Help with pattern

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Ttamala wrote
on Oct 6, 2011 9:18 PM

I am having trouble with the pattern- its the first time i've tried to use multiple colors.

The pattern reads:

Row 1: (RS)*bring strand of CC(contrast color) to RS, with MC (main color), k3, bring strand of CC to WS, with CC k1; rep from * to last 3 sts, bring strand of CC to RS, with MC k3.

Row 2: (WS) with MC purl

Row 3: with MC,*k1, catch float in next stitch, k2; rep from *to last 3 sts k1, catch float, k1

I think if i can get these 3 rows I'll understand the rest(i hope)!  My problem - after the first row the CC is at the end of the row but then row 2 is purled across using the MC only so the CC isn't moving through the work and is left hanging at the opposite end.  Then for row 3 the CC is all the way on the other side - how do i get it back over to where i'm working? I'm sure you wouldnt have a strand that stretches across the entire stole - what am i missing?

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Whimsey6 wrote
on Oct 7, 2011 7:22 AM

Ttamala:

If there is a long line of stitching the thing I would do is cut the CC and take it down to the other end and begin using it again. If it is a short row you can carry it along in back as floats, twisting it in with the MC every few stitches. Probably it is a long line of stitches if it is a stole and you should just cut it and make sure to leave enough tail to weave in securely.

Hope this helps!

Susan

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
the hat lady wrote
on Oct 7, 2011 7:32 AM

It looks like the contrasting color is worked only on Row 1, Row 2 use the main color to purl back (ws), on Row 3 you use MC to Knit 1 then pick up the float from the front side with the needle tip, K2 with main color, and repeat across row.  At this point both working yarns will be at the end of row 3 and the CC will make upside down V's across the row..  Will try this after getting back home (later today) to see how it works and get back to you.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS