Official forum for the KOOLHAAS HAT KNIT-ALONG!

This post has 280 Replies | 40 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
tonya0421 wrote
on Nov 5, 2011 11:58 AM

Hi everyone. This is my first KAL also. I've had this pattern for about a month now, so when I saw this as a possible KAL, I was so excited! I plan to use Cascade Venezia in a chocolate brown color. I made another hat with this and its just so beautiful.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
RosettaW wrote
on Nov 5, 2011 12:02 PM

Hi. I'm Rosetta and this is my first knit-along. I have tried this pattern and it did not come out correctly so I'm glad to start again. I did start the hat in red heart sparkle. I am going to rip it out and start again! I have to use some yarn in my stash because I am in the house recovering from a knee surgery. Some of the other yarns I already ave is  simply soft. I love this yarn, knitPicks swish, caron one pound and country,  woolease, fishermen's wool and bernat satin and berella 4. Please let me know if one of these yarns would  be the best to try. Thanks!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 60
mrsdavis86 wrote
on Nov 5, 2011 1:17 PM

I so want to do this KAL, because I've never made a hat and I want to. I've done knitting in the round (cowls), and cables (scarf), and I have learned how to kfb. I'm off to find some yarn in my stash :).

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Nov 5, 2011 1:40 PM

I just bought the pattern on line, and found some nice Valley Yarns Colrain in my stash.  It's 50% merino and 50% tencel in a Jungle Green.   I like the color and the feel (very soft) but can't for the life of me remember why I bought just one skein of it sometime in the past.

Off now to do the swatch.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 60
mrsdavis86 wrote
on Nov 5, 2011 1:47 PM

I'm waiting to download the holiday gifts digital edition as soon as my account updates. . .and I found some Caron Simply Soft yarn in off-white in my stash. So, by end of day today I'll have everything I need to start working on my swatch :)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 60
mrsdavis86 wrote
on Nov 5, 2011 1:57 PM

I have the pattern printed out, and I'm going to try a swatch. . .one question before I start: Does being totally unable to read and understand a chart present an overwhelming obstacle to my completing this project???

Not Ranked
Posts 2
mcdquilter wrote
on Nov 5, 2011 2:54 PM

I'm delighted that this was the selection for the knit along!   I went ahead and splurged on the Shokay yarn used in the original in a pretty periwinkle blue.  Got the yarn in the mail today --- really, really soft.   Can't wait to get started!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
erikakane wrote
on Nov 5, 2011 4:01 PM

Hi! I'm so excited for this knit along which I probably should not even be attempting as I have at least 6 wips on needles and hooks.  But I've got the pattern and yarn -- I'm using tosh vintage in dahlia!  Can't wait.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 60
mrsdavis86 wrote
on Nov 5, 2011 4:01 PM

Bear with me here. . .I'm trying to write out the lattice chart because I'm miserable at reading charts. My question is on the chart image for round 7, the symbol for the LPC and the RPC looks different and I don't know what that means. Can someone explain this to a dufus???

Not Ranked
Posts 2
tonya0421 wrote
on Nov 5, 2011 5:00 PM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe its:

Round 7 of chart:

*slip 1 onto cable needle and hold in front, knit through back loop of next stitch,  knit through back loop of cable needle stitch

purl

purl *

*repeat this cycle until end.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Jo DeeF wrote
on Nov 5, 2011 8:16 PM

I've never participated in a KAL, so this is a first.  I'm using my own hand dyed worsted weight superwash merino.  The colorway is Litmus, which is teals with little patches of bright pinks.  Should be fun, and will match the socks that I'm knitting with the same colorway in BFL/nylon sock.  A matching set, yay!

Not Ranked
Posts 9
HarrietK@5 wrote
on Nov 5, 2011 9:23 PM

So many projects - but this one looks like fun!  Thanks to those who voted for it!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 43
fort0093 wrote
on Nov 5, 2011 10:31 PM

Hi everyone!  This is my first knit along too.  I made a lot of scarves while learning to knit about a year ago.  It's about time I got around to making some matching hats and mittens!  This hat looks great and should be a challenge (for me at least)!  I'll be using Caron Simply Soft as my yarn.  I believe some others are using that too.  I'll be using the hot pink/salmon color (I don't remember the actual name of color).  I'm hoping to begin my swatch tonight.  Happy knitting!

Dana

Not Ranked
Posts 1
mjzorn wrote
on Nov 5, 2011 10:51 PM

So, do you think I can do this?  I have "revived" my knitting after about thirty years, but only done scarves, caps, all beginner and easy patterns.  I've wanted to try a KAL, but just couldn't get interested in the sweaters and vests .... MusicMusicMusic

Not Ranked
Posts 4
SharonA wrote
on Nov 5, 2011 11:23 PM

I'm another who is new to KAL's but excited about this project.  Have wanted to do this cap for a while, so the timing of the KAL is perfect!  Haven't decided on what I'm going to work it with yet...

Page 2 of 19 (281 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS