"Ensemble' Yarn

This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 7
KathleenR wrote
on Jul 10, 2008 10:45 AM

Hi All,   Glad to be making my very first post.  I need help in finding information about 'Ensemble' yarn, by the Art Yarns company.  It is 75% silk, 25% cashmere.  I bought the last four hanks (256 yds. ea.) of it that my local yarn store had, because it was so beautiful, without knowing what to do with it.  The label says "see patterns specially designed for this yarn" but when I went to the site there was NO info to be had about the yarn, not even in their archives.  It's as if the yarn itself had proved to be an embarrasment so they wiped the slate clean! 

This is the first time I've given in to an impulse purchase of yarn, especially one so expensive.  With an impulsive buy, I like to follow up with research about the purchase.  If this is the kind of thing I can expect, I won't be acting on  impulse again...  If anyone has used this yarn, please let me know what kind of pattern you used, any difficulties you had and how it knitted  up..  Thanks. 

KathleenR

KathleenR

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 25
Mirl56 wrote
on Jul 29, 2008 2:07 PM

I'm not familar with that yarn myself.  Are you a member at www.ralvery.com?  If not, I would highly recommend it.  Once you join, you can look up a particular yarn and then see the different projects the other ca-zillion members have made with it. 

Cool Marilyn

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS