Faux Cable demonstrated by Eunny Jang -mine does not look like her swatch at all

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
JST wrote
on Sep 19, 2011 10:15 AM

Has anyone tried the faux cable that Eunny Jang demonstrated on the video 'Learn Something New" where there's also instructions on wrapped knitting?  I tried the pattern [k1,yo,SSK,P2,K1,yo,SSk,P2] several times & followed as she instructed but my swatch is nowhere near what hers look like.  The faux cable looks cool but I can not replicate it. I can't get the twist look.

Please help. Thanks

Not Ranked
Posts 2
graceclause wrote
on Sep 20, 2011 9:30 PM

Hello,

I am so glad you have the same question that I have.  This faux cable has me totally stumped.  I have watched the video over and over and did the exact same thing she did and it does not turn out like it does for Eunny.  The K1 stitch does not twist  like a cable.  Glad to hear that someone else has the same outcome as I do.  Anyone have any answers?

Thank you

Not Ranked
Posts 2
graceclause wrote
on Sep 21, 2011 9:55 PM

Is there anyone out there that can explain the Faux cable pattern?  It seems that there are a few of us who don't understand the pattern.  I for one am all ears and eyes in finding out how to make this neat cable. 

Thanks so much.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
kennemol wrote
on Nov 16, 2011 8:19 AM

I found this on her blog.  I haven't tried it yet, but hopefully this is helpful...  :)

The stitch shown at left is a faux cable that uses a yarnover to separate the stitches and achieve the cable look. Work the faux cable as such:

Row 1 (WS): *K2, p2, rep from *
Row 2: *K1, yo, k1, p2, rep from *. Note that there is NO decrease in this row and each YO will add one to the stitch count.
Row 3: *K2, p3, rep from *
Row 4: *Sl1, k2, psso, p2, rep from * (stitch count should be back to be the same as in Row 1)
Rep these 4 rows to form faux cable pattern

The faux cable stitch would be really nice to add texture to a garment; how about using it instead of straight ribbing on cuffs or collars? I think the texture would be great.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS