Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 877 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 21, 2011 2:26 PM

Hi Andrea,

I just looked it up and I say thanks!  The free pattern is cool too.  Then I went to the zoe link and lots more flowers.  It'll take a minute to click on them all but I am looking thru.  Can have lots of fun with these.  Use them to embellish any of my hats - now that's what I am talking about!  ha ha!

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 21, 2011 2:31 PM

Hey Zoe,

You go ahead.  Sing it out.  You know what they say about learning a second language.  If you want to learn it - sing the words.  We use both sides of the brain when singing and learning to speak a new language.  Instead of just speaking it, which we use only one side of the brain.  That is why it's easier to learn and remember when singing. 

I think it would be a great thing for you to do some flowers too!  Come on, try one or two?  Then we can all put pics up here!  Let's have some fun. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 21, 2011 6:25 PM

To Andrea,

For you!         

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 986
AndreaW wrote
on Apr 22, 2011 1:54 AM

Hi Zass...

That was so sweet of you to send me a rose!!!  I showed it to Wayne too. We both love flowers....inside + out...but he really loves roses.

May I return the good deed w/ a pic of some of my peonies fr 2 yrs ago?  It was the closest to a rose I could find on short notice. And yes...that IS yarn in the background. What can I say...my life revolves around yarn!!!  I think it was the skein I dyed to make my Clapotis wrap?  Seeing this pic really makes me wish for summer. It's about 1 degree above freezing outside right now @ almost 5 AM.

One more post....maybe...then off to bed.

Take Care..... Andrea

Not Ranked
Posts 1
arowana wrote
on Apr 22, 2011 2:04 AM

nice flower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 986
AndreaW wrote
on Apr 22, 2011 2:10 AM

Hi Zoe....

Zoe:
thank you for your encouraging words re: FM.  It is all about learning what to do and what you cant do with this disease.  Know your limitations and work within them is my motto for this.  I am learning.

It is very much a balancing act. One of my best friends also has it, so many shared conversations about this. While you can't go too far past "the cut-off point"....it is important to keep yourself active + do push that little bit past your comfort zone. If you always stop the minute you start to feel a bit tired/ sore...I can almost guarantee you will steadily lose strength/ staying power/ flexibility. It's too easy to quit because of aches. If you do....you will ache more in the end.  My friend takes naps daily...I can't...too many sleep issues. She could sleep on a rock!!!  But when it all starts catching up I will spend most of a day in bed sleeping as long as I can....then reading. I start to get shaky when I've done too much...time to STOP. For almost 54 w/ fibromyalgia....I'm very flexible + have stayed quite strong. It's important...I work @ it. Not @ a gym or w/ "regular" exercises...but I use "life" to keep stretching. Doorways/ etc. Bend/ twist...little bits whenever you can during the day. My toes are still my friends....I can touch them!!!

Good Luck ...... Andrea

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 986
AndreaW wrote
on Apr 22, 2011 2:15 AM

Hi arowana...

Thanks...that plant was one of the first things we planted when we moved here 16 yrs ago. It makes me smile every year when it starts to send up new growth.

I see this was your first post. If you are new here...welcome + I hope you enjoy it!!!

Take Care.... Andrea

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Apr 22, 2011 5:38 AM

Hi Zoe, T

Thank you for link to flowers - I have visited this site before as they have lots of toy patterns, some of the flowers are really good. Looks like I have really started something with my flowers - they are fun quite easy to make and look quite good. I look forward to seeing more pic's of everyones flowers soon.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Apr 22, 2011 6:54 AM

hey zass,

what a gorgeous flower. and i can't see even one stitch. you are an exquisite flower knitter! just kidding!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Apr 22, 2011 6:57 AM

hey andrea,

more beautiful flowers! and of course with yarn! wouldn't be you otherwise....

we are def on oppisite ends of the clock. i am waking up at 5am, you are going to sleep. either wayne is working nights or you are having sleep issues again. whatever, as long as you are enjoying your day/night!

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 22, 2011 10:11 AM

Hi Andrea,

You can send me peonies ANYTIME.  i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE PEONIES.  What a thrill to open up your post and see them.  One day I will share with you why they are so special to me.  These are gorgeous and I thank you and Wayne.  Big Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 22, 2011 10:47 AM

Hi yogama,

I can't believe how talented I am.  How are you doing?  I know your still deciding on skirt yarn, but I get the feeling you are almost there!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 22, 2011 10:51 AM

Hi arowana,

Are you planning to join us here? - I hope so.   

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 110
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Apr 23, 2011 7:40 AM

Hi all, just finished a Kangaroo. I really have to buy a new camera lead - this web cam takes bad pictures

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Apr 25, 2011 8:57 AM

hi wendy,

what a cute kangaroo! adorable. is this for someone special or just because you like to knit animals?

no worries about the pic quality. at least you take and post them - unlike me.....i take and they sit on my camera! oh well.

happy knitting,

sharon

Page 8 of 59 (878 items) « First ...  < Previous  6 7 8 9 10  Next >  ... Last » | RSS