Knitting for Daisy: Vote here!

This post has 542 Replies | 102 Followers rated by 3 users
Not Ranked
Posts 8
margi333 wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 4:47 AM

The Fair Isle.  You love to do colourwork, and I think this one will be the warmest, with all that extra yarn.  Choose colours that complement her coat colour.  I think the aran sweater looks too masculine for her, and the party dress doesn't look very warm.  The jean jacket is ok, but not very feminine.  She's so cute, she needs something special, and I think the fair isle is it.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Oct 21, 2011 4:49 AM

Can't make up my mkind. I like the Fairisle with those colors. They match Daisy's colors. But love Cables so the cable sweater to.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Oct 21, 2011 4:50 AM

I have the book, and I definitely think the Party Dress...Daisy looks like having a great time

is what she will be all about.....

Not Ranked
Posts 2
TinaM@2 wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 5:01 AM

I'm all for the party dress. Cute, Girly, and has a little growing room...cuz we all know how puppies grow. and should be relatively quick to knit up...because we all know how FAST puppies grow.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
dbshade wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 5:01 AM

I loved the cabled aran, but to me it looks a little too unisex for Daisy.  I vote for the party dress!  I can totally see Daisy in that.

Diane

Not Ranked
Posts 2
ToniB@8 wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 5:07 AM

The cable sweater - as you said she is a little tomboy and this would be both for her feminine side and the tomboy side of her. 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 25
yarnlady@6 wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 5:07 AM

Oh, definitely the party dress -- every girl needs a party dress    :-)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
KathleenK@23 wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 5:08 AM

I'm voting for the Jean Jacket.  It looks fast as those winters are already here.  It is a casual look for a playful puppy but could be quite dressy with the right bling buttons.  Your puppy is sooo cute.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Lady A wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 5:10 AM

The Jean Jacket looks like it would be easiest to get on an excited puppy who needs to go outside to take care of rising 'hydraulic pressure.'  Besides it is cute.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
PatriciaJ@25 wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 5:13 AM

The fairisle one, it is so sweet

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Oct 21, 2011 5:13 AM

Kathleen Cubley:

Help me decide which sweater to knit for Daisy!

Definitely the aran knit. She will still be a puppy during the winter months and the aran knit will keep her warm and cosy. The aran knit will also compliment her tomboyish ways but the peach colour will give the coat and her that girly touch. Perfect. [Please visit the original post to access the poll]

Kathleen Cubley:

Help me decide which sweater to knit for Daisy!

[Please visit the original post to access the poll]

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Kathy@4 wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 5:15 AM

I vote for the Classic Cabled Aran Sweater. Just precious for a precious little girl!

Kathy

Not Ranked
Posts 1
sweetie56 wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 5:17 AM

You are right - the party dress is like all party dresses, adorable but completely impractical! I think the fair isle one is fabulous - a project just big enough to be fun without any chance of getting bored!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 25
yarnlady@6 wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 5:20 AM

I already voted for the party dress; but, really, a girl can never have TOO many outfits. Daisy needs a comfortable shaker knit sweater for those casual weekends, just puttering around the neighborhood, running errands, dropping in to her LYS for the latest pattern and just one more skein of luscious yarn...

J JILL features some lovely shaker knits in their fall line-up, so it must be good...

And, ooh, maybe a Koigu linen-stitch scarf?

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Annseams wrote
on Oct 21, 2011 5:21 AM

I think she would look good in the fair isle knit in feminine colors.  If you make a matching tam as suggested in another post, add a pompom.

Page 4 of 37 (543 items) « First ...  < Previous  2 3 4 5 6  Next >  ... Last » | RSS