon, that Caron Simply Soft in blue that I wanted to try.  Nice and washable.  I still can't get the shell hat to photograph well.  Oh well.  Having fun anyway.

Page 6 of 59 (881 items) « First ...  < Previous  4 5 6 7 8  Next >  ... Last » | RSS