Interweave Knits Winter 2011 poor picture quality

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 6
liisant wrote
on Dec 6, 2011 3:13 PM

Has anyone else got this beef?  I just got the newest issue and the first 4 patterns in the "Knit Bespoke" section seem like the pictures have been photographed through a dirty lens.  They are so fuzzy, the details are lost. They appear to be nice patterns but I'll have to read the patterns through before I make up my mind. The ads have better photo quality to them.  Also, don't photograph a dark coloured article in front of a dark background.  Like Fauna pullover or bobble and eyelet cowl .  Difficult to see, unless you're in front of a window. 

Or is it the poor paper quality?  The paper in this magazine is starting to resemble tissue.  I guess its their way to force us all to buy ebooks or get our subscriptions by email.  And I paid 7.99 Can. for it. 

This used to be the best knitting mag on the market, but now I like the British ones better. The styles are better and patterns are more errorfree.  Before I even try a pattern, I have to go on Ravelry and see if anyone has had problems with it.  Or to the IK Corrections page.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Eunny Jang wrote
on Dec 7, 2011 9:46 AM

Hi there liisant! I'm so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the Winter issue. We try to photograph things in an evocative way - the vision for the "Knit Bespoke" section was of bicycling during the sunset golden hour - but I certainly understand that it doesn't do any good if you can't see the knitting! I'm  glad to hear the feedback on all counts - we'll certainly keep it in mind during our next shoots. Please let us know any time you have an issue with the way something was photographed or with the quality of a pattern - the magazine is for you, and it's important to incorporate reader suggestions and address reader concerns. This forum is a good place, or contact knits@interweave.com any time to make sure we do see your note.

Thanks!

Eunny

Not Ranked
Posts 1
AliceV3 wrote
on May 5, 2012 6:46 PM

I definitely have the same issue!  I just received the Summer 2012, and the paper is really thin and poor quality.  The pictures don't show up well, and I even had trouble reading the print.  I wish I had opted for the online subscription.  I'm sure my experience would have been better. 

Sorry to have to say this, but it would be better to stop printing a paper version if it is going to be this bad.  I wasn't sure whether I just didn't find the patterns interesting or whether I was just deterred by the quality of the paper and print.  Maybe both.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS