In the round shoulder shaping

This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
CaraJ wrote
on Jul 25, 2008 2:54 PM

I've never actually knit a sweater in the round yet, but one thing that I've noticed from looking at patterns is that every single sweater knit in the round (with no seams) has raglan sleeves. I can't figure out why it doesn't seem to be possible to knit a seamless sweater in the round with set-in sleeves (or drop shoulder... something other than raglan at least). Couldn't you just do the decreases directly on top of eachother for the shoulder shaping? Any explanation of this observation would be greatly appreciated, as I just can't figure this out!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 30
DebbieR wrote
on Jul 26, 2008 4:21 AM

...Hi CaraJ,

i'm not very qualified to reply to you but it looks like no one else has! (or have they?)Anyway, the 2 sweaters I have knitted in the round had 'yoke' decreasing/shoulders. I'm not fond of the way raglan looks so I went with a yoke. My daughter and I learned to knit along with Elizabeth Zimmermann; she's right when she says her seamless yoke sweaters are so easy you'll never make anything else. If you don't already know where to find her, check www.schoolhousepress.com her daughter has taken up the torch for her mom. Happy Knitting! :)

Not Ranked
Posts 2
CaraJ wrote
on Jul 29, 2008 1:27 PM

thanks so much! I hadn't thought of that...

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS