Nicholas's Fingerless Gloves

This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Anne@6 wrote
on Jul 15, 2008 11:37 PM

Please  help there are no abbreviation explanations.  What does pm mean (is it place marker and if so how do you do it do you use a different colour strand and if so how - pse explain. What does sl m, is it slip marker.  What is BO in rib patt as est mean.  If you look at  Rnd 2-5: You have casted on 45 sts. P1, *K3, p2, rep from * to last st, P1 if you count that up it totals 42 and you are left with 3 stitches.   Can someone who has made these please explain in details as I do not understand.   I have not tried to make them yet I have read thru the pattern and do not understand some of the abbreviations.  Tks a stack Anne

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 39
Jody wrote
on Jul 17, 2008 8:53 AM

I haven't made these gloves and am not familiar with the pattern, but pm does mean place marker. You can buy markers to be used for knitting (some of them are quite fancy!) but something as simple as a paperclip could probably work. You just slip it onto your knitting needle between your stitches as a way to mark your place.

Sl m would mean slip marker. So you'd need the stitch before the marker, slip the marker onto your other needle, and then continue on with the next stitch.

BO is bind off. When I need to bind off in rib pattern I just continue with the knits and purls that I've established as I'm binding off my stitches.

Does this all make sense? Here is a link to a chart with many knitting abbreviations, although there are many others available on the web too. http://knitting.about.com/od/learntoknit/l/bl_abbreviations.htm

Jody

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS