Official forum for the KOOLHAAS HAT KNIT-ALONG!

This post has 280 Replies | 40 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 14
on Nov 30, 2011 11:03 AM

Jordan:  Don't let the timing get in the way of a great new hat! (I've just begun a Bella Blouse, which was to have been completed by 9/28/11 ... and I've learned a lot by reading all the notes knitters made along the way. I'm just sailing along, and will have a gorgeous garment when I'm done.)  Welcome!!

Not Ranked
Posts 14
on Nov 30, 2011 11:06 AM

It was your hat indeed — and no wonder it looks so delicious!

Not Ranked
Posts 14
on Nov 30, 2011 11:08 AM

Oops, meant to address this to Dana.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
jazmyne t wrote
on Nov 30, 2011 11:11 AM

Thanks Grace, I think I will join in then.

Thanks for the welcome.

Jordan

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,337
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Dec 1, 2011 4:23 PM

Hi Knitters!

Want to do another hat knit-along before the holidays? I just finished the Turn a Square Hat (free on the Knitting Daily site), also a Jred Flood design, and it was so much fun. I learned how to work a jogless stripe, too.

I'm going to start a new thread for it because I know some of you will join in!

Kathleen

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 20
Vermontmary wrote
on Dec 1, 2011 5:32 PM

I'm in!! I gave up on the Koolhaas, but I'm ready to try another Jared Flood design! This one looks well within my capacity, to say nothing of all the lovely worsted weight wool in my stash!!

Mary

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 43
fort0093 wrote
on Dec 4, 2011 7:34 PM

I finally finished a mitten to match the hat. The increases for the thumb were a real struggle and I never did figure it out correctly. I am planning to use the finished one as a guide when knitting the other and hopefully will be able to figure out the correct stitches. If anyone has hints, tips or suggestions on how to figure out the increase area I would greatly appreciate the input!!

Not Ranked
Posts 10
KimberlyC wrote
on Dec 15, 2011 9:09 PM

I got a late start with some beautiful burgundy yarn and it's been slow going with a bit of frogging LOL, but I think I'm full steam ahead now and will post the finished object in the near future :)

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Nail wrote
on Feb 16, 2012 10:49 PM

Because this KAL was a small project, I finally took the bait -- my first KAL -- and joined -- at least privately.  Having had my eye on this hat for some time, I was delighted to have such an excuse to knit it.  I was afraid it would be a bit tricky but found that the knitting quickly turned into a pleasing rhythm.  I had balls of Jo Sharp in an aran tweed, light green and navy, in my stash.  First the green.  My cousin rejected the scarf I was knitting for her because unbeknownst to me, wool makes her itch.  But she LOVED the Koolhaus hat because as long as there was hair between her skin and the hat, she was OK.  So I knit a second one out of the navy -- for myself.  But my sister-in-law needed that one for her Xmas present.  Finally I knit a second navy one for myself and that was that.  Three lovely hats, first one finished by Thanksgiving, second one before Xmas and third one by the week after Xmas.  I LOVE KALs!

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Mrskidney wrote
on Jan 5, 2013 11:02 AM

That is exactly my problem.  It doesn't look like the picture.  It looks as if the pattern has shifted.  What to do????

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Mrskidney wrote
on Jan 5, 2013 11:04 AM

Your mittens are spectacular!  Well done.

Page 19 of 19 (281 items) « First ...  < Previous  15 16 17 18 19 | RSS