three site complaints / suggestions

This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
jsloan1961 wrote
on Dec 14, 2011 7:36 AM

1) Is there some way to turn off the box that asks me to join every time I click through to the website? I am a member, I have been a member since Knitting Daily launched; there should be some way for your site to recognize my IP and quit yelling, "HALT! Who goes there!?" every time I visit.

2) When you offer to sell me a pattern, please tell me in advance the weight and yardage of yarn I will need.  That way I can make an informed decision based on what's in my stash.

3) All questions are not answered in your FAQ (obviously), but I can't find a way to contact you in the Help/FAQ section of the site, so I'm having to come here with my issues.  If there IS a "contact KD" button somewhere, could you possibly make it easier to find?  And if there isn't... well, maybe you'll consider getting someone to man that desk.

Thanks.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Dec 14, 2011 7:53 PM

jsloan1961:

1) Is there some way to turn off the box that asks me to join every time I click through to the website? I am a member, I have been a member since Knitting Daily launched; there should be some way for your site to recognize my IP and quit yelling, "HALT! Who goes there!?" every time I visit.

It is called logging in or signing in.  This does away with the polite notice asking you to sign up.

jsloan1961:

2) When you offer to sell me a pattern, please tell me in advance the weight and yardage of yarn I will need.  That way I can make an informed decision based on what's in my stash.

You can check out what the requirements are prior to purchasing the pattern.  There are a few more mouse clicks involved with this.

jsloan1961:

3) All questions are not answered in your FAQ (obviously), but I can't find a way to contact you in the Help/FAQ section of the site, so I'm having to come here with my issues.  If there IS a "contact KD" button somewhere, could you possibly make it easier to find?  And if there isn't... well, maybe you'll consider getting someone to man that desk.

It is right there in black and white at the bottom of the FAQ page.  I have done this many times.

I first joined in March of 2010.  I am not on as much any more due to illness.  Happy knitting, ZoëSmile

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS