Here's where you vote for the Winter Hat Knit-Along!

This post has 283 Replies | 59 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
itsmedebby wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 3:15 PM

The Koolhaas Hat for sure!Big Smile 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
ahubar wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 3:25 PM

I have chosen the Koolhaas hat for this knitalong, because it looked interesting and  enjoy working with twisted and cable stitches.  I am a newbie to knitalongs, but I am really looking forward to it, living in northern Alberta, Canada, I am finding it hard to find a knitting group that works in with my schedule.  I initially picked this pattern, because I have just returned from a holiday in the Maritimes and of course I brought back wool, wool and more wool with me.  Beautiful hand spun hand painted, believe me it is gorgeous.  But once I downloaded the pattern and googled the yarn that it is made from, I was hooked and have ordered a couple of skiens of the  Shokay Yarn Shambala.  Because I have trouble visualizing or figuring out what yarn I can substitue, onece I have knit one in the original yarn than I can do substitutions.  So will not be starting my project until I receive the yarn.  So I am not sure if this is acceptable or what the timelines for this knitalong.

Also as this is the first time I have done a knitalong, so I am not sure what is expected.  If anyone has any ideas to help me out and keep me on track I would be very happy to receive them.

Thanks

Anne

Not Ranked
Posts 1
MuggQ wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 3:34 PM

Already made 4 Koolhaas, Turn a Square is too easy, and the other fair isle is too easy. Koolhaas I think is quite a bit too hard for beginners...

Not Ranked
Posts 1
annegleason wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 3:46 PM

I vote for the Turn a Square.  I can't find good hat patterns for men/boys and I think my 16 yr old son will wear this.  Also I have not participated in a knit along and don't know what to expect, but look forward to doing it together.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
bgvt wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 4:04 PM

Is this pattern (Koolhaus) in a past issue of Interweave Knits? I'd be able to access it in my archives. Great style - I can see why it's getting all the votes!

Not Ranked
Posts 6
KLH wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 4:10 PM

I vote for  The Koolhaas Hat!

Not Ranked
Posts 14
MeganH wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 4:20 PM

I love the Koolhas as well, but I spin all my own yarn (brother with sheep and alpacas, so fleece on tap), so wouldn't use what's listed even if I could get it in Australia (although yak is soooo tempting). The pattern gives metres per 100gms along with yarn weight so it is not too hard to find (or make) a substitute yarn. I think from memory that Medium weight is not too far from DK, but you should check it out for yourself as my memory is not always reliable. Good luck with it.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
KatrinaJ wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 4:43 PM

I love the look of the KoolhaasHat.  It looks like it would be fun to knit & keep me warm in the winter

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Oct 26, 2011 4:50 PM

I'm not generally a big fan of hats (don't think I look good in them), but I think the Koolhass hat is particularly attractive.  I'd like to give it a whirl.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
SandyS@3 wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 5:17 PM

The Koolhaas hat.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
ShondellO wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 5:22 PM
Koolhaas please! Funny story, I made one at the beginning of 2010. A bit complicated for me but I got the hang of it, finished and got some compliments. Had worn it no more than 5 times and somehow my husband scooped it into the laundry and shrunk it a bit for me. ugh! Now with it's stitches muted and feeling like a head tourniquet, I feel lonesome for my Koolhaas. The real challenge will be pulling off my first KAL with a 13 month old at my side, Mommy's going to need some time in her yarn cave.
Not Ranked
Posts 2
vmary wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 5:38 PM

Koolhaus Hat.  A definite challenge to keep me going this winter.  Vee

Not Ranked
Posts 1
caroljune6 wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 5:40 PM

Fair Isle gets my vote.   Simply delightful, or delightfully simple...you choose Wink

Not Ranked
Posts 3
gwenydd wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 5:41 PM

Love the Koolhaas

Not Ranked
Posts 2
kkrause45 wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 5:41 PM

Koolhaas is my selection.  Great for those cool southern CAL mornings.

Karen

Page 13 of 19 (284 items) « First ...  < Previous  11 12 13 14 15  Next >  ... Last » | RSS