Official forum for the KOOLHAAS HAT KNIT-ALONG!

This post has 280 Replies | 40 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 8
tkklier wrote
on Nov 22, 2011 7:05 PM

Finished last week and I thought I had posted, but didn't. Here is the final results. The changes I made really did not affect the outcome.  You were right Mrs. Davis, thanks! 

Here's my son wearing the finished hat.... (btw it's not for him, so it's a little big)

If you notice, there is some fuzzy spots that are naturally occurring from the yak yarn.  Once I rinse the hat in some cold water and block it, then I should be fine.   Does anyone know where I can get a Styrofoam head? It would work much better than my son's head for blocking (ha ha). My first thought is to visit eBay.  If anyone has a better suggestion, please email me off-board.  Thanks!  On to the second hat in Periwinkle.  :D  I LOVE this pattern!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 60
mrsdavis86 wrote
on Nov 22, 2011 10:12 PM

tkklier:
You were right Mrs. Davis, thanks!

You're welcome! I'm glad it worked out all right. The finished hat looks very nice, though I'm sure your son would prefer a more "manly" color, lol :) Periwinkle is one of my favorite colors, and I'll bet it will look fabulous in this hat.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 43
fort0093 wrote
on Nov 22, 2011 10:39 PM

It took me a while, but here is my finished hat.  I'm working on coming up with some mittens to match. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 60
mrsdavis86 wrote
on Nov 22, 2011 11:10 PM

fort0093:
It took me a while, but here is my finished hat.

Pretty hat; I love the color. Mittens sound nice; that is another thing I haven't attempted yet. Someday,lol.

Not Ranked
Posts 14
on Nov 23, 2011 3:52 PM

Luscious color, and beautiful job! What kind of yarn did you use?

Not Ranked
Posts 2
LHBloom wrote
on Nov 25, 2011 6:15 AM

I am joining in late....don't know how I missed the start of this KAL Sad     Will get started just as soon as I finish the  scarf I am working on.  The hat will be a good match  since the scarf has a simple cable in the desgin..   Like the video that is posted....always learning new techniques.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
jelli wrote
on Nov 25, 2011 8:12 AM

I finished my hat on Thanksgiving Day!

My thanks for all of the helpful posts and good advice given here. I ended up having to start the hat three times, and ended up tinking several rows a few times, too. It didn’t help that I also failed to repeat row 1 before starting the decreases! LOL!

In the end, what the experts said is true: trust the pattern and it will all turn out well. I was nervous about the decreases, but when I knit row 1 BEFORE starting the decreases, it turned out beautifully.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
jelli wrote
on Nov 25, 2011 8:19 AM

I'm having trouble figuring out how to post a picture. I need some advice! Stick out tongue

Not Ranked
Posts 2
ekendall2 wrote
on Nov 26, 2011 4:53 PM

franticknitter:

Is there an error in the pattern as printed in 2007 Holiday Gifts Knits?  I have started the hat with Debbie Bliss Alpaca/Silk.  Looks good up to row 6 of the chart.  I don't understand the movement of stitch/marker.  It says " work in patt to last st of rnd, sl last st to right needle, remove m, sl st back to left needle and replace m - this is the new beg of rnd for rnds 7&8.  Do I knit the last stitch of rnd 6?  I don't seem to have the stich/marker in the right place to move as suggested.  I need help.  Thanks, Franticknitter.  

Not Ranked
Posts 8
tkklier wrote
on Nov 26, 2011 6:31 PM

jelli:

I'm having trouble figuring out how to post a picture. I need some advice! Stick out tongue

On the toolbar there is an icon that looks like a filmstrip.  Click on that and it will give you an option to upload a picture from your hard drive.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 60
mrsdavis86 wrote
on Nov 26, 2011 6:33 PM

ekendall2:
Do I knit the last stitch of rnd 6?

You do not work the last stitch of rnd 6. You slip it, move the marker, and slip it back. You'll work it in the beg of rnd 7. The pattern is correct; you are just moving it for rnds 7-8, then you will be moving it back to be in the correct position for rnd 1 of the pattern repeat.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 43
fort0093 wrote
on Nov 26, 2011 7:31 PM

I'll give this a try... not sure how good I am at explaining...  right above where you type your message, there is a toolbar (Bold, Italic, Underline, etc)  About half way across there is a green little filmstrip looking icon, just to the left of the smiley face.  When you cursor over it, it should say insert media.  Click on that and a box should pop up.  I'm guessing you want to insert a photo of your project that you saved to your computer.  When the box pops up, it will be all set up for downloading from your computer.  Click the browse button.  This will bring up places to search on your computer.  go to where ever your photo is saved and double click on that file. It should transfer you back to the insert media screen and show your link in the open box next to the browse button.  Click on insert at the bottom left corner.  You're done!  That should insert your photo into your message. 

A few tips:..  One, if you need to turn your photo, turn it on your computer first and save it there before inserting into a message here.  For example, if you turned your camera to take the picture so the sides of your project are actually the top and bottom of your picture, when you save to your computer, turn the image first so it is facing the correct direction and then save.

Two, when I inserted my image, after clicking the insert button, the media box stayed open.  I closed the window and the image still inserted, so don't feel you have to wait for the box to close to indicate the image successfully loaded.

I hope these directions weren't too confusing.  If so, I believe their is a separate post that addresses how to insert pictures; it may be in general or it may be in the KAL... not sure...

Good luck! Dana

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 43
fort0093 wrote
on Nov 26, 2011 7:34 PM

Catherine,

If you were referring to my hat (the pinkish one on the black/navy blue background)  I used Caron SImply Soft in the Strawberry color.  Thanks! Dana

Not Ranked
Posts 4
jazmyne t wrote
on Nov 30, 2011 9:24 AM

Hi there,

I would like to join your knit a thon, but I am not able to understand your time schedule...lol.

what does 11-2 to 11-9 refer to?

thanks 

Jordan

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Karen6064 wrote
on Nov 30, 2011 10:42 AM

Hi Jordan - this knit-along was for the month of November 2011. 11-2 to 11-9 refers to the week of Nov. 2nd to the 9th. To keep you on schedule, Kathleen broke out the tasks on a weekly basis so you would finish the hat by today (11/30).

Page 18 of 19 (281 items) « First ...  < Previous  15 16 17 18 19  Next > | RSS