baby tree of life

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Lucia de wrote
on Oct 11, 2011 8:06 AM

I've printed a copy of the pattern from Lion Brand and find that they don't tell how many stitches to cast on and they also have a term in the instructions that reads "no stitch".  I'm confused.  Can anyone help?

Lucia

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Margaret@134 wrote
on Oct 12, 2011 4:59 AM

You are doinlae.  If you knit 2 sts together and don't do an increase on the next row instead of 2 sts there will be 1 st and "no stitch".  It works the same with increases.  The row below the increase will have a "no stitch" because that stitch hasn't been made.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Margaret@134 wrote
on Oct 12, 2011 5:00 AM

No spell check  :)  "You are doing lace"

Not Ranked
Posts 2
marlen372001 wrote
on Oct 19, 2011 3:38 AM

Dear Lucia,

Unfortunately, I cannot see the pattern. Maybe you must knit a sample. You measure the person for the knit and then you calculate how many sticthes you need.

Sample : knit w/ pattern a sample of 20 stitches and 10 - 20 rows. You measure the dimensions of the square and you transpose in the dimensions your person needs.

It would help if you send me the pattern/ project picture. I am at marlen372001@yahoo.com.

Happy knitting,

Marlen

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Oct 19, 2011 9:04 AM

Lucia de:

I've printed a copy of the pattern from Lion Brand and find that they don't tell how many stitches to cast on and they also have a term in the instructions that reads "no stitch".  I'm confused.  Can anyone help?

Lucia

I guess you totally missed reading the instructions below the charts where it states THROW:  Cast on 92 stitches.

When there is a graph and the instructions state "no stitch" it is because on the previous row you made a decrease and so there is no stitch to make.  Just simply skip over this "no stitch" because there is not one to knit there.  ie.  on row "a" there are 50 stitches.  on row "b" there are only 49 stitches because at stitch 30 there was a k2tog (decrease of one stitch).   on row "c" there will be "no stitch" where stitch 30 was on the previous row.

I just made up the rows a, b, c for an example to use.

For anyone who is wanting the pattern, find it on the Lion Brand Yarn web site.   www.lionbrand.com    and in the search type in Baby Tree of Life.

Happy knitting, Zoë Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS