Three Geometric Pillows by Carolyn Pfeifer in Love of Knitting, Spring 2016
Difficulty Level Experienced
Rediscover geometry and color your world with these bold pillows. Made in a washable acrylic yarn, they can handle daily use from kids and pets, and these clever patterns can fit into many decor styles just by changing the colors. Imagine the Diamond Center and Triangles pillows in a Southwestern scheme, while the Squares design can be woodsy (brown and rust tones), sophisticated (black, white, gray), or playful (primary colors). Intarsia knitting makes for quick and satisfying results.
Designed by Carolyn Pfeifer
Yarn weight: 4
Yarn used: Soft Yarn by Red Heart
- Soft Yarn by Red Heart, 100% acrylic (256 yds/141g) in the following amounts/ colors:
- For Triangles pillow: 2 skeins 9010 Charcoal (A), 1 skein each of Navy 4604 (B) and 9440 Light Grey Heather (C)
- For Squares pillow: 2 skeins 1882 Toast (A), 1 skein each of 9388 Wheat (B) and 4601 Off White (C)
- For Diamond Center pillow: 2 skeins 4614 Black (A), 1 skein each of 4608 Wine (B) and 4600 White (C)
- U.S. size 7 (4.5mm) needles, or size required for gauge
- 14″ square pillow form, 1 per pillow
- Yarn needle
14″ square, stuffed
22 sts and 28 rows = 4″ (10cm) in St st
Play with color changes and light knits in the new digital Love of Knitting Spring 2016 ...