Ocean Pearls Cardigan

This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 6
JanP wrote
on Jul 23, 2008 3:50 PM

Can anyone recommend a substitute yarn for the Mystik used in the ocean pearls cardigan in the Interweave Crochet Summer 2008 issue.  I love the sweater, but the yarn would run me well over $150.00.   Also do you know the weight of Mystik?  I've been unable to find info on whether it is a 2, 3 or 4 ply yarn. 

Thanks

Jan

Not Ranked
Posts 5
KristinM wrote
on Jul 28, 2008 9:35 PM

I just recently found a site called yarndex.com.  I don't know for sure how reliable it is, but they have tons of different yarns on there and for each, have the weight, material it's made from and lots of other interesting and useful information about it.

This is the page for the Mystic yarn. http://www.yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=37 They're saying that it is a DK weight yarn.  Has anyone else come across this site before?  Is it pretty accurate?

Not Ranked
Posts 1
ToniR wrote
on Aug 27, 2008 9:54 AM

The Mystik is six 2-ply strands and is a sport or baby weight. A really good indication is the wpi. Mystik has 16 wpi. You can take a ruler and wrap the substitute yarn around until you reach the 1 inche mark. The number of wraps is the wpi.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS