Knitting for Daisy: Vote here!

This post has 542 Replies | 102 Followers rated by 3 users
Not Ranked
Posts 1
linglew wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 3:02 AM

Hi Kathleen

Being from the UK and mad about Fair Isle, that would have to be my choice. What a gorgeous puppy, that sweet face comes with real character I suspect.

Best wishes

Lin

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Spinsister wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 3:04 AM

Definitely the Dean Jacket for outdoors, as she is so young. I do hope the yarn is washable!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Oct 21, 2011 3:10 AM

The aran sweater is gorgeous, but I think the fairisle would suit Daisy best and be warmer for her.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
CarolynS@50 wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 3:11 AM

the jean jacket

but maybe in a different color???

Not Ranked
Posts 2
TeresaH@26 wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 3:12 AM

Definitely the Jean sweater if she's a hard player... but maybe add a little lower edge ruffle!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Oct 21, 2011 3:17 AM

First the cable, it seems to be a quick one, then the fair isle, the weather will be colder, by the time you have finished it, and it is warmer than the first.

Good knitting! Britta.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
AlbertOlsen wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 3:26 AM

You might as well settle for 2 right away. Stick out tongue She's bound to mess them up if she meets a playmate in the park!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
mamanpc wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 3:32 AM

Hard to choose between the Aran cable and the Fair Isle, they're both lovely! the Fait Isle colorway in the photo would go well with Daisy's ear color. And you could knit matching mittens for yourself... of course you could do that with the cable pattern also

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Patr Kitchen wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 3:37 AM

They are all so cute, but you have to think of ease of getting on and off - I love the jean jacket one it looks like it  buttons at the back - but for a little girl the party one is so cute  -  Patr from England

Not Ranked
Posts 2
PamD@23 wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 3:42 AM

The best part is you have a new PUPPY!!!!! I like the jean pattern.  It appears to able to stand up to cold winter winds when a girl has to go outside to do her duty.  Good luck with the sweater and enjoy your new little one.

Pam

Not Ranked
Posts 3
KarenN@7 wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 3:46 AM

I love this book!  I used to knit custom dog sweaters for a friend's website, primarily dashshunds, and talk about a tricky fit!   This book helped me understand how to fit a dog successfully, and the key is careful measurements.  I voted for the Jean Jacket, 'cuz every girl needs a great jean jacket.  Since Daisy is still a puppy, and fairly low to the ground, you may want to think about some negative ease in the chest measurement so the sweater fits snugly and doesn't drag on the ground.  Knitting for dogs is great fun, and once you start, you won't be able to stop, so I'd imagine Daisy will end up with an entire wardrobe of sweaters!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
slk690 wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 3:47 AM

Hi Kathleen,

I think the cabled sweater is lovely. It looks warm and cosy and the cable twists look so pretty. Knitted in a different colour this would really complement little Daisy's coat.

P.S.  Love Knitting Daily

Regards

Samantha

Not Ranked
Posts 2
abichar wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 3:56 AM

The Arran.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Jheral wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 3:57 AM

My vote goes to the Jean Jacket. Why? Well, if you're in a hurry then Fair Isle and cabling are time-consuming. Also, stash-busting is good! Makes room for new yarn! The party dress is cute but rather impractical.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Oct 21, 2011 3:58 AM

Love the Jean Jacket and think it would look great on adorable little Daisy. If I had a puppy I think that's the one I'd choose to keep her warm!

Page 2 of 37 (543 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS