Fabulous Projects completed lately?

This post has 880 Replies | 19 Followers rated by 6 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Apr 25, 2011 9:00 AM

hey zass,

still "thinking" about the skirt yarn. leaning toward the rowan, but this weekend i was busily knitting on my lace cardi. left front is finished and i was measuring to the back and discovered an "oops". fortunately it is only a few rows down so i will pull it out and redo. then right front and i am done. so......i am trying to finish before i start playing with the skirt. since this is perfect lace cardi weather i do want to wear it.

are you done with your beret yet? looking for pics!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,813
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 25, 2011 8:17 PM

hi yogama,

yes i'm done.  guess what else?  I am finishing up on a handbag.  I have only yet to do the second strap of two, am thinking of attaching it with a big bead, sew in a cute lining, plus a zipper.  I think it will be cute and I am trying out some flowers in the yarn to decorate the bag.  If they look all right, I will attach them.  Oh dear, now I have to take more pics!  I found some more flowers in Nicky Epstein's Knitting on Top of the World.  Nice. 

This is the weather now for the cardi so you should finish it up soon and then I agree, start the lace skirt.  You'll have two nice things for spring/summer.  I can't wait to hear which yarn you decided on.   

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Apr 25, 2011 9:32 PM

hi All Fabulous Projects knitters,

I found something I can do -- these lil critters wont be too heavy to hold.  Check it out!  These lil bunnies!!!  knitted in pastels!! hehe hip hop!  will go cute in your flowers!!

www.mochimochiland.com

Happy knitting, Zoë Smile

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 111
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Apr 26, 2011 7:21 AM

Hi Yogama,

Glad you  like my kangaroo,  I do love knitting toys - sometimes I knit them for my friends children, sometimes I knit for charity and sometimes I sell my toys. either way I really enjoy making them. I must have made hundreds over the last 20 years or so.  I really have not the patience for making clothes - but with dolls and other toys I can see them take shape quicker although some do take up to a week or more to finnish - it is the sewing up that is difficult that is what can make or break the look of a toy.  At the end of the day it is the look on a small childs face when you give them a colourful new toy -  that makes it worthwhile  - that look is worth it's weight in gold.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 111
WendyJ@4 wrote
on Apr 26, 2011 7:24 AM

Hi Zoe,

Just checked out those lil critters - cute very cute. It would be easy to add a little bit to the bottom so they fit on the ends of pencils. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Apr 27, 2011 7:02 AM

hey zoe,

thanks for the link. love the adorable tiny baby bunnies - how cute and how fun to knit!

enjoy your day!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Apr 27, 2011 7:04 AM

hi wendy,

i agree with your about seeing the pattern take shape and look like something! instant gratification. i never thought of making toys, but it does sound like fun.my kids are all grown, but no grandkids yet. see what i have to look forward to??

happy knitting,

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Apr 27, 2011 9:11 AM

hi zass,

somehow i missed this post when i was looking earlier! yeah for you  - you finished. and now you will have a pretty, sassy new handbag complete with flowers! how do you like the flowers? and were they fun to do?

i'm still working on the cardi. halfway done with right front and then putting it together. hoping to be done by this weekend. i'd like to wear it - as you said, perfect weather right now. and then onto the skirt. i did send the knitpicks back. the colors were too dark. haven't done the swatch of rowan yet, i'm waiting to finish the cardi - so that i will finish and not jump ahead and start something new!

my gardens are looking so nice right now. all the perennials popping up and looking green and fresh. some are starting to bloom. love this time of year!

enjoy your day!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Apr 27, 2011 9:11 AM

hi zass,

somehow i missed this post when i was looking earlier! yeah for you  - you finished. and now you will have a pretty, sassy new handbag complete with flowers! how do you like the flowers? and were they fun to do?

i'm still working on the cardi. halfway done with right front and then putting it together. hoping to be done by this weekend. i'd like to wear it - as you said, perfect weather right now. and then onto the skirt. i did send the knitpicks back. the colors were too dark. haven't done the swatch of rowan yet, i'm waiting to finish the cardi - so that i will finish and not jump ahead and start something new!

my gardens are looking so nice right now. all the perennials popping up and looking green and fresh. some are starting to bloom. love this time of year!

enjoy your day!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,813
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 28, 2011 10:22 PM

Hi Yogama,

I am almost done but not quite yet.  I finished the straps, am working on some flowers and am having fun trying the different patterns out.  I decided to go down a couple needle sizes from the first one I experimented with and it is looking good so far.  I'll put the lining in witht he zipper.  I am thinking of doing a brightly colored zipper to go with a bright printed lining.  Then I'll just tack the flowers down.  It is the same concept you do with making ribbon flowers.  Instead of sewing a straight stitch down the middle and then gathering it from the ends, you knit the strip with a little triangular edge and then put the yarn end thru the spaces made by the yarn overs and pull tight, voila, you have a rose!

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,813
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 28, 2011 10:27 PM

That's a darling litle web site Zoe. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,813
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 28, 2011 10:30 PM

Hi WendyJ,

I can tell you really do.  What a sweet way to spend some time.  The reward is well worth as you said.  It made me happy as well, to know you are doing this.Smile  

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Apr 29, 2011 10:08 AM

hi zass,

i like your idea of a bright zipper - that will make it fun. then maybe a center to your flowers or some sequins in the same color? you can go into business now......with your free time! i'm still working on the lace cardi. going to finish this weekend. can't wait to wear it. just trying to decide the length before i bind off shoulders and sew side seams and crochet the draw string. all easy. woohoo! then finally onto swatching for the skirt. i'll let you know!

enjoy your day. it is gorgeous here today - tomorrow also. finally what i have been patiently waiting for!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,813
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 29, 2011 3:47 PM

Hi yogama,

So which Rowan are you doing the lace skirt in?  I kind of trying to back track and remember but my brain isn't going there -yet so I'll just ask you! 

Glad you had a beautiful weather day.  We had 80's yesterday and 70's today.  Oh yes, I forgot to say so glad your gardening efforts are paying off. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Apr 30, 2011 10:15 AM

hey zass,

i'm swatching with the quebacha and whatever? its teh khaki color. i like working with the yarn, liking the color better. the choices are not good, but then again i'm not really sure what color i would like. i was thinking a little darker, like a soft milk chocolate or coffee with cream. i'm sure once i get going with the actual skirt i will be happy. a little cool this am, but turning nicer now. heading out to a local food festival. not sure exactly what it is, but the local restaurants will all be there serving their specalties. what's not to like? sun, warmth and good food that i don't have to cook! haha!

enjoy your day!

Page 9 of 59 (881 items) « First ...  < Previous  7 8 9 10 11  Next >  ... Last » | RSS